Help, cabin selection on Adventure

I'm trying to book a balcony cabin on the Adventure of the Seas and see there is a curve in the ship, how important is it to be forward of the curve? Does it block your view if you are aft of the curve?

What you are referring to is called the hump. If you are forward of the center of the hump it does block some of the line of sight toward the aft of the ship. And if you are aft of the center of the hump there is some loss of vision toward the front of the ship.

I'm trying to book a balcony cabin on the Adventure of the Seas and see there is a curve in the ship, how important is it to be forward of the curve? Does it block your view if you are aft of the curve?

Being right in the middle of the curve (called "hump" here on Cruise Critic) is one of the more popular locations. However, if you are aft of the hump, it does not obstruct the view very much.

I would try to get a balcony on decks 7, 8, or 9. Deck 6 has an all steel balcony wall, whereas the other decks are half steel, half plexiglass. Deck 10 is right under the pool deck, so there's more potential for noise from above.

Edited by clarea

Most people want to be ON the curve (hump):) If you're behind, or in front, or on the hump, doesn't make much difference. You're still pretty much looking up and down the length of the ship and out to the side. Being in front of the hump doesn't really mean you have a view of what's in front of the ship.

Is the hump bothersome?

No, it's a very convenient place to have your stateroom. Very near the stair/elevator lobby, but little noise from there. The middle of the hump has a more dramatic view from the balcony because you are extended from the main part of the ship's hull.

Edited by clarea

Thanks to all! We booked 8320 right on the hump. Wished for a D category instead of E for more room but should be okay. :D

You won't regret it. I could be wrong, but I believe a D cabin has a few more square feet than an E. Either way they're close enough to the same size you wouldn't know the difference.

Edited by bouhunter