Deployment schedule: let the guessing begin!

Have the rhapsody Black Sea sailings been added yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Yes...

3 x Black Sea from June 1st, then repo to Rme for Greek isles itineraries..

S and P

Edited by Big Kev

Thank you for your info on ship deployments. We are most interested in the Australian deployments.

Rhapsody leaves us end Apr 14 for repo to Dubai/middle east and we are booked on stage 2 of that journey. You say that Legend will be repositioning to Australia/Asia which would be the logical replacement for the beautiful Rhapsody.

I have lots of questions. Do you know when she will be deployed to Australia? She seems to be doing Panama beginning 2015, will she then sail to China or Singapore via ?? Will she be going for refit in Singapore prior to Australia Oct 2015? Would she then do Australia/Hawaii/Alaska in 2016 as per Rhapsody's current deployments?

Same for Explorer. When does she arrive in Australia and from where?

Hugh

Hugh I want to know those answers also but the supplier of the info has said they cannot pass it on. Lets be grateful of what we have been given.

Thanks to the supplier also

Hugh I want to know those answers also but the supplier of the info has said they cannot pass it on. Lets be grateful of what we have been given.

Thanks to the supplier also

I am fully aware that the poster cannot supply itinerary, that was not my intention nor was that my question.

What we can fairly well determine is that we will most likely get Explorer (probably after refit in 2015), Radiance will be back, Mariner may visit from time to time and hopefully Legend will be based here for our summer from around Oct 2015. I think she had a refit in 2013 but was wondering if she is being extended.

I think the mystery has been solved just have to wait patiently for the calendar to be updated.

Hugh

Still waiting on eastern med in June 2015 other than the vision class? Wonder if they will have that???

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have been looking at this too. In 2014 there are three ships based in the med - (freedom class, radiance class and vision class). I think that in 2015 it will be Allure and two vision class with serenade up in the Baltic. Those vision class cruises are good value though. Are they so very much inferior?

I don't think that there is going to be anything other than vision class doing the Eastern Med. Vision is still to be deployed, Brilliance and Serenade will do Northern Europe and Anthem and Adventure won't have time to get to from Southampton to the eastern med and back again.

Radiance will be back, Mariner may visit from time to time and hopefully Legend will be based here for our summer from around Oct 2015. Hugh

Does anyone know what ship Royal has booked under the name of Legend of the Seas 3,15 and 27 November 2015 in Rome now that Legend is coming down under?

http://www.port-of-rome.org/en/content/ship-arrivals-and-departures

Legend also appears 13/05/05 for interest sake in Rome.

Does anyone know what ship Royal has booked under the name of Legend of the Seas 3,15 and 27 November 2015 in Rome now that Legend is coming down under?

Nov 27 looks more like a date for a TA crossing.

I have been looking at this too. In 2014 there are three ships based in the med - (freedom class, radiance class and vision class). I think that in 2015 it will be Allure and two vision class with serenade up in the Baltic. Those vision class cruises are good value though. Are they so very much inferior?

I have read a lot of bad reviews on the Splendour. Have you been on this ship?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I'm hoping Explorer will go through the Suez Canal. Which ports do you think will be on the itinerary? Going by some of our recent TA's and the Mariner relocation, I'll say a port in the Caribbean, maybe Tenerife, Gibraltar and Barcelona.

I'd love to go back to Egypt but I think the current unrest will prevent that, so maybe ports in Italy or Greece? Again Istanbul is another place I'd love to revisit but I'm guessing it a little out of the way for a relocation. How about Dubai? India?

Please share your thoughts. I can't wait for this itinerary to be released!

Jo

I'd love to go back to Egypt but I think the current unrest will prevent that, so maybe ports in Italy or Greece? Again Istanbul is another place I'd love to revisit but I'm guessing it a little out of the way for a relocation. How about Dubai? India?

Please share your thoughts. I can't wait for this itinerary to be released!

Jo

Hopefully most of these.

Muscat, Oman; Salalah, Oman; Aqaba, Jordan; Ashdod, Israel; Haifa, Israel; Limassol, Cyprus; Istanbul, Turkey.

BUT

Via Cape Horn would be better.

Goa and Cochin India.

Hopefully most of these.

Muscat, Oman; Salalah, Oman; Aqaba, Jordan; Ashdod, Israel; Haifa, Israel; Limassol, Cyprus; Istanbul, Turkey.

BUT

Via Cape Horn would be better.

Goa and Cochin India.

We just did the West coast of South America and I would be happy to go around the horn but would much prefer the Med, Suez Canal route.

I like your suggestions. Petra (Aqaba) would be a popular stop. Apart from this port and Cypress and Turkey, how many of these ports has RCI stopped at before? Mariner stopped in Goa and Cochin last year if I remember correctly.

J

We just did the West coast of South America and I would be happy to go around the horn but would much prefer the Med, Suez Canal route.

I like your suggestions. Petra (Aqaba) would be a popular stop. Apart from this port and Cypress and Turkey, how many of these ports has RCI stopped at before? Mariner stopped in Goa and Cochin last year if I remember correctly.

J

They are stops on Rhapsody 2015 relocation I have just changed Rhodes to Aqaba.

Petra is an amazing place.

Mariner and Voyager stopped in Cochin and Goa.

Most of the Indians who work on Royal are from Goa area.

They are stops on Rhapsody 2015 relocation I have just changed Rhodes to Aqaba.

Petra is an amazing place. Totally amazing. It took my breath away when I got the first peek of the treasury through the Siq.

Mariner and Voyager stopped in Cochin and Goa.

Most of the Indians who work on Royal are from Goa area.

We disembarked in Dubai so I'd be up for stops in India and a side trip to the Taj Mahal.

J

I have read a lot of bad reviews on the Splendour. Have you been on this ship?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

No - I have only been on Serenade of the Seas. We had a great time and I loved the glass elevators and outside windjammer seating that I read on here are unique to the Radiance class. Also enjoyed all the activities and speciality dining that came with the upgrade which I think the vision class ships have had too.

I did think to myself that she was quite big enough and didn't feel the need for an ice rink, royal promenade or a flow rider.

Looking at the vision class deck plans, stats and reviews I wonder if they would feel more crowded and not quite have as much to do. Are there people who say that Vision Class is their favourite like there are people that say that about the other classes of ship?

I am looking at 2015 in Europe. I don't fancy Allure (too big although perhaps it would be fun but also the itinery is too similar to what I have done before). Ideally I would love to go on Anthem - but I fear she will be excruciatingly expensive as she doesn't seem to have Family Ocean View rooms and there are five of us. Adventure does not seem to have been properly upgraded yet (although I am sure that is not quite the end of the world as my youngest will be old enough for Adventure Ocean). And I think the children are a bit young to appreciate the Fjords or Russia. So just wondering if Splendour or Rhapsody would be ok or if we would be disappointed with them.

My understanding was not legend replacing rhapsody but the mariner or explorer and voyager/ radiance both staying

Should know in a couple of months for sure when those bookings open

All I know is the Black Sea itinerary for rhapsody is pretty good and just got my invoice today for the booking with final discounts added

Cheers

Greg:)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Most probably the repositioning of Explorer will be done in 3 legs. I'm keeping an eye on when it goes for sale, because I'm interested in especially the 2nd & 3rd leg. Also I hope she will move to Asia after her extensive dry dock, so no work has to be done during the sailings.

Thank you for your info on ship deployments. We are most interested in the Australian deployments.

Rhapsody leaves us end Apr 14 for repo to Dubai/middle east and we are booked on stage 2 of that journey. You say that Legend will be repositioning to Australia/Asia which would be the logical replacement for the beautiful Rhapsody.

I have lots of questions. Do you know when she will be deployed to Australia? She seems to be doing Panama beginning 2015, will she then sail to China or Singapore via ?? Will she be going for refit in Singapore prior to Australia Oct 2015? Would she then do Australia/Hawaii/Alaska in 2016 as per Rhapsody's current deployments?

Same for Explorer. When does she arrive in Australia and from where?

Hugh

RHAPSODY is leaving Australia/NZ in April 2015! ;)

LEGEND seems to come to Australia and Asia, as well as EXPLORER.

There are those following options IMHO:

-EXPLORER repositioning to Asia/Australia via Transatlantic, Europe and Suez Canal (as for MARINER in 2013)

-LEGEND:

1) Westbound Panama 29 Apr 15 to West Coast, repo to Australia/Asia via Hawaii/South Pacific Ocean

2) Transatlantic to Europe, repo to Australia/Asia via Europe and Suez

There are no actual itineraries and dates yet.

Edited by celebrity_fan

It will be Rhapsody swinging back and forth to Rome. at least that is info I received when I asked RCCL

We are booked Singapore to Dubai on Rhapsody's repo, From Dubai it goes on to Istanbul - with some time there - then eventually gets to Rome.

No - I have only been on Serenade of the Seas. We had a great time and I loved the glass elevators and outside windjammer seating that I read on here are unique to the Radiance class. Also enjoyed all the activities and speciality dining that came with the upgrade which I think the vision class ships have had too.

I did think to myself that she was quite big enough and didn't feel the need for an ice rink, royal promenade or a flow rider.

Looking at the vision class deck plans, stats and reviews I wonder if they would feel more crowded and not quite have as much to do. Are there people who say that Vision Class is their favourite like there are people that say that about the other classes of ship?

I am looking at 2015 in Europe. I don't fancy Allure (too big although perhaps it would be fun but also the itinery is too similar to what I have done before). Ideally I would love to go on Anthem - but I fear she will be excruciatingly expensive as she doesn't seem to have Family Ocean View rooms and there are five of us. Adventure does not seem to have been properly upgraded yet (although I am sure that is not quite the end of the world as my youngest will be old enough for Adventure Ocean). And I think the children are a bit young to appreciate the Fjords or Russia. So just wondering if Splendour or Rhapsody would be ok or if we would be disappointed with them.

As you say, everyone has their own opinion of the ships, however as a family, Splendour is our least favourite ship. Radiance is one of our favourite classes :). Saying that, we thought that we'd find Oasis too large - how wrong we were ;). Vision class ships have put us off some of the new Med itineraries - shame as there are a few new exciting ports :(. Btw, the Baltic and Norwegian itineraries are super ;).

It will be Rhapsody swinging back and forth to Rome. at least that is info I received when I asked RCCL

We are booked Singapore to Dubai on Rhapsody's repo' date=' From Dubai it goes on to Istanbul - with some time there - then eventually gets to Rome.[/quote']

Rhapsodys last call at Rome is Nov 8th and she sets off on her transatlantic on nov 19th from Barcelona so those dates cannot be for Rhapsody.

We are booked Singapore to Dubai on Rhapsody's repo' date=' From Dubai it goes on to Istanbul - with some time there - then eventually gets to Rome.[/quote']

We are also booked on the Rhapsody Singapore to Dubai May 3rd 2015 we are planning to fly to Delphi and to visit the Taj Mahal before returning home.

Rhapsody goes on to Istanbul then two Black Sea cruises. Mostly visiting the Ukraine..

At first it was planned by RCI to deploy LEGEND on the 12-night-cruises form Barcelona, but RCI has changed plans and now deplosy VISION on these sailings from Barcelona.

Those calls for LEGEND might appear because those calls are not updated/deleted yet. Or will be replaced by VISION some day...