My PCC has given my false info.... more then once

nutley chick

Yes, I will be sailing March 30th. Spring Break. This will be my second cruise on NCL. The first was a charter cruise. I was unaware of the spring break thing until a few weeks after I booked. I actually had called my PCC to ask him if its true that I could purchase the UBP because I read it here and he said "no, you can buy it" I then thought about it and sent him an email and asked him to please double check and he said "I will double check but not to worry"...... Next email said "you are correct, it is not available for your sailing but you can buy a bar setup."

I understand your frustration: I would be a bit upset as well, but it sounds like he made a couple of assumptions, not that he is incompetent or doesn't know what he is saying. The drink package limitation, as I understand it was not that way at the beginning. The 2 points is right, so about the only thing that is not, seems to be the bed situation.

I first heard about it a couple of months before my November 2013 cruise. I don't think it was around last spring.

Yes it was. :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1793231

We got the first spring break whiners here soon after that too.

You got here just before me :D

Feb 2013

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1793618&highlight=ubp+spring

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1784730&highlight=ubp+spring

Mar 2013

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1804549&highlight=ubp+spring

“An Ultimate Beverage Package is being offered throughout the fleet with the exception of the POA. Cost is $49 per person, per day + 15 percent automatic gratuity. Every person is a cabin must purchase. If someone is underage, they must purchase the soda package. Beer and wine and also some mixed drinks. Also, the UBP will not be offered during spring break. Blackout date from March 1 to April 15.

Edited by che5904

I have a question... I just noticed a price drop of $150. per person for my cabin on my sailing. Its after final payment.

Do I chance calling my "wonderful" PCC since at least he may want to try to get me something being we have a relationship already. I know they don't have to give me anything but... Or do I call and speak to someone else?

Also, he doesn't come in until 11:00 and there's only 2 cabins left in my category. So I would be taking a chance that they'll be gone by the time he comes in.

Well, nobody answered my question so I went ahead and gave him a call. He said there is nothing he can do for me until closer to my sailing. I sail March 30th. There are only 2 Aft Havens left and I told him that he needs to try real hard to get me OBC and give me a call back. He said he will try.

If he calls back and doesn't have some positive news, anything $5.00 OBC, I will than make my decision to call a supervisor. I know I'm not entitled to anything since it is after final payment. So please don't jump all over me about that. But I do feel I should receive something.....

WOW guess who just called..... $75.00 OBC. See he's not so bad after all.

I seem to remember it was probably the first thread I ended up reading as a newbie. Quite an initiation.

Oh my, I didn't re-read the ones I linked but if I remember correctly the whole thing was quite controversial when it was introduced. So I can imagine it certainly would be quite the initiation to CC. :D

My initiation was a thread on the DSC :eek:

Edited by che5904

Well, nobody answered my question so I went ahead and gave him a call. He said there is nothing he can do for me until closer to my sailing. I sail March 30th. There are only 2 Aft Havens left and I told him that he needs to try real hard to get me OBC and give me a call back. He said he will try.

If he calls back and doesn't have some positive news, anything $5.00 OBC, I will than make my decision to call a supervisor. I know I'm not entitled to anything since it is after final payment. So please don't jump all over me about that. But I do feel I should receive something.....

WOW guess who just called..... $75.00 OBC. See he's not so bad after all.

Glad he was finally able to help you.

I can't say I understand the: if he hadn't offered you anything, you'd then turn him in... But everyone beats to a different drummer.

Happy everything worked out for you with the OBC and hope they can help with the bed situation onboard.

I've never been in a suite but I seem to recall suite guests saying they heard from the concierge desk before sailing. Maybe you could put a bug in their ear regarding the bed/beds and see if anything might be able to be done pre boarding.

Edited by che5904

Oh my, I didn't re-read the ones I linked but if I remember correctly the whole thing was quite controversial when it was introduced. So I can imagine it certainly would be quite the initiation to CC. :D

My initiation was a thread on the DSC :eek:

It's all good, it threw me in the deep end and I learned to swim with the current very quickly.

Now, unless I'm very sure, ie: I've read it on the NCL website or experienced it myself, etc., I say nothing, unless of course, it has something to do with Maple Syrup or bacon ....:p

There is one person you want to believe in... And thats your PCC, when he lets you down, then you start to doubt everything...not a good feeling for sure.

There is an EASY way out of trouble for the bed configuration.

Bring your own mattress ;)

Look it up on CC.... Ha ha ha...I just love these boards sometimes !!

Have fun !

I was just wandering around on the United Kingdom NCL website and look what I found as far as description of the room that I am in...

[I]Travellers Summary
Adults: Children: Infants: Departure:
2 0 0 Cruise only
Description
Stateroom Category: Stateroom Number: Deck: Size:
S6 11308 Deck 11 419 Sq Ft
Breakaway 11308 The Haven Aft-Facing Penthouse With Balcony 11 Standard Capacity - 4 , Cabin Includes Tea And Coffee Maker , Convertible Double Sofa Bed , Shower , Total Square Footage (711) , Desk , Livingroom Area , Floor To Ceiling Sliding Glass Doors , Guest Bathroom With Shower , Telephone , Internet Access , Digital Video Disc Player , Balcony Square Footage (292) , Bathtub , [SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]Convertible King Size Bed[/COLOR][/SIZE] , Clothes Line In Bathroom , Television , Certified Butler Service , Dining Room Area , Pier Aft , Sprinklers , Safety Deposit Box , Private Balcony , Aft Section , Separate Bedroom With A Door , Port Side , Concierge Concierge Available Upon Request, Cabin Square Footage (419) , Sitting Area , Refrigerator , Hair Dryer , Foldable Sleeper/Playpen , Vanity , Mini Bar[/I]

So now I wonder, what does convertible king size bed mean? If it means it can be split, than maybe he has told me the correct information. Or maybe he thought he was giving me the correct information because maybe he is seeing the same thing? Hmmmm:cool: Edited by nutley chick