Nassau excursions

rather_be_traveling

I'm taking 3 of my boys (11, 9, 8) on the Dream in March. I've been to Nassau and didn't see much that I would really want to do with my kids. I understand that many families will go to Atlantis. I'm having a hard time justifying that kind of money to leave one "resort" to go to another bigger resort. What else is there, that won't run us $300-$400, besides the straw market (not taking my kids there) and a horse-drawn carriage ride? The kids just want to swim. I'd like them to see a little bit of another country and maybe learn something.

Correct, Cable Beach is a 15 minute walk from the pier. It is the same beach used by the Hilton. It is a 5 minute cab ride if desired.

You can also do a brief walking tour of the city with a guide...this will hit the cultural areas. My experience--kids hate island tours. Skip them and let them swim and have fun. Alternatively, stay on the ship and enjoy the smaller crowd.

Would they like the Pirate Museum?

Its only 5 minutes walk from the pier.

Just google Nassau Pirate museum and there's a great site to tell you everything about it. Only takes 45 minutes to an hour to see it so you still have time to go to the beach is you want to.

Our grand kids loved the Pirate museum.

Dh and I are going to the Bahamas in May (not on cruise) and I just booked this for one day. It looks like fun and something different.

We are doing the Disney Dream cruise in August and if we like it might take kids

If you are in a splurging mood, I REALLY recommend playing with the sea lions! Its different and SOOO funny and so much fun. And if you aren't booking thru DCL (since you are doing a land trip), the rates are even better for the animal encounters. Super fun! Don't forget to order the Conch Fritters.

If you are in a splurging mood, I REALLY recommend playing with the sea lions! Its different and SOOO funny and so much fun. And if you aren't booking thru DCL (since you are doing a land trip), the rates are even better for the animal encounters. Super fun! Don't forget to order the Conch Fritters.

That sounds fun..will check it out. Thanks

LOVE Nassau!! I would say do a city tour but really little ones might get board easily on that so I suggest doing your own tour. Go to government buildings, Queens Staircase, Fort Fincastle on your own. There is also other options.

http://www.nassauparadiseisland.com/what-to-do/unique-tours-activities/ardastra-gardens-zoo/

I also know a lot of people who get a room at the Comfort Inn and Suites for the Day. You have all access to Atlantis without paying as much

http://www.comfortsuites.com/hotel-nassau-bahamas-BS003

Off the topic but if the kids like chocolate milk.... Take a regular class,

add ice..flip back the hot chocolate dispenser so your glass fits under and hit the button. It's yummy and very close to the real thing!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Off the topic but if the kids like chocolate milk.... Take a regular class,

add ice..flip back the hot chocolate dispenser so your glass fits under and hit the button. It's yummy and very close to the real thing!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

You can get cartons of chocolate milk from room service 24/7, from the pool deck buffet at meal times, and in the dining room. From the buffet, you can get some extra cartons and take them back to your room fridge/beverage cooler. And on the Wonder (beverage cooler), it stays very cold if you place a cup of ice in the cooler.

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks, Mom x4,

When I suggested the Pirate Museum to the boys, they went nuts! We are going to do that and then head back to the ship.

Thank you to everyone for your ideas. It is greatly appreciated.

Brian

I'd second the pirate museum. It is basically a few blocks up from the dock. Our kids loved it when we went when they were younger. You could then swing over to Junkanoo beach. It is past the straw market a few blocks and there are a few vendors there for food and drinks. Not the best beach in the world but it was free and you'll have great views of the ships.