Dining questions on Golden to Alaska

djjs

Hi Princess experts,

My husband on I will be sailing to alaska this summer on the Golden. We are scheduled for any time dining.

Question 1. How do we know which nights are formal nights?

Question 2. How and when can we make a reservation for the specialty restaurants and what is the dress code for the specialty restaurants?

Thank you for your replies :)

In my experience with the Golden in Alaska in September 2012, formal nights were the 2nd night and the 2nd to last night (which was in my itinerary the day we were in Ketchikan but left around 3:30).

You only can make specialty restaurant reservation while on the ship. You call the dine line from your room (you can do this right after you board-Princess's rooms are ready, unlike other lines) or you can go to a table by one of the restaurants.

The dress code for the specialty restaurants, even on formal nights, is Smart Casual.

Thank you for your response. Are jeans a button down and nice shoes acceptable for my dh. Thx

That sounds like it is smart casual to me.

Also, another post commented that formal nights are on sea days. This tends to be true, except when the itinerary doesn't allow it. The Golden's itinerary when I was on it didn't have a sea day after the day after embarkation - when the first formal night. So it was on the day with the early sailing from a port.

Note, the Princess Patter for the first day will list the schedule for dressing for the cruise. It should be in the room when you board.

Have a great trip!

Edited by cubfan63

In my experience with the Golden in Alaska in September 2012, formal nights were the 2nd night and the 2nd to last night (which was in my itinerary the day we were in Ketchikan but left around 3:30).

I concur. I have been on this itinerary a few times and it has always been these nights.

Hi Princess experts,

My husband on I will be sailing to alaska this summer on the Golden. We are scheduled for any time dining.

Question 2. How and when can we make a reservation for the specialty restaurants and what is the dress code for the specialty restaurants?

Check out the roll call for your cruise.

Hi Princess experts,

I was on the Golden September 2013. We left on Sunday the formal nights were Monday and Friday. We had traditional late dining and loved it. Plenty of time to rest up after a long day and get ready

Smart casual was the dress code for the speciality restaurants.