Deployment schedule: let the guessing begin!

Me too! They were supposed to announce last week or this week and this week is almost over. :(

Yeah I know. I think last week, they did it on Thursday. Can't remember. Maybe today . Anthem is suppose to open too .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by CRUISEBOY305

Just listened to Adam Goldsteins Google Hangout, he was asked about the Spring 2015 schedule for Quantum, and when that might be released, if he could say if it would visit Bermuda or not. His answer was that it would be a matter of weeks, not days, before they would be released schedules for several "key" ships.

Just listened to Adam Goldsteins Google Hangout, he was asked about the Spring 2015 schedule for Quantum, and when that might be released, if he could say if it would visit Bermuda or not. His answer was that it would be a matter of weeks, not days, before they would be released schedules for several "key" ships.

Very typical of the RCCL, post a schedule for release dates and not stick to it. I have yet to remember a year that they actually adhered to their own schedule.

Me too! They were supposed to announce last week or this week and this week is almost over. :(

UGH, I know this sucks. I'm waiting on SJ also and short Caribbean cruises. I suspect Indy will be taking over Liberty's short 4 and 5 day cruises. Wanna do a Thanksgiving cruise again. :mad:

i saw that. Hey kinda didn't really say yay or nay on Bermuda. he didn't really answer the question.

well so far this has been the only thing released this week.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2015_2016/14037965_Grandeur_Winter_Caribbean_Deployment_Flyer.pdf

however, I just noticed on the deployment schedule that this week it states 'Week of March 24-28' Summer and Winter Caribbean plus more Europe will be released.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2015_2016/14037156_Deployment_Opening_Flyer_FINAL3.pdf

Maybe today???

Fingers cross. Happy Friday !

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2015_2016/14037965_Grandeur_Winter_Caribbean_Deployment_Flyer.pdf

however, I just noticed on the deployment schedule that this week it states 'Week of March 24-28' Summer and Winter Caribbean plus more Europe will be released.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2015_2016/14037156_Deployment_Opening_Flyer_FINAL3.pdf

Maybe today???

As in years past RCCL does a terrible job at deployment releases. Perhaps they should do what Disney does and just say, tomorrow we are releasing schedules. This way they stop disappointing and maybe people won't sail another line instead. I recall a lot of that last year when RCCL delayed the Alaska releases and people just booked NCL and Princess instead.

As in years past RCCL does a terrible job at deployment releases. Perhaps they should do what Disney does and just say, tomorrow we are releasing schedules. This way they stop disappointing and maybe people won't sail another line instead. I recall a lot of that last year when RCCL delayed the Alaska releases and people just booked NCL and Princess instead.

Yes you're right. Last year i was only booking canada/NE with royal for this year, and those were among the first released. I went through the same thing 2 years ago with celebrity when I booked my New Zealand cruise. Ugh.

For all of those 'whinging' about the timely deployment of sailings for 2015-16, I would just note that it is much better they get everything right the first time, because a re-deployment is not fun.

Vision was re-deployed about a year ago now, when it was decided she would not return to Europe and I had a JS booked. First they just made it N/A for about two months with no information. Then an email arrives that your cruise has been cancelled and you have 14 days to tell them if you want to be on the new offered sailing or re-book on another sailing.

Those not re-booking are only refunded all monies paid and your cruise is cancelled. The letter you get says that you get $100 standard or $200 suite (Not JS) OBC for your trouble. No other compensation is given. I even tried to change to a 'real' suite after the deadline and was denied the suite OBC.

Any change or cancelation fees you might face are your own responsibility.

For all of those 'whinging' about the timely deployment of sailings for 2015-16, I would just note that it is much better they get everything right the first time, because a re-deployment is not fun.

Vision was re-deployed about a year ago now, when it was decided she would not return to Europe and I had a JS booked. First they just made it N/A for about two months with no information. Then an email arrives that your cruise has been cancelled and you have 14 days to tell them if you want to be on the new offered sailing or re-book on another sailing.

Those not re-booking are only refunded all monies paid and your cruise is cancelled. The letter you get says that you get $100 standard or $200 suite (Not JS) OBC for your trouble. No other compensation is given. I even tried to change to a 'real' suite after the deadline and was denied the suite OBC.

Well you should've expected "whinging" when you started this thread.

It is not even April 1, 2014 and people are complaining that the 2015-2016 deployment schedules aren't out yet. I can't plan my vacation life that far out.....there is plenty of time to schedule cruises for 2015 and 2016.....RCCL will put out their schedule when it is fully finished and not before....and people will then have lots to complain about, because they will want a different ship on a different cruise route anyway.

It is not even April 1, 2014 and people are complaining that the 2015-2016 deployment schedules aren't out yet. I can't plan my vacation life that far out.....there is plenty of time to schedule cruises for 2015 and 2016.....RCCL will put out their schedule when it is fully finished and not before....and people will then have lots to complain about, because they will want a different ship on a different cruise route anyway.

This thread was started in relation to possible 2015-2016 deployment. Everyone that has participated has expressed concerns, shared information etc. yes there is excitement and yes there's going to be frustration. The name of this website is called "Cruise Critic" if you don't like what's being discussed , do us all a big favor and hit the "unsubscribe" link. THANKS

cheers!

We have a number of friends who due to their particular work environment, have to request vacation timing a year in advance to accommodate multiple people wanting the same time off. It's not unusual for our medical profession friends to have to request by the end of this April, any time that they want to guarantee will be available for the summer of 2015. I don't think the are being impatient. They probably envy you that you can't plan your vacation that far in advance, because they have too or risk taking what days or weeks are left.

Maybe today???

Happy Friday!!! We made it!!! And I'm hoping for some news today too.

As for the other posters:

I realize not everyone is the obsessive planner I am. I booked my last cruise in May of 2012 (the week the itinerary was released) for my cruise in March of 2014. Yup, nearly 2 years in advance. (And yes, I realize that means that in 2012, we had to wait until MAY to learn the San Juan itineraries!)

I used to cruise annually, but due to the economic downturn, I can really only do it every couple of years now. I just got off a ship and have no other cruises booked. It's a depressing state for a cruise addict.

If I knew the itineraries for early 2016, I could at least start planning....then booking...then dreaming of the cruise to come.

That always makes the time on land a little easier to deal with. ;)

YOU may not be able to plan that far out, but I certainly can, and so can many others on this site. The complaint is about Royal releasing a deployment schedule and then not sticking to it. AGAIN. It's happened year after year. If you're happy with the current schedules released, good for you.

Ditto. My DW is in the same position. She has to nominate her leave almost 2 years ahead. That is why we are keen to know about the deployment schedules a long way out - the itineraries dont matter that much on a repositioning which is what we are looking at.

We have a number of friends who due to their particular work environment, have to request vacation timing a year in advance to accommodate multiple people wanting the same time off. It's not unusual for our medical profession friends to have to request by the end of this April, any time that they want to guarantee will be available for the summer of 2015. I don't think the are being impatient. They probably envy you that you can't plan your vacation that far in advance, because they have too or risk taking what days or weeks are left.

I have to coordinate my vacation time with my co-worker because we both can't be out at the same time. So yes that requires planning. Not only that though, booking early gives you the benefit of pretty much getting the cabin you want and you're guaranteed the lowest cruise fare between the time you book and final payment due date.

Happy Friday!!! We made it!!! And I'm hoping for some news today too.

As for the other posters:

I realize not everyone is the obsessive planner I am. I booked my last cruise in May of 2012 (the week the itinerary was released) for my cruise in March of 2014. Yup, nearly 2 years in advance. (And yes, I realize that means that in 2012, we had to wait until MAY to learn the San Juan itineraries!)

I used to cruise annually, but due to the economic downturn, I can really only do it every couple of years now. I just got off a ship and have no other cruises booked. It's a depressing state for a cruise addict.

If I knew the itineraries for early 2016, I could at least start planning....then booking...then dreaming of the cruise to come.

That always makes the time on land a little easier to deal with. ;)

I always book early. you're not alone. :)

One of our last cruises was booked 5 days before the sailing, and normally we book one month or two before the sailings.

But this year we are interested in Europe Cruises for September 2015 and we need to know the schedule now because some of the family members that will travel with us must know in advance the schedule, not to book but to decide about several personal and professional things... Everybody have his own reason to act in a certain way...;)

This thread was started in relation to possible 2015-2016 deployment. Everyone that has participated has expressed concerns, shared information etc. yes there is excitement and yes there's going to be frustration. The name of this website is called "Cruise Critic" if you don't like what's being discussed , do us all a big favor and hit the "unsubscribe" link. THANKS

cheers!

I love the speculating as to what ship may be where at what point in the future....but people shouldn't be angry that the deployment doesn't exactly come out on schedule....most of the near future is OUT.

I fully understand scheduling....my DH has to coordinate with other co-workers in his company their vacations -- ALL companies are doing with smaller staffs and coverage at work is important.

I just believe some peoples expectations are unrealistic.

Adam Goldstein talks about the deployment in weeks not months or days. Weeks.

Watch and listen from 13.10 for approx 2 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDQOLrbxuBM

Sounds like Adam reads this thread.

Hi Adam!

HAHA...lol. Hi Adam! Yes I know, i watched yesterday. One of the online questions asked yesterday was from a friend of mine. She asked about how the gratuities will work with the Dynamic Dining. He may have been referring to Quantum and Anthem sailing.