Carnival Excursions - La Romana, DR

HappyAboard

We are sailing on the Breeze Christmas cruise with our three sons who are 17, 14 and 4. I would book the Seavis Tours excursion if not for worries that our 4 year old would not enjoy it as much.

But if anyone has done one of the Seavis excursions especially with a young child let me know your thoughts.

But I have looked on CCL sponsored beach excursions and they have 2 beach day excursions.

One doesn't have any reviews so if anyone has any knowledge please please please let me know ASAP. It's called the NUEVA ROMANA BEACH ESCAPE.

And the other is for Bayahibe Beach Resort an AI which is about $100 per person with iffy reviews.

Or I have seen a few day passes we can get for other resorts like Dreams. But alcohol isn't important to us meaning we don't need it for this excursion.

If you don't mind, once you return from your cruise, will you let us know what you chose and how it turned out? We will be in La Romano in April 2016 and will have our 7 and 4 year olds with us, so I'm interested how your excursion goes with your youngest. TIA! :) Have a great trip.

• 1 month later...
We are sailing on the Breeze Christmas cruise with our three sons who are 17, 14 and 4. I would book the Seavis Tours excursion if not for worries that our 4 year old would not enjoy it as much.

But if anyone has done one of the Seavis excursions especially with a young child let me know your thoughts.

But I have looked on CCL sponsored beach excursions and they have 2 beach day excursions.

One doesn't have any reviews so if anyone has any knowledge please please please let me know ASAP. It's called the NUEVA ROMANA BEACH ESCAPE.

And the other is for Bayahibe Beach Resort an AI which is about $100 per person with iffy reviews.

Or I have seen a few day passes we can get for other resorts like Dreams. But alcohol isn't important to us meaning we don't need it for this excursion.

What did you decide to do in La Romana? How did it go with your 4 year old? TIA for any info you can provide! :)

At the back of the La Romana cruise port, non-guided busses were available for $5 to $8 USD per person. Round-trip

They had a few destinations, 1 being downtown, another being the artist colony with the incredible view of the river. They were hop-on / hop-off busses.

We were careful to inquire about local time & to find out when the last bus of the day departs.

That will go down in the record-books as our best value EVER for a port visit. Drivers were safe, the busses were full, the drive was beautiful. I'm so glad we didn't spend $100/pp at this port when there's an $8/pp option.

At the back of the La Romana cruise port, non-guided busses were available for $5 to $8 USD per person. Round-trip

They had a few destinations, 1 being downtown, another being the artist colony with the incredible view of the river. They were hop-on / hop-off busses.

We were careful to inquire about local time & to find out when the last bus of the day departs.

That will go down in the record-books as our best value EVER for a port visit. Drivers were safe, the busses were full, the drive was beautiful. I'm so glad we didn't spend $100/pp at this port when there's an $8/pp option.

Thanks so much for coming back and posting this! DR is the one port I am having trouble deciding what to do :)

Did you spend your time downtown? If so, what did it have to offer?

No we went to the medieval replica community that is described as an artist inspirational place. I didn't see any artwork but the facility was impressive and the view was absolutely gorgeous. It appears that a fit, ambitious person could climb some stairs all the way down to the river 700 ft below. But for us normal people, we just casually strolled around the little town and took in the view. There were several shops & eateries, absolutely NO PRESSURE & NO HOUNDING at all, it was just a very relaxing & interesting place.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Did you feel safe going to and from the Seavis Carnival Special to Saona Island excursion? Was it hard to get to the taxi?

As I responded to your other post, you want to take the Seavis Saona Special and not the Carnival excursion. Two very different experiences and prices. Taxi drivers work with Seavis so a very smooth transportation.