Closest Beach to Dockyard that is kid friendly

smile1234

Hello

I have been to Bermuda a few time and always hit Horseshoe Bay....besides the snorkle park beach at the dockyard what would be the closest beach for a 2 yr and 8 yr old. The 2yr old will not last in a long car ride. I prefer somehting with a rest room / changing facility. If u can provide an estimate of how long it take to get to it that would be helpful.

Thanks

i went with my 2, 5 and 7 year oold last year... we walked over to snorkel park twice the kids loved it, has food facilities music playing... its not eh pictueresque beach youd envision but gets the job done... we also brought them all to Horseshoe the next day for a few hours and they loved that too

Thanks....so nothing has changed... i suppose i will be doing that again..LOL

There have been some changes made to Black Bay Beach which is quite close to Dockyard.

http://blackbaybermuda.com/index.html

There is now a concession stand that rents umbrellas, chairs, and snorkel masks as well as snacks and cold drinks. Like many of the smaller beaches, it has only a porta potty. Changing rooms and real restrooms are at a premium at any beaches in Bermuda. They seem to be trying to develop Black Bay more so maybe there will be more improvements and things available for the upcoming season.

You could always give Black Bay a look see and if you don't like it, continue on to Horseshoe Bay.

• 1 month later...

Any advantages of one over the other? We really want to cruise the Dawn as we have not had an opportunity to sail her before and because it's a smaller ship compared to larger ships which we really don't care for.

Search is down and I can't pull anything up using google.

Secondly we have no choice other the last cruise end of Oct what will weather be like from those that have sailed at that time? Thanks

I vote for Snorkel Park only because it's a 10 minute walk from the ship..so sometimes if my dh is doing museums or something and we're meeting for lunch...I head to Snorkel Park for an hours swim...Is it Horseshoe Bay? No, but I go there for a quick dip when in port...

Any advantages of one over the other? We really want to cruise the Dawn as we have not had an opportunity to sail her before and because it's a smaller ship compared to larger ships which we really don't care for.

Search is down and I can't pull anything up using google.

Secondly we have no choice other the last cruise end of Oct what will weather be like from those that have sailed at that time? Thanks

In answer to your second question, my DD and I sailed three years ago on the Gem out of NY City on October 29th. That was the day after the freak snowstorm that hit the northeast, leaving many without power. Lots of stories from our passengers about how difficult it was to get to the ship with the wires and tree limbs down. Anyway, once we left NY City and sailed towards Bermuda, we knew we were heading into beautiful weather. The temps in Bermuda were in the high 70's with no humidity. The ocean water was warmer than the air and made the beaches wonderful. We did run into a storm with gale force winds on the way home and it made for one long day onboard with all of the outside deck areas closed off. Once we passed the storm, the rest of the trip home was great. High seas can happen anytime of the year in the Atlantic so you just take your chances sailing to Bermuda.

I cruised on the Dawn leaving October 7th one year. The weather couldn't have been more perfect! We were absolutely comfortable on the beaches and had fabulous weather coming in and out of Boston. The Dawn is a fun and active ship and I would absolutely recommend sailing on her!

NCL Gem Aug 9th 2014- Bahamas

NCL Breakaway May 4th 2014- Bermuda

CCL Fantasy Nov 2013- Bahamas

NCL Dawn Oct 2011- Bermuda