Anyone ever renewed their vows onboard?

jreichow1972

We did a vow renewal for our 25th anniversary aboard the Glory two years ago. Two of my brothers and their wives were on the cruise with us. About two months before we sailed I found out my father in law and his girlfriend were booked on the same cruise. It was the perfect opportunity to surprise my wife with this. The wedding department took care of everything. I secretly met up with the planner on day two of the cruise and we set it up for day 5. All I had to do was propose to my wife again and hope she said yes. As a bonus my father in law got to walk his daughter down the aisle to me. Well worth the cost in my book.

We did a vow renewal for our 25th anniversary aboard the Glory two years ago. Two of my brothers and their wives were on the cruise with us. About two months before we sailed I found out my father in law and his girlfriend were booked on the same cruise. It was the perfect opportunity to surprise my wife with this. The wedding department took care of everything. I secretly met up with the planner on day two of the cruise and we set it up for day 5. All I had to do was propose to my wife again and hope she said yes. As a bonus my father in law got to walk his daughter down the aisle to me. Well worth the cost in my book.

That's sounds romantic and she must have loved the surprise.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

• 2 months later...

Thanks to the OP for posting this question! I was about to ask the exact same thing. We will be celebrating our 25th on the Valor in October. It just so happens that our anniversary falls on the only sea day for that itinerary. I've already submitted a reservation for the steakhouse that evening to celebrate. I think I will e-mail CCL and inquire about vow renewals. It will only be me and the hubby on the cruise, so it would just require a brief ceremony and some pics. Sadly, 25 years is a really long time these days. Not many make it that long unfortunately.

Thanks to the OP for posting this question! I was about to ask the exact same thing. We will be celebrating our 25th on the Valor in October. It just so happens that our anniversary falls on the only sea day for that itinerary. I've already submitted a reservation for the steakhouse that evening to celebrate. I think I will e-mail CCL and inquire about vow renewals. It will only be me and the hubby on the cruise, so it would just require a brief ceremony and some pics. Sadly, 25 years is a really long time these days. Not many make it that long unfortunately.

You're right!!!! 25 years is definitely a rarity these days. I was also looking to do the vow renewal but found out it's REALLY pricey! Let me know what you find out.

Thanks

Kirsten

We renewed our vows on Carnival Triumph for our 20th anniversary in Dec. I did book Carnival's package and was very pleased. We didn't have any family traveling with us, it was just the two of us. I wore a beautiful ivory lace gown - bought on amazon of all places!

http://www.amazon.com/Strapless-Dress-Contrast-Corset-Rose-Pink/dp/B006P7GY2A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1398350043&sr=8-1&keywords=Strapless+Lace+Prom+Dress+Long+Gown+With+Contrast+Corset+Style+Waist

My husband got a new suit. We found vows we wanted to say and sent them to the wedding coordinator. We ordered a red velvet cake with cream cheese icing - delicious! Had it served to us and our table that night at dinner. Ceremony was on last sea day, at noon. It was super special to us. Photographer took us all over ship taking pictures and we bought a few.

Edited by lulamc

Thank you! I'm seriously considering this. After all, we'll only have ONE 25th anniversary! Life is too short not to live it! :)

Your exactly right. Is it pricey, yes, is it worth it, yes. It's not about the cost as much as the memories.

I am still going back and forth on doing the vow renewal. Our 25th will be July 2015 and I don't want to cruise in July. I like to get away when is cold to have a nice warm break away from the cold. So I'm tossed up. If I did it this coming winter it's too soon (24.5 years) and the following winter will be 25.5 years. What to do.....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums