Good or not

Daytonasailor

Got an offer for 5/16 cruise on solstice with excursion credit, tips paid, two special dinners to first 50 customers and free drinks. I sent email to celebrity to clarify drinks. Does that mean coke, water, or booze? Anyone know? If it's booze I think ill book. Offer only good for 72 hours so if anyone knows please respond asap. Thanks

How would anyone here know what this offer entails? I mean, if it's through a travel agency, that you're not allowed to mention here, you have to call the agency and see what it's all about. Only the agency can answer your questions as to what all these perks mean. If it's through Celebrity, and I rather doubt this offer is directly through the cruise line because I've never heard of X offering such a huge package, then you have to call Celebrity and get the specifics.

Edited by kitty9

The free drinks are probably part of the 123Go package that Celebrity is now offering. It includes alcoholic drinks, beer and wine, espresso based coffees, specialty teas and soft drinks including juices. You can find a detailed list on the Celebrity website. If you prefer top shelf liquors and martinis, then you can upgrade to Premium package for about $11.00 per day per person.

Well kitty9, I was going to thank you for your quick response, but due to your reply, I won't. I have never cruised celebrity before and if you are an example of the cruisers onboard, I won't.

Please don't let one reply deter you from sailing with Celebrity! Sometimes responses sound harsh, but in reality they are not meant that way. We Celebrity cruises are actually very nice people! I'm sure others will chime in here with more information and reassurances.

I didn't mean anything rude or nasty with my response. All I meant was that it's impossible to tell you what your offer means without any more information. People get all kinds of offers for perks on cruises, and without knowing the specifics, such as where the offer came from, it's difficult to know how to answer your question.

If my response insulted you, I truly apologize. I didn't mean to come off that way, but one must realize when posting on any kind of public forum, it's impossible to convey emotions or intent. Again, I'm sorry you took my post in the wrong way.

I would think that this is being offered by a particular travel agent and they are including Celebrity's 123 offer in there along with their own perks. The 123 promo is good until February 28, so I don't think it's Celebrity putting that time limit on. You should probably clarify with the travel agent. But if you are just asking about the beverage package, it is what Celeb calls the "classic" (as opposed to premium) package and it includes mixed drinks, wines and beers up to $8.00. The premium package includes more expensive wines and top shelf liquor and you can pay to upgrade.

I received the same offer from an on line TA and it does sound a very good deal. I have never booked a 'cruise' through them so I would 'advise' you to do a web search for reviews of their service and read their terms and conditions re - fees and cancellations. If still interested do a dummy booking then call and ask them all the questions you can think of before booking. Have them email you with a synopsis of pertinent info. 'Organise' your collected info, review then book.

Hope that helps.

Cheers, h.