Serenade - What not to miss?

amallison

We sail out Saturday on the Serenade. Neither myself nor dh have ever cruised with RCCL, so we don't know what to expect other than what I've read on CC.

If you have been on the Serenade recently (since her upgrades) what were your favorite things? What should we do first (besides going to the WJ for lunch)? What should we not miss out on? This is our first "real" vacation since having kids (they're 4 & 5) so we're just a tad bit excited and more than ready to get this show on the road.

So, tell me what are some of your favorite things to do on the Serenade!

Edited by amallison
edited by me - to fix a typo

I for one would like to see a current photo of the English Pub (Crown & Castle) on the Serenade. I understand it is located in the space previously occupied by the sports bar. So far I have not been able to locate one. Would be curious as to what it looks like.

Relax in the Solarium, for adults only. A quiet and peaceful area away from the crowds. And after a late night dinner you will find it is especially quiet so you can sit back and relax while watching the stars.

Here's a post http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=41397698#post41397698 where I posted a few pictures of the Solarium area. The photos are in posts 8,9,10 and 11.

The Park Cafe has amazing tapas at night. I also have an in depth review in my signature. Towards the end, I have a post which covers the ship's offerings.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

On my way to read your review now. Thank you so much for sharing. I've heard some amazing things about the Park Cafe and can't wait to try it out. I'm definitely thinking my pants aren't going to fit after this trip.

I really enjoyed the solarium. Also try out the mini golf and rock climbing wall. I didn't think I could climb it, but I did! The handler was great, giving me the extra encouragement to get all the way up.

Have fun!

The outdoor dining area at the back of the Windjammer.

The bread pudding in the Windjammer.

The roast beef sandwich in the Park Café.

The 4 vignettes in the Atrium. Get there early.

Chops and Giovanni's Table. MMMMM!!!

Edited by Tim,n,Sue

Is sea view gone? I think they removed it with the changes. If not, it has great onion rings and hot sandwiches.

Seaview on Serenade was replaced with Izumi. Jewel has the only Seaview left in the fleet.

I for one would like to see a current photo of the English Pub (Crown & Castle) on the Serenade. I understand it is located in the space previously occupied by the sports bar. So far I have not been able to locate one. Would be curious as to what it looks like.

I don't have a picture but it is just as you would imagine a pub to be. High wooden tables and stools, a bar, a dart board, wood floor and nice period pictures for atmosphere. There are also 4 TV screens broadcasting sports all the time

I don't have a picture but it is just as you would imagine a pub to be. High wooden tables and stools, a bar, a dart board, wood floor and nice period pictures for atmosphere. There are also 4 TV screens broadcasting sports all the time

Thanks for the description. I always thought the sports bar was underutilized and kind of lame. I like the fact that they are going for the pub look but still retaining a few TV's to catch a game if necessary.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

The outdoor seating at the back of the Windjammer - the best thing about Radiance class ships from someone who usually hates the Windjammer.

The self-levelling pool tables - not of interest to me but my sons loved them

The deck area next to the climbing wall - always lots of empty loungers and nice and quiet (away from announcements)

the Ranger Cookies in the Park Cafe.

if you are doing MTD ask to be seated with Carlos and Joseph.

WJ for breakfast.. skip the scoop eggs and get the fried/scrambled/omelets cooked to order.

Yes, fresh scrambled at WJ omelette station is a must. Far superior to the buffet eggs. Plus you can get cheese in them :D

• 3 weeks later...

Hi stone902... I was checking out CC about menus on the Serenade. Looks like you were too!!! We will see you at the M&M on the 15th. Its been almost 2 years since we have been cruising (I know.. we've been doing A/I's for a change):rolleyes: Looking forward to having a couple of Kummelweck sandwich's when we board:D

See you in 4 DAYS:cool:

Dean and Lori