Which d.r. is for traditional on Royal?

silvercruiser

The Allegro, however on my cruise they used one of the anytime

Dining rooms for first sitting, then it was anytime dining later.

I did the 5:30pm Early Dining on Ruby Princess in December 2012 and this was also the case.

:D

Edited by dmwnc1959

I can add a few...

QUOTE]

dmwnc1959 and Fielddreamer,

Thank you both so much for sharing your pictures. We've chosen traditional dining on the Royal but I must say I'm not impressed with how the Allegro looks in your photos.

The ceiling looks very low and the decor kind of looks like the décor in a meeting room in a hotel.

I guess I'm spoiled with ships that have the multi-level dining rooms that when you enter look so expansive...

Please tell me that my impressions are wrong about the dining room.

dmwnc1959 and Fielddreamer,

Thank you both so much for sharing your pictures. We've chosen traditional dining on the Royal but I must say I'm not impressed with how the Allegro looks in your photos.

The ceiling looks very low and the decor kind of looks like the décor in a meeting room in a hotel.

I guess I'm spoiled with ships that have the multi-level dining rooms that when you enter look so expansive...

Please tell me that my impressions are wrong about the dining room.

None of the main dining rooms on any of the Princess Cruises ships are more than one deck high, unlike those found on RCI/Celebrity which have a large central cavernous opening. Those on Princess are not built to 'wow' you, but are more intimate like land based restaurants.

The decor in the Concerto and Symphony Dining Rooms is softer and a bit more elegant compared to that of the Allegro Dining Room which appears rather stark in contrast, but IMHO looks better in real life than in pictures.

None of the main dining rooms on any of the Princess Cruises ships are more than one deck high, unlike those found on RCI/Celebrity which have a large central cavernous opening. Those on Princess are not built to 'wow' you, but are more intimate like land based restaurants.

The decor in the Concerto and Symphony Dining Rooms is softer and a bit more elegant compared to that of the Allegro Dining Room which appears rather stark in contrast, but IMHO looks better in real life than in pictures.

Dave is spot on in what he says and I had a great table location near a window for 4 of us and we really enjoyed it . The service was the best we have had on any of our crusies . The room looks great when the tables are set ! Bob

Just wondering if there is any way to request a table closer to entrance for traditional dining?Last 3 years we have been seated as far back as possible making it a bit difficult for elderly mom to maneuver back there. This year she will need to use a small walker. We will manage but sure would be nice to be closer to entrance.:)

Glad to hear that the dining room will hopefully look better in real life. Your comments about the other two dining rooms appearing more elegant are definitely reflected in your pictures.

Fielddreamer...you're probably right about the tables looking better if they had the table settings in place.

Thank you both for your first hand insight.

Kathy

Just wondering if there is any way to request a table closer to entrance for traditional dining?Last 3 years we have been seated as far back as possible making it a bit difficult for elderly mom to maneuver back there. This year she will need to use a small walker. We will manage but sure would be nice to be closer to entrance.:)

If you have Anytime Dining I wouldn't think it would be a problem based on availability of tables. However, if you have an assigned dining time the tables are already divvied up and it may be more difficult. Check with the Maître d' shorty after you embark to enquire/ensure you get a table that makes it easier for you mom.

Agreed. We did anytime on the TA, and when we finally went aft to look at the Allegro, we were both impressed. Kinda elegant, and quite different from the other two.