Belize ShoreEx - Which best to see nature?

DaisyRose

Hello,

We will be in Belize late March on the Equinox, and are trying to decide between the Wildlife Adventure Tour or Airboat Adventure and Belize City Tour. Our primary interest is to see some nature and wildlife, especially birds, but we would be happy to see any local wildlife. Both tours state the possibility of seeing some wildlife. Has anyone taken either of these tours, and if so, could you tell me what wildlife you may have seen? Thanks in advance.

We did a day at the ruins, which included a trip up a river on a boat. It was slow on the way there and we saw bats, several types of exotic birds, and alligators. At the ruins we saw monkeys and more birds. It was a wonderful trip, which included an excellent local lunch.

On the way back we saw more wildlife but we were going quite fast, so no photographs.

Possibly the best tour we have ever taken and one we were glad to do through the cruise line- we were really close to boarding time when we got back.

We drove through the city on the way back and it looked pretty run down. I wouldn't book a tour that spends too much time there if you want to see wildlife.

Enjoy!

suggest Lamanai mayan ruins which is a bus to a relatively long speed boat ride on the river to get to the ruins. As others have said, take the tour from the ship....don't book privately. it's a long day and there is a real risk of missing the ship if you aren't on a ship tour.

for wildlife, visit the sloth preserve or jaguar rescue center in costa rica

Edited by ghstudio

You should consider doing cave-tubing in Belize

Wasn't it Belize where a woman drowned in a cave on a cruise excursion ?

When in Belize, we took a beach break which was nice, but recently learned that the beach has been sold to a private investor - seen on Island Hunters HGTV. Recent reviews of the island retreat are not good.

I am interested in what other options we have when going back next year. Lamani sounds like it might be a winner. my husband wants to go Zip Lining. I say "no way!" :eek: