New Captain's Club Levels and Solo Travellers

Montreal Marc

Howdy gang,

I may be a bit late to the parade, but I wanted to know what other solo travellers are thinking/doing regarding the conversion.

I have done about 23 weeks on Celebrity (22 of which were solo), including finishing a two-weeker yesterday on Eclipse. I have been Elite for several years, and am pleased with most of the benefits.

I have been pretty loyal to Celebrity, always promoting their brand to my friends and acquaintances as "the best of the mid-range cruise lines."

On Eclipse these past two weeks, many Elite Plus members with whom I regularly travel suggested that there is a movement afoot to get more credit for solo travellers than was originally offered by the line. Since we pay 175% of the per person price, we should get 175% of the credits, right?

Can anyone please point me in the direction of this Celebrity solo traveller movement?

Thanks,

Marc

Howdy gang,

I may be a bit late to the parade, but I wanted to know what other solo travellers are thinking/doing regarding the conversion.

I have done about 23 weeks on Celebrity (22 of which were solo), including finishing a two-weeker yesterday on Eclipse. I have been Elite for several years, and am pleased with most of the benefits.

I have been pretty loyal to Celebrity, always promoting their brand to my friends and acquaintances as "the best of the mid-range cruise lines."

On Eclipse these past two weeks, many Elite Plus members with whom I regularly travel suggested that there is a movement afoot to get more credit for solo travellers than was originally offered by the line. Since we pay 175% of the per person price, we should get 175% of the credits, right?

Can anyone please point me in the direction of this Celebrity solo traveller movement?

Thanks,

Marc

175%? Try 200% I have yet to be charged less than the full two person price. I know they are NOT going to back down on that policy but supposedly they are "considering" increasing the cruise credits due to the higher fare paid. I do not know of an official movement though.

I would support solo travelers getting cruise credits equal to the higher percentage fare paid. If you find the movement let me know.

Very reasonable, Montreal Marc! Singles pay double and should receive double credits. I support your movement! :D

As to I. I hope they are considering raising credits appropriately. Ridiculous that one person uses far less than two in food etc and yet is charges twice as much.

Some other lines do this already, and I think it's reasonable.

That said, when RCL recently changed their policy to do so, some were not happy with the change as it appeared to result in, at least in some cases, fare increases.