Chops Red Velvet Cake

joekatie

Tell me it is not true....Just read on the dessert thread that the red velvet cake is no longer going to be offered in Chops? We booked it for our cruise in April and that was what I was looking forward to most! Anyone else heard this or was this bad information?

You booked a cruise for a piece of cake??? WOW

Could be a cost cutting move, that cake costs $5 a slice (they buy it from here).

Sweet Street, they make awesome desserts!!!! I have had their peanut butter pie numerous times and it was outstanding! I live fairly close to them and have considered riding there and bringing some desserts home.

I will have to see if they carry any of their desserts on my upcoming cruise on the Grandeur.

I reported last year that the icing donuts were being discontinued and several people reported that that was not true because they were still on the ships that they had just sailed. Find them now! The donuts were factory made and stored in the freezer - cost and storage space. The replacement eclairs are freshly made in the bakery every day and reduce costs substantially.

Just off Saturday, Jan 18, and we had icing donuts everyday last week on the Independence. Chocolate and vanilla. So, they are still around on some ship, just saying.

You booked a cruise for a piece of cake??? WOW

I never said that, but nice try. I said it was the thing I was looking forward to most about Chops. I could have purchased their steak in the MDR but in addition to the atmosphere I was really looking forward to the RVC. As I said we have had it for Christmas every year so it has additional meaning attached than just a cake as well. Go troll somewhere else.

Sent from my XT897 using Forums mobile app

Do some of you folk remember the Chops of say 10 years ago or more???

Way different than it is now.....

We still visit Chops now but only the first night when it is half price (BOGO.)

RC keeps cutting costs and watering everything down.... Had the RV cake in December .. it was made there on the Allure.....TERRRIBLE!....Waiter said they were trying something new........Ok fine.

We frequent cruisers need to start cutting costs too...by taking less cruises. Then send Adam a copy of the "other" vacation itinerary telling him that should have been RC's vacation.

So, we went to Chops last night on the Serenade. I asked the hostess if she had heard about the demise of the RVC. She said that the Serenade is making the cake from scratch and that it will be around for a very long time.

So, Don,t Worry, Be Happy!

• 1 year later...

I agree w/ previous posters that the cake looks like a PINK velvet cake. Or an anemic Velvet cake.

As for the mudpie... that too has radically changed and is kind of ... I don't know.... kind of gelatin like. Both desserts used to be better IMHO.

Someone asked about Celebrity and RVC. I don't recall it in the restaurants EXCEPT sometimes it was in Cafe al Bacio where you can get it for free most of the day (Specialty coffees extra).

I don't think Celebrity or RCI have outstanding desserts for the most part.