Deployment schedule: let the guessing begin!

Based on the port information from George Town, Grand Cayman I am able to make some predictions for 2016-2017 deployment.

Hi, thank you for your interesting observations, regarding the 2016/17 schedule for Grand Cayman - I have also looked it up.

But you never know how up to date those schedules are - Freedom's calls might be somewhat "old" and not updated, since she is really due to be sailing from San Juan from May 2016. One of the Oasis Class ships should take over her itineraries from Pt. Canaveral - but than without Grand Cayman, sinc eOasis Class ships are not calling at any tender ports..

Just have a look at Anthem's calls - actually, similar to St. Maarten, actually "two" Anthem's are listed - one is calling regularly every two weeks, one is calling more rarely - and for example, Anthem is listed at 13th of Dec, 2016 and 15th of Dec, 2016.

So one of those two ships should be Ovation, I personally think it should be the ship calling at G. Cayman every two weeks.

And Independence cannot be sailing from Cape Liberty, since she is also calling at G. Cayman throughout summer 2016... ;)

So my guesses:

-Ovation: Europe from Southampton; Caribbean from FL beginning winter 2016

-Oasis III: Europe from Barcelona; Caribbean from FL or PC beginning winter 2016; or directly send her over to Caribbean after debut

-Anthem: US East Coast from Cape Liberty, as well as Caribbean

-Allure: staying at FL

-Oasis: switching to PC or Europe

-Independence: from FL, doing Saturday departures of Oasis

-Liberty: year-round from Galveston

-Freedom: switching to San Juan

-Navigator: Europe from Southampton, than Asia

-Jewel: Northern Europe from Harwich or Copenhagen; or Alaska; Caribbean winter from SJU

Edited by celebrity_fan

You think.:D

My money's on Passion.

That is my guess too.

Same here! I really like Passion and Pulse for Oasis 3 and 4. Let's see if they listen to us!

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Thank you... Good to know.

I just took a look at the Portland, Maine schedule. I'm guessing the "RESERVED" is Anthem? I wonder why Grandeur of the Seas is listed for 5/29 and 6/26? That's an odd time for her to be visiting the Canada/New England area..

The RESERVED ship surely will be Anthem otS, since the amount of passengers and crew are really fitting to her...

Wondering that Serenade is listed weekly in Portland, surely she will go on the 7 night runs from Boston.

Wondering which ship will operate between Cape Liberty and Quebec than? :confused:

Most liekly Jewel, I guess...

After reading all of the posts it seems that everyone wants Enchantment to go to Miami. I pose this question early on what would replace Enchantment at PC.

In Terms of Port Canaveral I don't think they wasted their money again like they did with Carnival, I do believe that an Oasis Class will call PC home in the future.

Here are my thoughts of what will happen with Port Canaveral on the new deployment schedule

Freedom stays doing 7 day cruises till replaced by an Oasis Class

Enchantment stays doing 3/4 as these cruises are popular.

If they send Enchantment to Miami which I don't think will happen maybe when Oasis Class comes to take over Freedom runs maybe Freedom will take over Enchantment runs. I just don't see Oasis Class doing the 3/4 day run.

I think the 3/4 day run will come down to what ship replaces Majesty in Miami.

Maybe what everybody wants, is not what Royal Caribbean wants. I personally think that Miami will get a ship that isn't Enchantment.

Maybe what everybody wants, is not what Royal Caribbean wants. I personally think that Miami will get a ship that isn't Enchantment.

I have to admit that I am hoping Enchantment is not the ship that replaces Her Majesty in Miami.

If I were to name the next Oasis Class ship -- it would be "Joy of the Seas". With all the things to do on that class of ship, it provides a lot of JOY.

After reading all of the posts it seems that everyone wants Enchantment to go to Miami. I pose this question early on what would replace Enchantment at PC.

In Terms of Port Canaveral I don't think they wasted their money again like they did with Carnival, I do believe that an Oasis Class will call PC home in the future.

Here are my thoughts of what will happen with Port Canaveral on the new deployment schedule

Freedom stays doing 7 day cruises till replaced by an Oasis Class

Enchantment stays doing 3/4 as these cruises are popular.

If they send Enchantment to Miami which I don't think will happen maybe when Oasis Class comes to take over Freedom runs maybe Freedom will take over Enchantment runs. I just don't see Oasis Class doing the 3/4 day run.

I think the 3/4 day run will come down to what ship replaces Majesty in Miami.

I partly agree.

Soon an Oasis Class ship surely replaces Freedom out of PC, I am pretty sure from May 2016.

Freedom, however, seems to switch to SAN JUAN, starting year-round cruises from there from May 2016!

It appears that Independence is going to sail from FL on Staurdays, beginning May 2016 - so she should replace Oasis - if she leaves Ft. Lauderdale, I either see her swtiching to Port Canaveral or Barcelona, if she REALLY goes to Asia in fall 2016...

What I absolutely do NOT believe is that Freedom or any other larger, newer RCI ship will operate on the short runs year-round, since those ships seem to be more profitable on longer runs, 7 nights and above... so if Enchantment switches to Miami, maybe Adventure takes over the short runs from PC, but I hardly believe that - I rather see the short runs from PC to be dropped down...

I have to admit that I am hoping Enchantment is not the ship that replaces Her Majesty in Miami.

If I were to name the next Oasis Class ship -- it would be "Joy of the Seas". With all the things to do on that class of ship, it provides a lot of JOY.

I'm actually with you on this one. I'd hate to see enchantment leave PC. That extra pool and the island bar are perfect for the party crowd.

Hi, thank you for your interesting observations, regarding the 2016/17 schedule for Grand Cayman - I have also looked it up.

And Independence cannot be sailing from Cape Liberty, since she is also calling at G. Cayman throughout summer 2016... ;)

I think I probably read too much into the port times in Grand Cayman.

When I see a ship change times and day in port at Grand Cayman, it does not need to be a home port move.

When Liberty goes back to the 10:30 time slot it really just indicates a change in the order of the western ports and not necessarily that Liberty is moving to Port Everglades, for instance.

I just saw Indy have a change over to the same time frame as Anthem right at the same time that Anthem leaves Bayonne and the western itineraries, but it may just indicate Bermuda season and not relate to the fact that Anthem is now booked in over 10 ports around Europe for the summer and designated as RCI's 'British' market ship by port agencies.

When I saw Grandeur leave Grand Cayman I thought this could mean full time Bermuda and not re-deployment.

It is really a puzzle and not every small change is maybe as significant as it seems.

I have been having a read through the predictions for the deployment schedule and there are really interesting ideas coming through. I've done my best to read it all but there are so many posts, I started getting a little confused, so please forgive me if this question has already been asked/answered.

I saw that there was conversation surrounding the possible replacement of Jewel in Alaska by Vision. Almost regardless of this, I wondered what your thoughts/predictions might be about the possibility of Pacific Coastal cruises being offered similar to the Jewel itineraries in September/October this year?

Edited by Cruisingthesuitelife

I'm actually with you on this one. I'd hate to see enchantment leave PC. That extra pool and the island bar are perfect for the party crowd.

I do not base my opinion on solely the history of what RCI have done with the 3/4 day cruise market, but the entire industry. They tend to leave the same ships doing these routes for years.

I do not see the need to send Enchantment down the coast, when they have to have a new ship establish herself in this market in Miami anyway.

I can only say what a different experience it was to embark and disembark from Miami with Majesty that has a long 'home port' relationship with agents, customs and the port of Miami than my 'mini-disastrous' experience with Vision for her only 2 and 3 night sailings in November, 2013.

The relationships built over many years have many desirable effects on operations of a cruise ship out of any 'home port'

I do not base my opinion on solely the history of what RCI have done with the 3/4 day cruise market, but the entire industry. They tend to leave the same ships doing these routes for years.

I do not see the need to send Enchantment down the coast, when they have to have a new ship establish herself in this market in Miami anyway.

I can easily agree with the POV about not moving one ship out of its 'home port' where they are already doing 3/4 day itineraries, to replace another. In the scheme of things, Royal has to move 'some ship' out of its place to come down to Miami and replace Her Majesty.

To me, what they need to consider is giving the cruisers for the Miami market a totally different 'ship experience' for that 3/4 day cruiser -- not just bring down a ship that already does a 3/4 route somewhere else.

Time will tell, and I guess the time for guessing will be over in a few weeks.

What I absolutely do NOT believe is that Freedom or any other larger, newer RCI ship will operate on the short runs year-round.

Celebfan, Madflyer, all you guys are doing a great job on this thread! haven't seen SpringAussie post much lately... is he on a cruise? I'm not at all in tune with predictions as much as I was last year (when we all figured out Rhapsody, etc) so I'm enjoying all of these thoughts.

Celebrity_Fan... Indy and Liberty already do 4 and 5 day short runs, so very easily done again imho. But year round in Miami or PC?? Me too, I doubt it.

SpringAussie has mentioned several times and shown some compelling proof of the new terminals and news articles regarding Asian ports, let alone Sydney's new port structure. So often I see Asia missing in the discussion of one of the oasis class ships, which I believe could be true since we'll have Oasis III and Anthem and Ovation in the next year and a half... all these berths just cannot be placed in Florida year round with the two new carnival mega ships, the new NCL mega ships, etc... just doesn't make sense to me. I think 100% one of the Oasis ships will be gone soon form Florida, likely year round.

Miami's a another story. Will they abandon her? Maybe. Celebrity is there anyways. But those runs are cash cows. Huge discussion on this point several months ago on a different thread that likely a Voyager class ship could be the best option based on a ton of criteria (ie. balcony cabins, amenities such as Florider, small enough to tender in Cococay, big enough to provide an excellent sea day if cannot make Cococay due to weather, test run to Key West by Mariner, etc etc). I really like the idea of Navigator out of Miami and see a ton of cruisers book b2b for a 7 day'er, with brand new cruisers to RCL getting the WOW experience to be enticed to re-book again on the bigger ships..

Sounds like many of you have written of Alaska for two Radiance Class ships. Have you seen the pricing this year? Jewel is kicking a$$ compared to the discounts Rhapsody was giving out it's final two years. Radiance is the absolute perfect ship for Alaska, no other class comes close. Can it be possible that Radiance and Jewel stays put on their current schedules?

......Celebrity_Fan... Indy and Liberty already do 4 and 5 day short runs, so very easily done again imho. But year round in Miami or PC?? Me too, I doubt it.......

Miami's a another story. Will they abandon her? Maybe. Celebrity is there anyways. But those runs are cash cows. Huge discussion on this point several months ago on a different thread that likely a Voyager class ship could be the best option based on a ton of criteria (ie. balcony cabins, amenities such as Florider, small enough to tender in Cococay, big enough to provide an excellent sea day if cannot make Cococay due to weather, test run to Key West by Mariner, etc etc). I really like the idea of Navigator out of Miami and see a ton of cruisers book b2b for a 7 day'er, with brand new cruisers to RCL getting the WOW experience to be enticed to re-book again on the bigger ships..

The cash cow that the Miami 3/4 cruise runs are, makes it difficult to imagine Royal eliminating them, even having a Celebrity ship there. The discussion on many threads is the ability of a larger ship with more amenities and features to be able to do Key West. I am not looking to open up that discussion here, but it is a factor that Royal needs to tackle.

Hopefully in a few weeks, the guessing on this will be over.

I just saw Indy have a change over to the same time frame as Anthem right at the same time that Anthem leaves Bayonne and the western itineraries, but it may just indicate Bermuda season and not relate to the fact that Anthem is now booked in over 10 ports around Europe for the summer and designated as RCI's 'British' market ship by port agencies.

When I saw Grandeur leave Grand Cayman I thought this could mean full time Bermuda and not re-deployment.

Yeah, sometimes one overrates the port schedules and every single call! :D

It is common that lines change the order of ports or leave some port out and add another, and the home port remains the same, though...

Yeah, regarding the example of Anthem - it might be that Anthem is just lsted for another ship (e. g. Ovation), just that RCI reserves a stay for a particular ship... ;)

Yeah, of course, Indy could do the short runs from Ft. Lauderdale again in winter 2015/16, but in peak season (summer), Indy (and also other comparable ships) are offering longer cruises... so I think they are no "full-time"-ships for short runs, IMHO...

I wondered what your thoughts/predictions might be about the possibility of Pacific Coastal cruises being offered similar to the Jewel itineraries in September/October this year

Depends on which ship actually moves to Alaska.

I could imagine, if Vision does so, she offers West Coast itineraries in May prior to her Alaska season.

Radiance however, which may going to be replaced by Vision in Austr./NZ, might be relocated to Tampa via Panama Canal.

So I could imagine between her Alaska season, ending in September and prior to her Panama Canal repo, she could do several West Coast itineraries...

The fact that RCI abandons Miami finally after Majesty's retirement could well be, since Celebrity already deploys ships from there.

If Miami would be a well selling port for RCI, than I think they would have already based other ships there, and not just their oldest one, Majesty.

So it could well be that RCI focusses on Ft. Lauderdale (where most cruises start/end), Port Canaveral (expanding capacities ba basing an Oasis Class vessel) and Tampa (Brilliance and Vision, maybe replaced by Radiance).

Edited by celebrity_fan

I am just curious. What about those Sunday calls at Philipsburg, St. Maarten indicate that Freedom might move to San Juan?

I guess if they had it as the first port out of San Juan it would work. That is not traditional for the San Juan sailings though.

While I realize that Philipsburg, St. Maarten is where RCI often refuel ships, the fact that the calls are booked on Sundays does not really fit with current San Juan or PC patterns.

I see now how that does not fit into the current pattern with which they have booked Freedom at Grand Cayman though.

I would like to think it was a place holder for the 3rd Oasis ship, where they would have 2 continue to depart on Sat/Sun and maybe the 3rd move to Wed/Thu departures, but that seems speculative at best.

I am just curious. What about those Sunday calls at Philipsburg, St. Maarten indicate that Freedom might move to San Juan?

I guess if they had it as the first port out of San Juan it would work. That is not traditional for the San Juan sailings though.

While I realize that Philipsburg, St. Maarten is where RCI often refuel ships, the fact that the calls are booked on Sundays does not really fit with current San Juan or PC patterns.

I see now how that does not fit into the current pattern with which they have booked Freedom at Grand Cayman though.

I would like to think it was a place holder for the 3rd Oasis ship, where they would have 2 continue to depart on Sat/Sun and maybe the 3rd move to Wed/Thu departures, but that seems speculative at best.

Of course, Sunday calls at Philipsburg would fit into the San Juan patterns.

Just look up the Adventure otS sailings starting from SJU, from May 2015, for example. She departs on Saturdays, every week, and often calls at St. Maarten on Sundays (for example, the cruise beginning Jun 20, 2015 - calling at St. Maarten the day after SJU).

Why couldn't RCI plan itineraries for Freedom starting from San Juan on Saturdays and calling at. St. Maarten on Sundays, as the first port of the cruise?

I can easily agree with the POV about not moving one ship out of its 'home port' where they are already doing 3/4 day itineraries, to replace another. In the scheme of things, Royal has to move 'some ship' out of its place to come down to Miami and replace Her Majesty.

To me, what they need to consider is giving the cruisers for the Miami market a totally different 'ship experience' for that 3/4 day cruiser -- not just bring down a ship that already does a 3/4 route somewhere else.

Time will tell, and I guess the time for guessing will be over in a few weeks.

I agree, ive said this in other posts, personally Enchantment doesn't do enough to compete against the Sky just my opinion, certainly it could against the Ecstasy. I see Enchatment just a slight improvement over Majesty, but with no Johnny rockets i dont care for it.

I really think Adventure should take over 3/4 days out of Miami. Certainly it needs to get out of San Juan already as it has been rotting away in that port for over 10 years already and the appeal isnt there anymore to fly to SJU to get on her, i rather Jewel.

I agree, ive said this in other posts, personally Enchantment doesn't do enough to compete against the Sky just my opinion, certainly it could against the Ecstasy. I see Enchatment just a slight improvement over Majesty, but with no Johnny rockets i dont care for it.

I really think Adventure should take over 3/4 days out of Miami. Certainly it needs to get out of San Juan already as it has been rotting away in that port for over 10 years already and the appeal isnt there anymore to fly to SJU to get on her, i rather Jewel.

Johnny Rockets or no Johnny Rockets -- isn't going to be much of a factor for me. The only thing I really enjoy from JR is the milkshake.

But a Voyager Class ship would be nice as far as I am concerned. It would be a good WOW experience for the new cruiser who only wants to try a short cruise.

Depends on which ship actually moves to Alaska.

I could imagine, if Vision does so, she offers West Coast itineraries in May prior to her Alaska season.

Radiance however, which may going to be replaced by Vision in Austr./NZ, might be relocated to Tampa via Panama Canal.

So I could imagine between her Alaska season, ending in September and prior to her Panama Canal repo, she could do several West Coast itineraries...

Thanks so much for your thoughts on this. I agree, that it could either ship that is in Alaska that could offer those itineraries. It is something I wanted to do this year but the timings didn't work out. For me, I will keep my fingers crossed for the September sailings. Luckily, I'm not bothered by the ship that does the itinerary.

I seem to remember that the Pacific Coastal for this year were released around the same time as the Alaska itineraries, so I will certainly be keeping my eyes peeled!

Thanks again :)

Edited by Cruisingthesuitelife

Thanks so much for your thoughts on this. I agree, that it could either ship that is in Alaska that could offer those itineraries. It is something I wanted to do this year but the timings didn't work out. For me, I will keep my fingers crossed for the September sailings. Luckily, I'm not bothered by the ship that does the itinerary.

I seem to remember that the Pacific Coastal for this year were released around the same time as the Alaska itineraries, so I will certainly be keeping my eyes peeled!

Thanks again :)

You are welcome... ;)

I am pretty sure that the only remaining possibility are ships doing Alaska... maybe you have the chance to combine a Castal sailing with Alaska, which would make up a great combination!

Otherwise, if you are also open for Celebrity Cruises, have a look at them - they also offer some Coastal sailings in 2016. :)

You are welcome... ;)

I am pretty sure that the only remaining possibility are ships doing Alaska... maybe you have the chance to combine a Castal sailing with Alaska, which would make up a great combination!

Otherwise, if you are also open for Celebrity Cruises, have a look at them - they also offer some Coastal sailings in 2016. :)

I would love to do that but as I am doing Alaska this year, it may be a little bit cost prohibitive :/ Based on this year I'd love to do a B2B; the Vancouver - L.A. and then the L.A roundtrip. For me, with family and friends in San Francisco, the opportunity to spend a lot of time there would be great. Funnily enough, I was looking at the Celebrity itineraries this morning and was overall quite impressed but know very little about them.

I have other options including transatlantics, Canada/North East and Southern Caribbean, so I am very eagerly awaiting the schedules to be released!!

I don't know why I keep thinking that Adventure will replace Majesty. Not only can she do some Bahamas runs, but also a 4 day cruise to Labadee or Key West & Cozumel.

While I would like to think that Miami could support a ship of that size, port bookings seem to indicate that Adventure might be Southampton based at least for summer 2016.

Adventure is currently booked at Gibraltar, Cannes and Villefranche, France, Copenhagen, DK, Funchal Madeira, Portugal, Cagliari, Italy, Barcelona, Valencia, Cartagena, Palma de Mallorca, Malaga and La Coruna, Spain, and Tenerife, Canary Islands, Spain from May to October 2016.

That is an awful lot of bookings to not be showing a trend and that is a lot of work to change them all to another ship for all the agents and ports involved.

While I would like to think that Miami could support a ship of that size, port bookings seem to indicate that Adventure might be Southampton based at least for summer 2016.

Adventure is currently booked at Gibraltar, Cannes and Villefranche, France, Copenhagen, DK, Funchal Madeira, Portugal, Cagliari, Italy, Barcelona, Valencia, Cartagena, Palma de Mallorca, Malaga and La Coruna, Spain, and Tenerife, Canary Islands, Spain from May to October 2016.

That is an awful lot of bookings to not be showing a trend and that is a lot of work to change them all to another ship for all the agents and ports involved.

Yeah, in fact Adventure is booked for several European ports - but same was the case for 2015, and than shortly she was substituted by Explorer...

Same could happen next year, that she shortly might be swapped with Navigator, which appears to be redeployed to Asia in late 2016 - if one can believe Singapores' cruise schedule... ;)