Re-ride discount on Labadee Dragon Coaster?

martinp13

Some rides give you a discount if you want a re-ride, but only tell you about it as you're pulling into the station. Maybe it costs $10 to ride, but a re-ride would only be $5 more. Any chance of that type of discount on the Dragon Coaster at Labadee? :)

I actually really enjoyed it! Did not brake most of the way down hit some amazing speeds then panicked as i was not sure if it was attached to track like a regular roller coaster lol to slowed down.

Stu K

I can't remember if there was an all day ticket or not BUT I can tell you this ride was FUN! I rode it twice with my son (he was 17) and I'm 50+. :D I think he even went back and rode it again. It was truly fun and the views at the top are breathtaking. It's a definite repeat for us if we return to Labadee.

Enjoy!

:p

When I was there last month you had the option of buying a one ride pass for $20 or the All You Can Ride Pass for $35.

Of course I went for the All You Can Ride Pass and I think I got my money's worth for the 18 times I rode the coaster!

That's awesome! They didn't make you sit through the safety brief 18 times, did they?

heh heh...

Just once, luckily.

I couldn't imagine watching that 5 minute video 18 times, yikes!

Edited by BPyser1

When we were there in 2013 it was $40 for the all-day pass. The pass was only available from the counter on Labadee, not from the excursions desk on the ship or the website. The pass was actually good for two people, a "driver" and a "passenger", but they didn't care who sat where since we were about the same height and weight. After the first ride, they just told us to use the exit ramp to avoid the video.

The cars are attached to the track with upstop wheels, so feel free to not use the brakes until the end if no one is in front of you.

Edited by ahecht

There are some aMAzing videos on youtube of people riding the Dragon's Tail Coaster!

This one is very straightforward and gives you a view of the whole ride:

But THIS one has screaming! ;)

Check them out!

Edited by Merion_Mom

• 3 months later...

Has anyone done these coasters at any ski resorts? I've done it at Park City, UT and Okemo, VT. The ride down is probably only about 3 minutes long. I'm curious how the one in Labadee compares in terms of length. They're definitely fun, but $24 for one ride is a little excessive.