How to get to the Other Side

elvisrocks

elvisrocks, the previous posters all had great suggestions. You also might want to check out the Hiring a driver for the day thread (check out the last few pages for more recent info). My family did this while on Cozumel and we had a blast! We visited San Gervasio, then over to the east side of the island...many stops for drinks, beach time, sightseeing and photo ops. Then on to Paradise Beach and after that, downtown for some shopping. The Bar Hop is also a great way to see the east side.

Good luck with your plans!:D

I did the Cozumel Bar Hop Bus the last time I was in Cozumel, January 2013. It was great! I really wanted to see that side of the island, and so many people recommended the Hop that I checked it out. Now, my husband and I, and the other two couples in our group, are all in our 60's and not big drinkers or partiers, but Tom at the Hop assured me we would have a good time and not feel out of place.

Took a taxi for a short ride to town, got on a nice bus there, and took off. We went to 4 bars on that side - a complementary shot at each one, then we we there for about 45 minutes at each one to do whatever we wanted. Got something to eat at one, and drinks, some bottled water at another, drinks at another. Everything was reasonably priced. Walked on the beach, watched the big waves come in and hit the rocks, just relaxed and talked. There were probably 35 or 40 people, all ages, and everyone was very nice and friendly.

You have to take cash to pay for stuff on that side as there is no electricity, thus no credit card machines.

I think we were gone about 3.5 hours. It was just perfect! Check out their website http://cozumelbarhop.com/

elvisrocks, the previous posters all had great suggestions. You also might want to check out the Hiring a driver for the day thread (check out the last few pages for more recent info). My family did this while on Cozumel and we had a blast! We visited San Gervasio, then over to the east side of the island...many stops for drinks, beach time, sightseeing and photo ops. Then on to Paradise Beach and after that, downtown for some shopping. The Bar Hop is also a great way to see the east side.

Good luck with your plans!:D

We also used Hiring a Driver for the day last time we were in Coz. Fun experience, great driver, Alberto, and will do it again in the future.