Breakaway Breakfast

KevinsCruising

When we sail on the GEM we love going to breakfast in the great outdoors. Now going on the Breakaway is there a great spot like that for breakfast? We have only been on the Breakaway for the Inaugural 2 night sailing so we really didn't have time to experience everything. Any help with Breakaway spots would be really helpful.

Thank you

There is some outdoor seating near the buffet on the Breakaway but it is the other side of the buffet to where it is on the Gem, nearer the pool.

Not as nice as the Great outdoors and covered, but you at least get a view to the side.

I can't think of anywhere for breakfast on the Breakaway that is as nice as the Great Outdoors.

Edited by KeithJenner

The seating for the buffet area goes all the way to the stern and has windows all around. So while we did miss the Great Outdoors, the buffet area still has nice seating areas indoors. :)

Edited by mizlorinj

When I was on the Breakaway I kept telling DH that I really missed the "Great Outdoors" I have a feeling when I sail on the Gem next winter that I will be telling him that I miss "The Waterfront" on the Breakaway.

I agree the Uptown Grill is about as close as your going to get to the "Great Outdoors", its nice but sun really, its pretty much covered.

Something not mentioned yet...

Look at the freestyle daily as sometimes they have a traveling buffet set up in one of the restaurants. Not every day but some days...I think the days at sea. I remember seeing one for La Cucina and another at Moderno. Since they are attached to the waterfront, you could just take your plate out there.

Be sure to check out the Uptown Grill on Deck 16.

have a great cruise!

coka

Nope....no place that comes close to the Great outdoors. Many other great outdoor spots on the ship... but sadly no great outdoors:(

safe sailing

I agree with you 100%!!

This was probably my major disappointment on the Breakaway and although for some, not a big deal, it is one of the major reasons (and no Spinnaker Lounge) that I am probably doing my next NCL cruise on the GEM.

(Although I did enjoy the outside seating venues of the specialty restaurants!) :)

Don

Yes, I agree also, the great outdoors is perfect and no the Breakaway does not have a spot like that! The Breakaway was great for Spice H20 for dancing at night~~I so enjoyed that! I guess every ship has its perks! Happy sailing! I will be back on the Gem in October for an 11-day sailing. I loved the Breakaway also last October!:)

The Uptown grill is no Great outdoors :(

First, it is covered...so no sun ( even in the Bahamas )can really heat up the place.

Second, the way it is shaped/located, it is always very windy and cold. I mean from filling your plate to walking to a table, the food is cold.

Third, nothing beats an aft ;)

Fourth, during afternoon when the climbing wall, zip line and jogging track in operation, it can be very noisy.

On a positive note, it is the only place you can get a grilled panini, fries and onion ring in a box and a few other dishes I only saw there.

Something not mentioned yet...

Look at the freestyle daily as sometimes they have a traveling buffet set up in one of the restaurants. Not every day but some days...I think the days at sea. I remember seeing one for La Cucina and another at Moderno. Since they are attached to the waterfront, you could just take your plate out there.

Be sure to check out the Uptown Grill on Deck 16.

have a great cruise!

coka

Thanks for that hint! We loved dinner on the Waterfront so breakfast will be a real treat.

I have some mixed feelings about it....while the Great Outdoors is nice when the weather is nice, the aft panoramic view from the Garden Cafe is very nice when the weather is too cold, as often is on cruises from the homeport, New York.

Indeed, the view is like a Spinnaker 'in reverse'....or as close to a proper Spinnaker as you're going to get on the Breakaway class.

Another suggestion for the outdoors lovers....have breakfast at O'Sheehans, out on the Waterfront.