SUPERBOWL to be postponed ... maybe

sebas030

I haven't follow this topic in a while....post cruise depression I guess.

Just announced, the Superbowl could be postponed due to weather !!

Isn't the Getaway chartered for the Superbowl ?

If they move it 2 days before, like they said it could be, will the ship be ready for them ?

If they move it 2 days after, again like they said it could be, will it impact her next cruise schedule ?

Crappy weather :mad:

There is no such news here in the NY/NJ area - in fact, as far as I know, all events leading up to the big game are going on as scheduled. If you want to believe the weather people - the extended forecast isn't even showing snow for that Sunday.

I would think the logistics of having the ship there or not, for the total Super Bowl considerations, would be one of the minor concerns. To move the date either way, the hotel room issues, airline flight cancellations, re bookings, etc would be an unsolvable nightmare.

For those unknowing, there have been many news stories indicating there are back up plans to move it if the weather gets too bad.

As to the ship, etc.. I am thinking they would stick to whatever schedule is already set. It is basically a hotel and they will honor those booked to cruise, etc. Maybe a half day shift or something, but not a total move. Colossal mess for sure.

I live about 40 minutes from Metlife stadium and right now(although as news 12 new jersey said over 7 days in forcasting is an eternity) but right now the forcast friday late into Saturday morning that weekend calls for maybe 3 inches of snow and at game time cloudy with 30 degree temp and wind chill of 23

compared with this week,that is swimming weather-lol

It will require extraordinary events to get the game re-scheduled.

They knew the situation before they gave the New Jersey teams the nod to hold the game in their stadium. Northern New Jersey in the winter gets-----winter weather.

It is kind of a kick in the pants though. Make it to the Super Bowl and where do you go? --- New Jersey. Woooo....stinkin' Hooooooo! We're goin' to Jersey!!!!!!!! In the winter!!!!!!

OK, those words have never actually been spoken by a sane person.

I will go out on a limb and say that there is no way that the Superbowl will be moved to another day :D

I know the NFL likes to spread the financial wealth generated from a Superbowl, but they really need to rethink the options of putting the Superbowl in a northern climate during the first week of February.

I also know football is played in all kinds of weather, which is fine for the players (who get paid quite handsomely to do so) but it is terrible for the fans. Bone chilling, mind numbing temperatures do not a fun afternoon make :D

With all that said, I'll watch Denver kick some major a** next week - on Sunday!!:)

Yes Budweiser has chartered the Getaway (4k plus people) and she leaves on a one way 2 day cruise to Nassau on Monday after the superbowl.

Since that cruise is still going with $99 rates online (plus over $100 in taxes) it isn't sold out so bumping anyone who is on that cruise for Budweiser sell out is still a profit maker even with the probable low OBC they will give you for rebooking a two day one way cruise.

What marketing Genious thought of having a Superbowl during the winter outside :eek:

All the Corporate and celebrity types don't want to be out in the snow like real fans would:rolleyes:

If they move it 2 days before, like they said it could be, will the ship be ready for them ?

If they move it 2 days after, again like they said it could be, will it impact her next cruise schedule ?

It was chartered by Bud Light, not the NFL...

The NFL has contingincies, to move the game up to Friday or Saturday, if the forecast calls for a foot or more like a few days ago, or to move it back to Monday, if they get a huge storm Friday or Saturday.

The Bud Light events will be over Saturday night/Sunday afternoon and the ship should go back into service on time, whether the game gets moved up or back, or not.

(remember, the NFL plans are contingent on a catastrophic snow storm. Measured in feet, not inches)

Right now the first forecast came out with 20 degrees at gametime and 30% chance of snow.

The game will go on.

Edited by bguppies

Uh - it will never happen. Also, I live in north jersey, and I haven't heard anything even close to that.

What marketing Genious thought of having a Superbowl during the winter outside :eek:

All the Corporate and celebrity types don't want to be out in the snow like real fans would:rolleyes:

What idiot builds a brand new stadium in north jersey and doesn't put a dome on it?! :rolleyes:

Uh - it will never happen. Also, I live in north jersey, and I haven't heard anything even close to that.

Well it is all over the news since noon today.

Anyhow if it doesn't impact on the cruise schedule, then it's all for the best !!

It will require extraordinary events to get the game re-scheduled.

They knew the situation before they gave the New Jersey teams the nod to hold the game in their stadium. Northern New Jersey in the winter gets-----winter weather.

It is kind of a kick in the pants though. Make it to the Super Bowl and where do you go? --- New Jersey. Woooo....stinkin' Hooooooo! We're goin' to Jersey!!!!!!!! In the winter!!!!!!

OK, those words have never actually been spoken by a sane person.

Exactly!

The current governor might have spoken those words:rolleyes:

Football is a cold weather sport. I suggest anyone who doesn't realize that should educate themselves about the famous "Ice Bowl" game between Dallas and Green Bay played years ago. Even more recently the Giants played the Packers in extremely frigid conditions on their way to the Super Bowl.

The Super Bowl is a huge production with dozens of other events surrounding it during the week leading up to the game. The game itself can easily be played in the snow and cold, it's mostly the show surrounding it that suffers in bad weather.

Football is a cold weather sport. I suggest anyone who doesn't realize that should educate themselves about the famous "Ice Bowl" game between Dallas and Green Bay played years ago. Even more recently the Giants played the Packers in extremely frigid conditions on their way to the Super Bowl.

The Super Bowl is a huge production with dozens of other events surrounding it during the week leading up to the game. The game itself can easily be played in the snow and cold, it's mostly the show surrounding it that suffers in bad weather.

Right on.

~Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

The game will go on as planned. However, I think the NFL brass are idiots for subjecting the most important game of the year to winter conditions in Jersey.

Today it's 65 and sunny in San Diego. We'd gladly take the Super Bowl. :)