Deployment schedule: let the guessing begin!

For the same dates? Didn't know Quantum prices after April had been published so you could compare apples to apples.

So the same issue of Quantum prices for Galveston?

Hmm, so you think its completely logical that there's a substantial increase in cost per night between a brand new ship sailing to the Caribbean in late April and a significantly older ship sailing from the same homeport to the Caribbean in early May? Really? I could get you a school calendar from up here if that's where you're going with this... it won't support your argument.

I'm not talking about Galveston, I'm talking about Bayonne.

Edited by Dave85

Sending Quantum to China is making everyone testy.

Absolutely understandable for those who need/want to sail her out of Cape Liberty. After having her for a short time, Quantum will now be pulled out from under you. At least Anthem will be showing up later. And Liberty's still newer/bigger/better than the Explorer you had all those years, isn't it?

It is not the fact that it is especially Quantum. In general it is the fact that such an advanced and huge ship will be sent to Asia!

If it were Liberty, Freedom, Navigator, whatever, I also would be somewhat angry, because the short Asia itineraries are not appealing, and you could deploy such ships more senseful!

I think even Liberty would be "enough" to beat NCL Breakaway out of NYC - I think even Explorer had good chances agains Breakaway.

Breakaway just has too many passengers for its size... and Liberty offers a good mixture between an original "ship" and a resort.

Breakaway is just a floating resort, with few maritime flair...

Edited by celebrity_fan

Absolutely understandable for those who need/want to sail her out of Cape Liberty. After having her for a short time, Quantum will now be pulled out from under you. At least Anthem will be showing up later. And Liberty's still newer/bigger/better than the Explorer you had all those years, isn't it?

Well honestly, I expected Quantum summer prices would be high, but going from Ex to Quantum would be a big jump. Going from Ex to Liberty is not as big of a jump, but it looks like they want to get the same price jump that Quantum would demand.

I think it may have to do with loyalty. Why should us cruisers loyal to RCI and X get the older ships when a brand spanking new ship get sent to an unproven, albeit relatively untapped market? They are trying to attract more of us...and why shouldn't they?

We are like children, we want the new toy on the market and we don't want to share!

Hmm, so you think its completely logical that there's a substantial increase in cost per night between a brand new ship sailing to the Caribbean in late April and a significantly older ship sailing from the same homeport to the Caribbean in early May? Really? I could get you a school calendar from up here if that's where you're going with this... it won't support your argument.

You do know there's more to the world than what's bounded by the Hudson and East Rivers? And they could have different school calendars that end earlier? And those families take vacations too? Perhaps even to Bermuda?

I'm not talking about Galveston, I'm talking about Bayonne.

Well, you said my entire premise was faulty. Galveston prices were part of my initial premise.

I think it may have to do with loyalty. Why should us cruisers loyal to RCI and X get the older ships when a brand spanking new ship get sent to an unproven, albeit relatively untapped market? They are trying to attract more of us...and why shouldn't they?

We are like children, we want the new toy on the market and we don't want to share!

Yeah I feel like my ship was taken away, lol. But it will probably save me money because I'd rather fly to Florida than pay Quantum prices for Liberty. I probably won't be cruising summer times anymore anyway since my kids will all be in college and we'll travel during more off-peak times.

Edited by marci22

OK.

So.

I wouldn't have gone over to the US to try out Quantum but will definitely be comparing prices over in the Far East..... my guess is that she will be priced out of my budget. For me it's still about itinerary first..... and that's one area I've yet to explore.

Edited by NorbertsNiece

You do know there's more to the world than what's bounded by the Hudson and East Rivers? And they could have different school calendars that end earlier? And those families take vacations too? Perhaps even to Bermuda?

Well, you said my entire premise was faulty. Galveston prices were part of my initial premise.

...and you do realize that the ships that sail out of the various non-cruise-hub drive up markets (NYC-area, Galveston, Baltimore, etc.) are generally intended to cater to those markets? School vacations are actually pretty standard in the Northeast, but I guess you wouldn't actually know that living in Florida where schools are on completely different schedule.

But anyway, I'm getting the impression from your latest comments (bolded) that you're just one of those random posters from elsewhere in the country who harbors some sort of strange animosity against New York. Got it. Moving on...

Edited by Dave85

Something is up with these outrageous prices....

Pretty sure they will drop to a normal price soon. Hang tight.

If at all, it will be after the 'Annual Meeting' on May 12th. But I'm not overly confident, if you consider that 3 of the 4 largest ships in the fleet will not be in the US during summer 2015. Less inventory equals higher prices. Prices on just about everything of importance is going up. But yet I can get a JS on a VOS 4 day trip in October for less than a standard balcony.

On our Jewel trips here on the West Coast, we've seen at least 10 price increases in about a month since opening. The demand for these trips by CC people was sufficient enough to make the minimum for the M&M in less than 24 hours.

I can finally see the Liberty summer sailing prices online.

WOW

Owner's suite >4k pp for a 5 night cruise. Good luck with that. It's like $900 pp per day. (July)

Is anyone booking any of these cabins at these prices?

Edited by marci22

The best part is when you choose a cabin and Royal offers you to

"upgrade your cabin for ONLY $991 per person per day!"

I'll take 3.

So if this was Quantum and not Liberty would the OS be $6.5k pp for a 5 night cruise instead of $4.5k? Remember this is per person. Not per cabin.

I had to go back and look again because I can't believe I am typing the right numbers.

Edited by marci22

There will be a 12-night Caribbean reposition from New York to Galveston on Liberty. The first sailing from Galveston is listed as a 9-night tour of the Caribbean before starting 7-night alternating Western Caribbean itineraries.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The best part is when you choose a cabin and Royal offers you to

"upgrade your cabin for ONLY $991 per person per day!"...

And oddly, THAT part of the website works perfectly all the time!

Ok now that most of the fleet deployment has been released/announced, how about we guess where the heck Legend is going.

Hopefully Legend will be coming to Australia and home-porting in Brisbane …… any other thoughts?