another (gasp) dining question….

Lily429

we don't dress up, and on a 3 night cruise I can't justify packing formal/dress attire even if I wanted to. I am wondering, anyone recently been on a 3 nighter that can report as to how this whole dress code change is working? Is the dress optional night still creating a ruckus when people "opt" for cruise casual instead?

we don't dress up, and on a 3 night cruise I can't justify packing formal/dress attire even if I wanted to. I am wondering, anyone recently been on a 3 nighter that can report as to how this whole dress code change is working? Is the dress optional night still creating a ruckus when people "opt" for cruise casual instead?

The only place that people dressing other than some other people's idea of what the dress code is causes a ruckus is on the boards.

Once onboard the ship, the suggested dress for a 3 night cruise is cruise casual (which means no tank tops or swimwear for dinner). There is an "Optional Dress Up" night. But some do it, others don't.

Just back from the 3 day Magic. First night we wore to dinner the clothes we wore to board the ship....jeans & Disney t-shirts (it was cold & after the muster drill & sail away, it was time to eat.)

Next day we wore shorts in the morning & changed to pirate garb for dinner & the pirate party.

Next day, we went to Castaway Cay so shorts & or swimsuits were in order. For dinner, I did wear dress pants & a dressy blouse on the last night. Not because I had to, just because I hadn't worn ANY of the dress clothes that I took with me.

In hindsight, next time I will only take casual clothes for 3 nighters since there was more people in shorts than dressy garb and it will be so much easier to pack. Our dining experience was no less enjoyable because of our attire or the attire of those around us. ;)

It is normally the last night of the cruise. But a lot of people don't dress up. I know that we did and loved the formal photo with Mickey. It was a lot of fun but I changed out as soon as dinner was over. It was mostly for photos as the first night mickey is in his captain gear, the 2nd night is pirate and this night mickey is dressed up too. But it really is what each person wants to do.