will cruise line deliver luggage to airport

sunshade

With short cruises, I imagine a lot of passengers drive in and/or just to carry on. We did on a short Connie voyage last year. Thus there are not enough customers to make it commercially viable.

Agree, the connie sailings are 4 and 5 nighters, so many do not have large amounts of luggage. Also the crowd tends to be more of a party crowd, less of a formal crowd, and this too lessens the need for luggage.

The crowd also seems less willing to pay $20 extra to have someone cart the luggage. For all these reasons, I do not think there are enough passengers willing to participate int he program to achieve the necessary minimum, so its just not being offered on the shorter sailings.

I generally like to use the program, but on this one, it was simpler to drag my own small suitcase on the short sailing.

Am totally lost for words since I just got off phone with Celebrity guest relations and she confirmed that they do offer it ( for certain airlines etc). May be Cruisestitch that for some reason there was some secruity issues on your current cruise?

Be advised that based on some recent threads, if something were to happen to your luggage and it was lost, Celebrity will apparently tell you they are not responsible and will only reimburse you up to the stated limit of $300.

This is true, or at least it is their policy and true from what I've read. It is also true that if you get miss your cruise for any reason that isn't the cruise line's fault that they won't give you your cruise fare back even if they resell your cabin. Travel insurance is designed to cover these two situations and many others. Everyone should at least look into travel insurance to see what it covers and how much it cost and then decide if they are willing to bear the risk themselves or not/

With that said....what does this have to do with the question here?

Am totally lost for words since I just got off phone with Celebrity guest relations and she confirmed that they do offer it ( for certain airlines etc). May be Cruisestitch that for some reason there was some secruity issues on your current cruise?

As I said in my prior post, Celebrity's phone customer service's answers on questions like this is not reliable. The problem is that the operator you're talking to might never have been within a hundred miles of a cruise ship and they sometimes give general or outdated answers (and I'm being kind here). In general I'd trust answers here on Cruise Critic about as much as I'd trust the phone customer service reps at Celebrity and sometimes more. In the case of some experienced frequent Cruise Critic posters I'd trust them more. Cruisestich is one of the contributors I'd trust more than the phone reps. In any event, as I said in my post above you just need to check on board as anything can change. I also maintain that while you can be interested in the service you should not make plans relying on it as you might be refused the service due to random security measures even if they offer it and you are otherwise qualified for it.

We are also Canadian cruisers interested in Luggage Valet. We're going to be on the Reflection for the March 22nd sailing and will be flying from MIA to YYZ on March 29th. We have a late flight home (at around 8pm) so not having to worry about luggage while we enjoy some time in Miami would be a treat. The Everglades tour sounds like a nice alternative. I did it as a kid but it would be new for my husband. He loves alligators! LOL!

Either way, I'll be sure to report back here when we return to let everyone know if it's an option for us Canucks flying on Air Canada! :)

Edited by Smurfette76

This is true, and in line with any Public carrier - airlines, cruse ships, motor coaches etc. Celebrity clearly calls this out in the Cruise Documents we all consent to on purchasing the cruise.

Although I have no figures to verify, I imaging he loss of luggage as a percentage of travelers is far higher when flying than it is with disembarking a cruise ship.

Correct, but as we all know, few people read the entire contract of carriage. Furthermore, one could logically assume that when the cruiseline offers to take your luggage, for a fee, and deliver it to the airline, that they are thus assuming a larger responsibility for it....until it gets lost and you realize that your assumption was just that: an assumption, that turns out to be incorrect.

[quote=Lsimon;41486293

With that said....what does this have to do with the question here?

Really? You've never seen a thread go slightly off on a tangent? Not that this is that much of a tangent....The question was about luggage valet. I simply pointed out an additional risk one takes if using that service.

Very interesting since I spoke with a rep from Celebrity yesterday and she informed me that yes they do offer valet for a fee from Ft lauderdale. Will have to call again?

That happened to us on our cruise last March. Rep assured us that Luggage Valet was available in Ft. Lauderdale and not to worry:). Get on the Silhouette and Passenger Service tells us NO they are not offering it:mad:. You are probably better off waiting to board and finding out for sure.....anyways...very frustrating:(

• 1 month later...