Albertos help

CocoaMom

Been to Cozumel numerous times and prefer more off the beaten path. Last time we went to Playa Palancar - loved it, but their chairs are so uncomfortable to lounge.

Looking at Albertos, but would appreciate info regarding the beach / swimming. Wondering if it's clean, sandy entrance with good swimming? From my research, it appears like they have more then one location, but I've searched here and online, but can't come up with much. I believe the one I want is just beyond Playa Palancar (?).

Basically we're looking to have good swimming, clean beach, a meal with a couple drinks and a lounge...without a massive crowd.

Albertos has a place downtown as well as on the beach. I think its at KM 18/19 on the South Coast Road, before Palancar. You might sometime ssee it described as Albertos at El Cedral. Same place. but it'll be the same sand as Planacar. Can't opine on loungers as each place seems about the same to me and I'm not sure what "comfort" you're describing. Maybe the gallery on the website or on TA has pictures of the loungers and you can compare to those you recall at Palancar. But essentially, Albertos will have your quieter beach and less crowds relative to the beaches closer to the cruise piers.

I do see on their website that they have a new spot on the east side up between Coconuts and Puenta Morena. Must have taken over Hotel Ventanas. Can't opine on the place but the east side has wilder water than the west side so might not be a great swim spot and certainly no snorkeling. could be quiet though.