Breeze/ Dream Class Large Balcony

oceanseagle12

Hi Carnival friends. I have been away for a bit, but I'm excited to be planning a cruise on the Carnival Breeze!

I could use some help understanding the "large balcony" category. I have tried searching for information, but the threads I've found inevitable lead to discussions about the L-shaped balconies. I'm not talking about those cabins, but the others that come up when you choose large balcony.

Any details about these would be helpful- i.e. size of room and balcony when compared to a standard balcony.

Any other considerations?

THANKS!

As far as I know the L shapes are the same as large balcony , and the balcony of the L shapes is about 2 1/2 times the size of a regular balcony. If you do a mock booking on CCL website and select Large Balcony, the L shapes will come up in green if available. At times it will show a large balcony in green when it is NOT a large balcony. We always choose the large balcony when we book ourselves on line , but they usually are gone fairly quick as there are only a few on the ships. We have had one on Triumph 3 times and have one booked on Magic, cabin # 7455...

Thanks for the response. I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying that the booking engine erroneously shows balconies as "large balconies" that are not actually large balconies? I select large balcony and it shows 10 cabins available in that category. One of them is an L shape, the others are a standard shape.

If there aren't any differences between these standard-shaped cabins, and others listed as a regular sized balcony, I can find a better location. But if they are actually bigger, it would be worth being further aft.

Yes, that is what happens in my case doing mock bookings on CCL website..Have not figured that one out, but from being on the ship I know I am correct. I like the aft location as there is so little traffic in the hallway, and I go up a couple of decks and am right there for coffee or a snack ..If you look at the Magic deck plans, the L shapes are 7454 & 7455 on deck 7,6460,6468,6493,6499 on deck 6, 8462 &8469 on deck 8..On deck 9 9472 & 9475 do not show up the same for me on a mock booking, but if you go through a PVP, these two have a deal on them at times. Hope this helps..

Thanks for the response. I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying that the booking engine erroneously shows balconies as "large balconies" that are not actually large balconies? I select large balcony and it shows 10 cabins available in that category. One of them is an L shape, the others are a standard shape.

If there aren't any differences between these standard-shaped cabins, and others listed as a regular sized balcony, I can find a better location. But if they are actually bigger, it would be worth being further aft.

Thanks again. It's frustrating that the booking engine shows up that way if that is the case. They certainly make it seem like all of the listed cabins are large balconies, although there are no details to be found! I'm working with a TA, so I'm sure they can find the cabins that are available also.

I have seen this issue also on the miracle. Was looking under extended balconies and there were a few regular balconies listed with the extended price.:confused: If you look at the deck plan you can see which are the larger ones fairly easily. Looking at the dream class deck plans leads me to believe the post about the L shape cabins being the ones with large balconies is correct.

Also if you do a mock booking when you click on a particular room it will have a small bit of info about the room that will tell if it is a large balcony.

Overthehill is spot on about which rooms have the large balconies. On goccl.com the balconies for the rooms overthehill listed are 75 square feet or twice the size of the regular 35 sq ft balcony plus 5 bonus ft .

Edited by n6uqqq

Hi Carnival friends. I have been away for a bit, but I'm excited to be planning a cruise on the Carnival Breeze!

I could use some help understanding the "large balcony" category. I have tried searching for information, but the threads I've found inevitable lead to discussions about the L-shaped balconies. I'm not talking about those cabins, but the others that come up when you choose large balcony.

Any details about these would be helpful- i.e. size of room and balcony when compared to a standard balcony.

Any other considerations?

THANKS!

What is the cabin # you are referring to? You can find specific cabin (and balcony) dimensions on goccl.com. I have booked a "large balcony" on Dream in March 2014 and found the total space to be 260 sq. ft. including 75 sq. ft balcony.

If you post your cabin # on Breeze, I can post the dimensions.

Sorry , just saw the previous two posts. (I don't "refresh" often enough.) Offer to post dimensions stands if you have a hard time negotiating goccl.com.

Edited by Tullic
Update

What is the cabin # you are referring to? You can find specific cabin (and balcony) dimensions on goccl.com. I have booked a "large balcony" on Dream in March 2014 and found the total space to be 260 sq. ft. including 75 sq. ft balcony.

If you post your cabin # on Breeze, I can post the dimensions.

Sorry , just saw the previous two posts. (I don't "refresh" often enough.) Offer to post dimensions stands if you have a hard time negotiating goccl.com.

I was looking at the cabins that are the same color as the L-shapes mentioned here. On deck 9, for example, L shape cabins are 9472 and 9475, and shaded green. The other cabins in that area are also in green (9444, 46, 50, for example) also show on Carnival's booking engine as "large balcony" which is what prompted my question.

I hope that makes sense as I shouldn't be typing while I'm so tired. :D

Thanks for the offer of help!

I was looking at the cabins that are the same color as the L-shapes mentioned here. On deck 9, for example, L shape cabins are 9472 and 9475, and shaded green. The other cabins in that area are also in green (9444, 46, 50, for example) also show on Carnival's booking engine as "large balcony" which is what prompted my question.

I hope that makes sense as I shouldn't be typing while I'm so tired. :D

Thanks for the offer of help!

According to goccl.com, 9472 and 9475 are true "large balcony" cabins:

9472 8D 185/75 = 260 sq ft

Beds: twin/king

View: window and wrap-around balcony Balcony partition connects to: None

Bathroom: shower-toilet-sink

Features: flat screen-TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; safe; minibar; 3-closets; desk and ottoman seat

Balcony features: 2 patio chairs and table

Smoking permitted on balcony only

The others you listed (9444 etc.) are standard balconies. I've found the "large balcony" cabins are priced as and in the same category as standard 35sqft balconies. If you want a large balcony and don't mind a strangely shaped cabin, they are a great deal.

Of course the "Large Balcony" cabins you were looking at are probably gone by now!

There was only one at the time, and we were booking multiple cabins. I was really trying to decide between the others I mentioned, and mid-ship cabins. Carnival's booking engine makes it seem like those I mentioned are larger than the mid-ship ones.

For us, if the cabins are the same we would prefer to be mid-ship. But if they were actually larger, we would book the larger ones. So that is why I was trying to get d

I just wish Carnival would fix this issue so that there isn't any confusion when booking. :rolleyes:

There was only one at the time, and we were booking multiple cabins. I was really trying to decide between the others I mentioned, and mid-ship cabins. Carnival's booking engine makes it seem like those I mentioned are larger than the mid-ship ones.

For us, if the cabins are the same we would prefer to be mid-ship. But if they were actually larger, we would book the larger ones. So that is why I was trying to get d

I just wish Carnival would fix this issue so that there isn't any confusion when booking. :rolleyes:

Yes, if you're not interested in the "L shaped" cabins then just book mid-ship because the rest of the (non aft, non suite) balcony cabins are all the same.