Oasis in late October or early november

erfarb

I am planning to book my next cruise with the Oasis(To the caribbean, Western or Eastern) in late October or Early November. Can you tell me what the weather is like this time of year in the caribbean? Are the prices better this time of year ? If I book this sailing on my upcoming oasis cruise in May, can I then transfer the reservation to a travel agent? If Royal Caribbean offers me an onboard ship credit and I then transfer that reservation to a travel agent at a later date, do I recieve both credits? Thanks in advance for all the advice.

I am planning to book my next cruise with the Oasis(To the caribbean, Western or Eastern) in late October or Early November. Can you tell me what the weather is like this time of year in the caribbean? Are the prices better this time of year ? If I book this sailing on my upcoming oasis cruise in May, can I then transfer the reservation to a travel agent? If Royal Caribbean offers me an onboard ship credit and I then transfer that reservation to a travel agent at a later date, do I recieve both credits? Thanks in advance for all the advice.

We recently sailed Oasis (eastern caribbean) in October and had wonderful weather..We got a great deal on our cruise (May booking date) and the reason we opted for this timeframe. Yes you can transfer your booking to the TA of your choice (within a limited # of days 30 or 60 can't remember) or just purchase a NCC (open booking certificate) getting the same OBC and wait until you get home to book..sometimes easier..and yes you can combine the perks with those a TA might offer you. Also remember you can purchase a NCC onboard with just $100.00 deposit then when you're ready to book you can just add the $100.00 deposit for the other passenger.

Edited by Ashland

Temps in the Caribbean that time of year will probably be in the high 70's to low 80's. If you book onboard, you have 60 days to transfer the booking to a travel agent. The onbiard credit you get from Royal will also transfer.

Edited by clarea

The sun does set earlier in November so consider that fact if you like sitting by the pool. It might not be a lot less, but 15 minutes a day does add up. We noticed that it was dark last November by around 5:15 pm or so. Something to consider with November over October.

The sun does set earlier in November so consider that fact if you like sitting by the pool. It might not be a lot less, but 15 minutes a day does add up. We noticed that it was dark last November by around 5:15 pm or so. Something to consider with November over October.

Were you on the Western or Eastern? This is something that never crossed my mind ,hmmmm? Not sure I want to cruise if the sun sets at 5:15.

Were you on the Western or Eastern? This is something that never crossed my mind ,hmmmm? Not sure I want to cruise if the sun sets at 5:15.

We've cruised at the end of October on Allure the past few years. We prefer to cruise in the colder months (love being hot when everyone at home is snowed in!), but the October sailings have worked better for us recently. The weather is hot, the fares are less, and the kids are minimal.

Regarding daylight, the eastern vs. western will be roughly the same. Length of day is a function of date/latitude. The east/west sailings are similar latitudes. You can go online and find the sunrise/sunset times for areas you'll be sailing on certain dates. Also, remember the cruise stays on "ship time", which means you do not adjust your clocks while changing time zones. So, while the length of day remains unchanged, the sunrise/sunset time on the ship may differ from local time in the ports.