Deployment schedule: let the guessing begin!

Breaking News, read on USA today!!

Quantum will be sent to China from May 2015, sailing out of Shanghai!

Liberty will sail from Cape Liberty between May and Nov to offer Bermuda and Canada/New England cruises.

Anthem will sail from Cape Liberty from winter 2015!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Ok so now for sure oasis 3 will go to asia aslo !!!

Breaking News, read on USA today!!

Quantum will be sent to China from May 2015, sailing out of Shanghai!

Liberty will sail from Cape Liberty between May and Nov to offer Bermuda and Canada/New England cruises.

Anthem will sail from Cape Liberty from winter 2015!

Oh!

Damn.

I was heading to Oz for 2016..... hmmm.... price will be the key for me now....

Well I guess now we know what the hold up was. I don't think any of us saw this coming.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

This had to be a very very last minute because liberty going to Galveston was practically concrete

I assume that this change was prompted by the Bermuda authorities not being able to put together a plan to dredge the channel for Quantum. This way they can have a Freedom-class ship doing the Bermuda runs during the summer and then swap it out for a Quantum-class ship again once the weather gets cooler. I assume that Liberty will go to Galveston in November 2015 to fulfill the contractual obligations there.

I wonder what will happen with the Anthem TA. Will they completely redo the itinerary or do a second repo from Florida to New York?

Edited by ahecht

Quantum of the Seas will debut in November 2014, and will spend its inaugural season sailing from Cape Liberty in Bayonne, N.J., before repositioning to China in May 2015. Beginning late June 2015, the ship will sail three- to eight-night itineraries year-round from Shanghai to Japan and Korea. Liberty of the Seas will then arrive to Cape Liberty to sail to Bermuda, the Caribbean, and Canada and New England for the 2015 summer and autumn seasons. The Freedom-class ship will be the company's newest and largest ship to offer cruises to Bermuda from the New York-metropolitan area. Finally, Quantum of the Seas' sister ship, Anthem of the Seas, which launches in April 2015, will complete her inaugural Europe season from London (Southampton), U.K., before arriving to Cape Liberty in November 2015 to continue Quantum-class cruising to the Bahamas and Caribbean for the winter 2015-16 season.

Very interesting news indeed.

I hope the Chinese like Mamma Mia :D

They do....

Several experts declared that foreign musical theatre had been heavily embraced in China. Mamma Mia! which opened at the Shanghai Grand Theatre in July 2011 was the trailblazer. It has now toured to 17 cities across China and been seen by more than 300,000 people.

David Lightbody, executive producer of Mamma Mia! in China, said despite fears of a culture clash “the response has been unbelievable”.

I wonder what they're going to put in Florida now to replace Indy and anthem cruises. Maybe legend ?

Since Navigator was rumored to go to China in Nov 2015 I would bet that in Nov 2015,

Liberty to Galveston

And

Navigator to FLL to do The 6/8 night itineraries that Indy was doing.

Interesting that they state she will sail 'year-round' from Shanghai.

They make no mention of Royal Caribbean's major investment in a new 3 ship terminal in Malaysia.

http://www.travelweekly.com/Cruise-Travel/Royal-Caribbean-a-partner-in-Malaysia-project/?a=cruise

Might indicate more future deployment to the region.