"Live" From the Grandeur of the Seas 7-22-05

Hello everyone...We are just about to leave Port Canaveral......

It was a great day ! Sunny, clear skies...about 92f. We left the ship at about 11am, and due to my DM at RCI, we were able to take a tour of the Sovereign of the Seas....which was docked with us at Port Canaveral. We took the crew bus over to the Sovereign and boarded the ship at about 11:30am.

I was very impressed with the refurbishments that were made on Sovereign. After watching the Documentary on the Sovereign drydock...it was very nice to see the improvements that were made. I will post all of the pics taken on my Cruise Photo Page...and post a few on Cruise Critic....as long as I still have a signal I will post today....

We returned at about 3pm....and was happy to take a nice nap !

Tonights entertainment should be very good...The "Quest" will be held tonight, in the South Pacific Lounge, and the Beatlemaniacs will be performing in the Palladium Theatre.

We have just 2 more nights till we dock in Baltimore.....A big day at sea for tomorrow with lots of activities....

I am uploading about 100 pics right now...and if I have time , I will post tonight on CC.

Thanks for tuning In.....

Radio

50520428-ad1b-02000180-.jpg

50520421-afb9-02000180-.jpg

50520435-2095-02000180-.jpg

50520383-a2eb-02000180-.jpg

Hi - Radio, so glad you are having a great time and have time to take all the pictures. We were on this cruise 6/24. Was not my favorite ship. Didn't care for the way the ship was layed out. Seemed like all you saw was elevators and more cabins. Usually on the larger ships, when you walk around you see lounges and such. This ship had everything tucked out of the way at the ends. I don't care for two stops in Florida where you can drive to either. We won't do the Western again. Southern is tops.:)

Hi Radio,

Saw the Grandeur and the Soverign said out of Port Canaveral yesterday. It was a beautiful day, and the ship looked great. It must be great for people who have never been to Florida before to stop and see how nice it is.

We feel very fortunate that we only have to drive 1.50 hours to see the ships and enjoy the breezes near the coast.

I don't know if you saw us, but we were holding up a sign saying HI Radio as you passed by.

Keep up the great work.

Dottie

Hi, Radio

Thanks for this thread and the pictures on your website. One question....have they had Sushi in the evenings at the Windjammer? I've seen a post that said that was the case on the Grandeur during a December cruise.

What a gorgeous teak deck she has! Is that really what Coco Cay looks like??? I can't wait! Great cat pictures!

Thanks again, Radio.

You are right MerionMom....It does look very nice. The Enchantment of the Seas, has NO teak deck....it has a rubbercoated STEEL deck...

jmcdon7230....I saw NO sushi in the Windjammer....or anywhere on the ship...

dotheyes...I think that I did see you....I took a picture and will try to post it on my Photo Page....

We are a few miles south of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel......so I now have a signal ! ! It should take us about 8 hours to navigate up the Chesapeake Bay. We should be in port by about 8AM.

It has been a great cruise, and I am very happy that I was able to sail the Grandeur again. Not everything was perfect, but overall it was a very relaxing cruise for me !

I will post again when we arrive in Port.....

Thanks for tuning in !

Radio

50401410-759b-02000180-.jpg

Not everything was perfect, but overall it was a very relaxing cruise for me.

Did I miss something along the way? Last I saw you said everything was great, no problems.

Anyway, thanks for posting. It's been fun following your trip since we are doing the same one next Friday.

Radio,

I can't thank you enough for the pictures. My children have never been on a cruise, so it was nice to let them see how everything will look. Looking forward to my own cruise Aug. 5 2005.

Thanks again!!!

Patty

Welcome home, Radio! We've sure been enjoying your cruise. I hope you've had as much fun onboard as the rest of us have had reading about your adventures. ;)

Cheryl

I have had a great time ! I love to do "Live" posts while on board....Without Cybercabin...it was a little tough to connect though...

hds249...Thanks for the comments.....You will enjoy your cruise....it looks like I won't be sailing the Grandeur again in 2005, I was thinking of a Bermuda run but... most cabins are already booked !

prettypat.....You will have a GREAT cruise ! be sure to take the Sunblock...I forgot mine, and I'm paying for it now !

I posted many more pics of the cruise on my Cruise Photo Page...

I spent the day fixing the captions an all of the photos, uploading many pics..I still have a few more to post (about 24...bit that will have to be another day)

Just Click Below....

Radio

Beautiful Chesapeake Sunrise

50579372-56e3-02000180-.jpg

Approaching the Francis Scott Key Bridge

50579495-743c-02000180-.jpg

50579512-3c22-02000180-.jpg

Back @ the Port of Baltimore Passenger Terminal-This has been a great Cruise !

50579558-ea5c-02000180-.jpg

Radio, just a quick cabin question. You have recently been on both the Sovereign and the Grandeur. According to Royal Caribbean's website, the JS on the Sovereign is actually LARGER than the JS on the Grandeur (and so is the balcony.) The numbers (in square feet) on the website are:

Grandeur = 245 + 58

Sovereign = 264 + 74

Does the Sovereign JS actually SEEM larger? The pictures of the Grandeur's JS look plenty big to me. (until Enchantment in two weeks, the only cabins we've stayed in are E1's).

Carol

Hi Carol.....I was never able to view a JS or any cabin on Sovereign....We asked to , bit Guest Relations said that all cobins were occupied.

I did however get pics of the JS on Grandeur and Enchantmnent...

Radio

;) ;)

Radio:

Let me know you room number and who your steward was. Unless it was just a pic, it looked like 7060. I am in 7050 going to Bermuda this month and a first timer. Would like to know what you thought of the room and the service on board. Have been hearing such different things...the ship is old and worn etc...;)

HELLO RADIO, GREAT PICS, :) VERY EXCITED ABOUT MY 09/02/05 CRUISE ON THE GRANDEUR.

MAJESTY OF THE SEAS, 1997 WESTERN

ADVENTURE OF THE SEAS, 2002 SOUTHERN

JEWEL OF THE SEAS, 2004 CANADA / NEW ENGLAND

GRANDEUR OF THE SEAS, SEPT. 02/2005

9 NIGHT CARIBBEAN

Thank you Radio....it has been awesome sorta traveling along with ya....great photos too!! Oh yea, and welcome home!

Thank you ! I'm looking at Bermuda next too...

Radio

;) ;)

Radio:

Let me know you room number and who your steward was. Unless it was just a pic, it looked like 7060. I am in 7050 going to Bermuda this month and a first timer. Would like to know what you thought of the room and the service on board. Have been hearing such different things...the ship is old and worn etc...;)

The cabin was 7600.....It was not upgraded during the last drydock/remodel...The linens looked like the original. My mom and Dad were in 7560.....there room was recently refreshed.

My Steward was a woman...and I don't remember her name....Sorry, she was very good !

Radio

;) ;)

Archived