Deployment schedule: let the guessing begin!

Waiting on Australia for Jan/Feb 2016..... way too much time on my hands.... visited the Port of Sydney website and find :

2nd Jan Voyager

6th Jan Explorer

7th Jan Radiance

13th Jan Voyager

17th Jan Explorer

19th Jan Radiance

21st Jan Voyager

28th Jan Explorer

31st Jan Radiance

Aus/NZ sailings should be out next week.

It's a long thread.... posted this info a while ago :)

Regarding Legend for summer 2015 she could go to Europe with Hamburg, Germany, departures. RCL has added this already for August 2014 (later published than rest of Europe). I believe it was not done for one time only as Germany is an important market for cruise departures that can no longer be excluded by RCL.

I doubt that Legend will return to Hamburg in 2015.

The 2014 itineraries from Hamburg are not very highly demanded, and the European competitors are too strong, sadly. :( :(

Hamburg in 2015 would have been the task for Serenade, as she offers the Norway/Baltic itineraries in 2015, which Legend does in 2014.

But Serenade will not go out of Hamburg.

I would say Legend will be deployed elsewhere. Maybe just Asia, no Australia...

Royal Caribbean have a spot booked in Sydney under the name Rhapsody of the Seas 12 June 2015.

Is this the ship the USA is crying over losing?

It is a cold weather ship starting duty in Shanghai late June 2015.

Via Cape Horn possibly.

I am certain we can give her a great Aussie welcome.

Not sure if it will got to the consumer site or not but I do see the 11/13 9-night sailing on Liberty from Galveston in the system now like it is bookable for anyone, not just TA's

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

oh, i see that.:)

Royal Caribbean have a spot booked in Sydney under the name Rhapsody of the Seas 12 June 2015.

Via Cape Horn possibly.

Rhapsody will be in Dubai on May 17,2015 then to Istanbul. We're booked on Rhapsody on June 1,2015 for the first of her several Black Sea voyages.

after that i think she's in Europe for the summer season. It's Quantum that is in Shanghai.

Edited by sanbmet

If that booking in Sydney 12 June 2015 is in fact a Royal Caribbean spot it appears more then likely it will be Legend of the Seas leaving Fort Lauderdale 29 April to Sydney via Panama Canal. Then travel to based in my home town Brisbane.

Could very well be!!

Maybe Rhapsody is listed there as a placeholder for Legend.

Maybe she is doing a year round season from Sydney or repositioning to Asia via Australia.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Via Cape Horn possibly.

Rhapsody's deployment has been out for a couple of weeks now, so I don't understand the above nor the replies to this?? Rhapsody is heading to South America through to spring 2016.

The only ship not deployed is Legend. I believe there's many holes to fill everywhere in the world. My guess, and it's only a guess, that Legend won't be in Asia or Oz. Rhapsody (any Vision class) is not a "cold-weather" ship, and actually has a better pool deck than Radiance imo. Radiance has much more enclosed interior space and "glass" from inside to view outside than any other ship in the fleet... Radiance (and now Quantum) are your "cold weather" ships.

Rhapsody's deployment has been out for a couple of weeks now, so I don't understand the above nor the replies to this?? Rhapsody is heading to South America through to spring 2016.

The only ship not deployed is Legend. I believe there's many holes to fill everywhere in the world. My guess, and it's only a guess, that Legend won't be in Asia or Oz. Rhapsody (any Vision class) is not a "cold-weather" ship, and actually has a better pool deck than Radiance imo. Radiance has much more enclosed interior space and "glass" from inside to view outside than any other ship in the fleet... Radiance (and now Quantum) are your "cold weather" ships.

I think you've missed what some people are saying. We know that Rhapsody will be in Europe in June 2015. In fact, she's due to sail from Istanbul on the 12th of June, plus she's never normally in Australian waters in June anyway. There is a place holder, under the name of Rhapsody at Sydney's OPT on June 12, 2015. Cruise lines have been known to do this when they aren't ready to reveal which actual ship will be in port. Is it a coincidence that Quantum will start sailing from Shanghai in late June 2015? Perhaps the ship might visit Sydney as part of it's repositioning? If this is the case, they more than likely won't reveal this for a few more weeks. Otherwise, if it's not Quantum, why do RCI have a booking at Sydney's Overseas Passenger Terminal?

I think you've missed what some people are saying. We know that Rhapsody will be in Europe in June 2015. In fact, she's due to sail from Istanbul on the 12th of June, plus she's never normally in Australian waters in June anyway. There is a place holder, under the name of Rhapsody at Sydney's OPT on June 12, 2015. Cruise lines have been known to do this when they aren't ready to reveal which actual ship will be in port. Is it a coincidence that Quantum will start sailing from Shanghai in late June 2015? Perhaps the ship might visit Sydney as part of it's repositioning? If this is the case, they more than likely won't reveal this for a few more weeks. Otherwise, if it's not Quantum, why do RCI have a booking at Sydney's Overseas Passenger Terminal?

It wouldn't make sense that RCI would send Quantum on a repo via Sydney. Sydney is not a port which is not normally on Repo itineraries right? And also the fact that its sailing from NYC, i see no point in Quantum doing a trans pacific repo as there are not many ports of call that can be offered.

These place holders have had no merit at all in the last month. Pretty much every CC'er on this thread have been blown away by the massive changes in deployment the last month, and many of the placeholders have disappeared or changed names from port schedules seemingly on a daily basis in some cases. Just ask those CC'ers who have had booked Anthem, Quantum and Liberty cruises cancelled on them in the last 3 weeks... and those who had Rhapsody Transpacific cancelled on them a few months ago when it was revealed Rhapsody was not coming back to Alaska.

The post I quoted by SpringAussie says that perhaps the Rhapsody is perhaps coming around the Horn in 2015 and coming back to Sydney again after all. SpringAussie seems very knowledgable, so I was very surprised by the post and replies to that post as it's incorrect.

It wouldn't make sense that RCI would send Quantum on a repo via Sydney. Sydney is not a port which is not normally on Repo itineraries right? And also the fact that its sailing from NYC, i see no point in Quantum doing a trans pacific repo as there are not many ports of call that can be offered.
Well, all I know is that this Rhapsody booking at the OPT in June 2015 wasn't listed a couple of weeks ago when I was looking at the schedule. Now it's on there, so which ship is it for? Edited by Royalty X

Slightly off topic, but looks like more Cruise Lines are adding ships to the Far East and Down Under. More supply should be good for those in the area and hopefully result in lower pricing.

Golden Princess to Debut in Melbourne, Princess Expands to 5 Ships in Australia

http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/10983-golden-princess-to-debut-in-melbourne-princess-expands-to-5-ships-in-australia-.html

Edited by Tall-Cruiser

What about New Orleans??? There's nothing listed past April 2015..... Anyone heard anything???

Couple of months ago, Splendour was listed at New Orleans, but she disappeared from the lists - she will sail from Dubai in the winter season 2015/16.

Serenade is due to leave New Orleans after April 2015, and according to rumors, New Orleans will be abandoned after April 2015.

Those following ships do not have any winter deployment:

-Radiance, Explorer, Voyager, Mariner, Quantum - but they all will do Australia/NZ in the 2015/16 season, except for Mariner and Quantum (Asia)

-Legend - not known yet - maybe she is a possible candidate for New Orleans

Couple of months ago, Splendour was listed at New Orleans, but she disappeared from the lists - she will sail from Dubai in the winter season 2015/16.

Serenade is due to leave New Orleans after April 2015, and according to rumors, New Orleans will be abandoned after April 2015.

Those following ships do not have any winter deployment:

-Radiance, Explorer, Voyager, Mariner, Quantum - but they all will do Australia/NZ in the 2015/16 season, except for Mariner and Quantum (Asia)

-Legend - not known yet - maybe she is a possible candidate for New Orleans

Well! Good thing we have the Serenade booked from NOLA in Jan 2015 then! Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by SRV FAN

Just called to book on Liberty for Dec 2015. $4612 for a D2 balcony!

That's about right for the New Years Cruise.

I ended up booking a D2 the Freedom of the Seas out of Port Canaveral for the same week for $3481. Same itinerary (Jamaica/Grand Cayman/Cozumel) PLUS a stop at Labadee. I figured if I'm going to pay five grand, I should get as much as possible. I lose a sea day :( but I've been dying to go to Labadee.

according to rumors, New Orleans will be abandoned after April 2015

I wonder if they're just leaving temporarily until Oasis 3/Quantum 3 come on board. Not that NOLA will get one of them, but perhaps they will get a ship one of those replaces. The new emissions rules means either burning more-expensive low-sulfur fuel, using a Radiance-class turbine-powered ship, or having a ship outfitted with a scrubber for all those hours on the Mississippi, so maybe Royal's just waiting for a suitable ship to be freed up by whatever fall-2016 redeployment shuffling will occur and then sending that ship to NOLA.

I have a hard time believing Royal would abandon NOLA for good.

OK... could well be that RCI looks for a suitable ship for New Orleans.

But Carnival and NCL use diesel-powered ships out of NOLA, and I wonder that RCI would leave NOLA while its two main competitors still are there...

But I do not know which ship could be a possible candidate... :confused:

BTW, another question: Does anyone know whether Jewel will be the only ship doing Panama Canal cruises after April 2015?

I thought Serenade will do it as well (because she replaces Legend), but she is just doing Caribbean out of Fort Lauderdale... :confused:

But Carnival and NCL use diesel-powered ships out of NOLA, and I wonder that RCI would leave NOLA while its two main competitors still are there...

BTW, another question: Does anyone know whether Jewel will be the only ship doing Panama Canal cruises after April 2015?

I thought Serenade will do it as well (because she replaces Legend), but she is just doing Caribbean out of Fort Lauderdale... :confused:

Could very well just be profit driven. Fares out of NOLA tend to be cheaper than Florida.

But Carnival and NCL use diesel-powered ships out of NOLA

NCL's NOLA ship, Dawn, will be getting scrubbers soon. Carnival is supposed to be adding scrubbers to 32 of its ships in the next couple of years. I'd be surprised if Dream and Elation, its two NOLA ships, aren't among them. The additional cost of burning the low-sulfur fuel is high, and using it all those hours on the Mississippi River is something I'm sure the cruise lines want to avoid if at all possible, even if it means leaving NOLA until able to do so.

In the end money talks. If it's not profitable for them (like the west coast) they just leave. After all a cruise line is in the business to make money!