Back 2 Back

BostonBoatBoy

Considering doing B2B 7 night Caribbean cruises on Celebrity Reflection November 2014. Have done many past cruises on Celebrity. So questions are:

How do they handle logistics for B2B passengers on embark/debark day?

Since we will have the same cabin on both cruises do we have to close out our account after 1st cruise?

Are we issued new SeaPass cards for the 2nd cruise?

Realize that the 7 day menu plan will repeat / there will be 1 more Formal Night than on a 14 night cruise / the Elite+ events will be on the 7 night schedule / etc.....

Are there any other types of differences experienced Back 2 Backers can relate??

Thanks in advance

Considering doing B2B 7 night Caribbean cruises on Celebrity Reflection November 2014. Have done many past cruises on Celebrity. So questions are:

How do they handle logistics for B2B passengers on embark/debark day? You will get a letter with instructions to your SR the day before the first cruise ends

Since we will have the same cabin on both cruises do we have to close out our account after 1st cruise? Yes.

Are we issued new SeaPass cards for the 2nd cruise? Yes.

Realize that the 7 day menu plan will repeat / there will be 1 more Formal Night than on a 14 night cruise / the Elite+ events will be on the 7 night schedule / etc.....

When the menu repeats, this will give you a chance to dine in the Specialty restaurants since you will know what you want to miss!

Are there any other types of differences experienced Back 2 Backers can relate?? You will be required to do the muster drill again. If you are in the MDR, Sometimes they come around on the last night of the first cruise and ask you where you would like to sit for the next cruise but not always. Sometimes there is a special lunch on embarkation day btwn the cruises for the back to backers but we have never seen this.

There are dozens of posts about this here on Cruise Critic, and a search of this board will give you all kinds of advice. back to Back is great, although the in between day is a little awkward.....you basically waste a whole morning, can't sleep in, have to leave the ship by a certain time (in the US, not so in .europe)

On our recent Summit B2B they gave us a free lunch in Bistro on 5. We had to get off the ship by 10 am, reenter and get new Seapass cards which took 10 minutes total. It was nice the first week knowing we didn't have to cram in all the shows and activities because most of them were repeated on the second cruise.

I suggest that you follow the letter that you get - we have done a couple and all been handled differently by different ships

1 just asked us to get off the ship at 10am as they have to show they cleared it then walked us straight back on again - no change to card or account etc

Another we had to close account and reopen even though we were in the same cabin

And because they close off the corridors to do all the rooms, we just opened the door and went back to our cabin

the common denominator was that we did not have to pack anything

I've done B2B on Summit (SanJuan) and Reflection (Barcelona). Concur with previous comments . I think it is pretty easy process and didn't mind a wasted day in San Juan. There was no waste in Barcelona, as we did some self touring. My main complaint about b2b was having repeat entertainers. I expected the productions shows to repeat, but for both my b2b's the 'guest' acts also repeated..singers,comedians,etc. Still I was on a cruise ,so how bad could it be. See good acts again, skip them next time. You may get new acts on second cruise.

Sent from my AT100 using Forums mobile app