The "Getaway"

sailingnut

As usual.......awoke at 3:47 after four hours of sleep. SO let's get this show on the road!! As sad as it may be, it's 4:15 a.m., and I'm watching for Getaway on the two New York webcams at the same time I'm watching an episode of the New Adventures of Old Christine for the third time.

After she picked up the pilot she did a series of s type turns. Pilot checking out her maneuverability maybe? She's now back facing the right way but behind schedule ..

No, I think the vessel moved position so the pilot could actually board the vessel, instead of the 35 mph gusts blowing him/her into the sea. IMO.

The ship positioned itself between the pilot boat and the wind, allowing a comfortable as possible boarding. :)

No, I think the vessel moved position so the pilot could actually board the vessel, instead of the 35 mph gusts blowing him/her into the sea. IMO.

The ship positioned itself between the pilot boat and the wind, allowing a comfortable as possible boarding. :)

That makes more sense :)

God....what has my life become, watching a webcam for a new cruise ship arrival at 4:30 in the morning??? :eek:

Your not alone. I have to go to work in a few hours too. :eek:

:D

A lot less traffic/interest compared to the BA though. lol.

It reminds me of my kids. The first one, you are all over. Second one, sort of. Third one, what is their name again. :D

JK

God....what has my life become, watching a webcam for a new cruise ship arrival at 4:30 in the morning??? :eek:

I so agree. Like you I woke up and realized that I could watch her arrival.

I hope to sail on the Getaway some day.

Your not alone. I have to go to work in a few hours too. :eek:

:D

A lot less traffic/interest compared to the BA though. lol.

It reminds me of my kids. The first one, you are all over. Second one, sort of. Third one, what is their name again. :D

JK

HaHa. Well, I have plans to sail on Getaway in May, solo in a large aft balcony, and had no plans for Breakaway. I guess that's why I have more interest this morning. Though I can understand the excitement for a ship like these two would have been stronger when Breakaway first made an appearance.

What are you guys watching that lets you see actual movement? The only thing I can find just shows vessels stationary and I have to refresh to see if it has moved at all.

http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/

If link to ship fails, click Marine Traffic top left, click dart/arrow top left, and enter ship name, click ship if comes up on menu, if not click magnifying glass in white window. Manipulate zoom, search track, etc.

HTH

HaHa. Well, I have plans to sail on Getaway in May, solo in a large aft balcony, and had no plans for Breakaway. I guess that's why I have more interest this morning. Though I can understand the excitement for a ship like these two would have been stronger when Breakaway first made an appearance.

What about the kids? :D Will you take mine please. lol.

She trying to stay into the wind. But she has to turn north soon.

I'll bet those seas were brutal of the coast. The winds here in DC were impressive. Can't imagine the seas up north a bit. Hope all sailors are doing well. I'll bet they're happy to see land.