Kibwe, waitress on Freedom.. Best EVER

Just got back from Freedom, and have to say, overall the waitstaff was pretty good, but our waitress, Kibwe Providence was absolutely AMAZING.

Best server I have ever had at any restaurant ever. I have eaten at greasy spoons, mom and pop's, franchise's, and a few times at 5 star restaurants... and she was the best, hands down.

I think the best thing about her was she always had a smile on her face. She enjoyed what she did and it showed.

When on vacation I try to step out of my comfort zone and order items I wouldn't normally order. One day I didn't see anything, so I asked for the steak. She said "today isn't the day for steak, get the tenderloin". I hesitated... she says "you don't like mushrooms do you?" (correct, the tenderloin had a mushroom sauce)... I nodded. "I'll take care of you" she says. "Don't you worry." And man.. I have to say.. the tenderloin (with a peppercorn sauce) was the BEST beef dish I have ever eaten in my life.

Kibwe was amazing. That was just one example. Some days she would just bring out a sample of an appetizer or a piece of lamb or duck for me to try. I didn't ask for it. She just thought I might like to try it. Sometimes I enjoyed it. Sometimes it reaffirmed that I didn't like it. But I always would try.

Seek her out if you are going on Freedom. Your cruise experience will be made that much better.

Edited by kingstonKouple72

Yes!! we were on the Jan 5th sailing and had Kibwe as well! We had her for MTD. She was awsome. There were 6 of us, and my mom-in-law has diet restrictions. Kibwe went out of her way to make her meals enjoyable. Always knowing what each of us liked, didnt like. We gave her a WOW card :)

Ali

Just got back from Freedom, and have to say, overall the waitstaff was pretty good, but our waitress, Kibwe Providence was absolutely AMAZING.

Best server I have ever had at any restaurant ever. I have eaten at greasy spoons, mom and pop's, franchise's, and a few times at 5 star restaurants... and she was the best, hands down.

I think the best thing about her was she always had a smile on her face. She enjoyed what she did and it showed.

When on vacation I try to step out of my comfort zone and order items I wouldn't normally order. One day I didn't see anything, so I asked for the steak. She said "today isn't the day for steak, get the tenderloin". I hesitated... she says "you don't like mushrooms do you?" (correct, the tenderloin had a mushroom sauce)... I nodded. "I'll take care of you" she says. "Don't you worry." And man.. I have to say.. the tenderloin (with a peppercorn sauce) was the BEST beef dish I have ever eaten in my life.

Kibwe was amazing. That was just one example. Some days she would just bring out a sample of an appetizer or a piece of lamb or duck for me to try. I didn't ask for it. She just thought I might like to try it. Sometimes I enjoyed it. Sometimes it reaffirmed that I didn't like it. But I always would try.

Seek her out if you are going on Freedom. Your cruise experience will be made that much better.

We had Kibwe as our waitress a few cruises ago and she was great. She rushed over to greet us (and the couple we usually travel with) at our table. Hope she is our waitress again on a future FR cruise!