Miraflores - Lima, Peru

NSWP

Two queries re our upcoming Golden Princess cruise, Buenos Aires to Los Angeles.

1. Has anybody done the Princess Cruises City Drive & Indian Markets tour in Lima? If so, did the Tour Bus offer to drop people off at Miraflores on the way back to the ship?

2. Also, the Princess Ship shuttles from Port at Callao, do they go into Miraflores?

Thanks

Edited by NSWP

Two queries re our upcoming Golden Princess cruise, Buenos Aires to Los Angeles.

1. Has anybody done the Princess Cruises City Drive & Indian Markets tour in Lima? If so, did the Tour Bus offer to drop people off at Miraflores on the way back to the ship?

2. Also, the Princess Ship shuttles from Port at Callao, do they go into Miraflores?

Thanks

There was another thread about a week ago on this topic. Might want to compare notes there and what you receive here. We were on the Golden Princess last month/this month on its way Rio. We took the Lima City Tour which was run by Lima Tours. They had excellent guides and some interesting parts above and underground in Lima. We traveled through several neighbor hoods including Miraflores at one near the sea was Larcomar, a shopping mall built into the seaside cliffs. The other notable area was a JF Kennedy Park where there were department stores, craft shops, restaurants around the perimeter of the park. Great food here as well but we ate at Larcomar and watched the sunset. This district has it's own police and security so we felt relatively safe in the crowded areas but we were warned to keep our cameras and wallets hidden and clutch your handbags/fannyback near your chest.

• 2 weeks later...

In certain cities, husband and I take only my small camera and a small inconspicuous cross shoulder bag with a compartment for the camera. It's: zip open, take camera, take picture, camera goes back into the bag. No standing around and trying to get the best angle. If the weather is not hot, I wear a loose jacket over the bag. So far it has worked.

By the way, no jewellery, neither real gold/silver nor fashion. Thieves cannot see from afar whether your stuff is genuine or not and you don't want them to come up close because you look like an attractive target.

Question: I have also heard to keep cameras/;purses out of sight. However, being tourists we will want to take pics of Lima. So, how to do this?

our local tour manager told us to "blend in". Being tourist, he then suggested the next best thing is to keep your camera's and bags in front of you, not on your back or on your side.

Good advice Duane.

Blending in worked well in Buenos Aires. I even got my husband to buy all black sneakers before the trip. White sneakers scream TOURIST!

In Peru, I did not manage to look like a local, but I wear 'city clothes' in cities: long pants or capris instead of shorts and no hiking outfits with backpacks.

If you are on a group tour, it does not really matter, you are visibly a tourist, no matter what you are wearing.