Radiance Jan 27 cleaning up Noro from previous cruise

Do you know what happened with Bobby Brown?

I was on Radiance for her repo back to Australia in Sept/Oct & he was just starting his stint with Becky as usual. Then next thing I hear they have left the ship?

Not sure how true it is but was speaking to an officer type crew member from the Radiance a week or so ago and she said Becky had resigned but Bobby would be returning on the Voyager.

Do you know what happened with Bobby Brown?

I was on Radiance for her repo back to Australia in Sept/Oct & he was just starting his stint with Becky as usual. Then next thing I hear they have left the ship?

Becky's father is very sick and needs total care. So Beckie has resigned to look after the family and Bobby was given a transfer to an Rccl ship in Europe, cant recall which one but maybe check out the current cd list. Gordon has taken over Beckies role.

I am not so sure that the personal policy of NOT using public toilets onboard is a good one. I know that may seem counter-intuitive for some , but my thoughts go like this. I believe that it is most important that we all wash our hands very frequently when onboard cruiseships -- and especially before we eat or drink anything. As we get around the ship, we touch things - even when we consciously try not to ( eg stair railings and lift buttons) - hence the need to wash hands frequently. If we only wash after toileting in our own cabins, this may mean that for some, hands are not washed enough during the course of the day.

I have no worries at all about using the public toilets -- as I wash my hands thoroughly after using them - and indeed I will go into a public toilet just to wash my hands before eating/drinking. ( public toilets often being placed close to eating places)

Barry

One of the issues on this cruise was the plumbing blockage creating overflowing toilets, in particular on deck 11. The simple act of walking into the toilet meant your shoes were contaminated and thereby spreading the disease.

The crew were on top of this quick smart but nevertheless it doesnt take much but the ship is now clean for the next cruise.

The entire deck 11 gets disinfected and scrubbed every night.

Radiance is still my favourite ship over Rhapsody though as it had a better volume ratio and you can always find a quiet spot to relax.

Food has been great - better than Rhapsody in Dec.

The staff have been superb and Capt Petersen very approachable.

One of the most interesting and frank lectures was presented by Richard Pockock about ships and shipping.

Many staff go on leave tomorrow and then return for the TP to Hawaii meaning we will catch up to them again in August.

Just had our farewell concert and its time to pack.

By tomorrow i will probably need another cruisefix:)

I am not so sure that the personal policy of NOT using public toilets onboard is a good one. I know that may seem counter-intuitive for some , but my thoughts go like this. I believe that it is most important that we all wash our hands very frequently when onboard cruiseships -- and especially before we eat or drink anything. As we get around the ship, we touch things - even when we consciously try not to ( eg stair railings and lift buttons) - hence the need to wash hands frequently. If we only wash after toileting in our own cabins, this may mean that for some, hands are not washed enough during the course of the day.

I have no worries at all about using the public toilets -- as I wash my hands thoroughly after using them - and indeed I will go into a public toilet just to wash my hands before eating/drinking. ( public toilets often being placed close to eating places)

Barry

Do you use an antibactarial as well Bazza? I think that's of added importance.

Jill:)

Major toilet blockage this morning on decks 9 to 11. Public toilets were overflowing (onto the floor:eek:) as passengers couldn't use cabin toilets. Problem was attended to promptly though once engineering staff was made aware of the problem.

Hugh

Radiance has suffered from sewerage/plumbing problems almost from the day it was launched.:eek:

Do you use an antibactarial as well Bazza? I think that's of added importance.

Jill:)

Yes -- definitely . But my understanding is that is is of no use to combat NoroVirus. I think that it's use may actually be a contributing cause to outbreaks on the ships - as people "think" that it is all they need to do/use and don't wash their hands often enough.

Barry

Radiance has suffered from sewerage/plumbing problems almost from the day it was launched.:eek:

Has it? Funny enough I have sailed on her on 4 cruises now on 3 different decks (4, 8, & 10) for a total of 6.5 weeks all up & have never once encountered any plumbing issues in the cabin or public spaces.

Maybe I'm just lucky? :)

Lots of problems with the sewerage on deck 7, several times. Only one issue with a non functioning toilet in our cabin deck 10 on week 2 (they switch it off to work on it down the line), but saw the workers around several places with the "snake". Had trouble on Rhapsody, and had blowers in the hallway when we embarked for our Grand Suite on Voyager, and cabins around us had issues. It seems the vacuum system is very temperamental. We often press the button several times to make sure there is sufficient water to move things along.

Lots of problems with the sewerage on deck 7, several times. Only one issue with a non functioning toilet in our cabin deck 10 on week 2 (they switch it off to work on it down the line), but saw the workers around several places with the "snake". Had trouble on Rhapsody, and had blowers in the hallway when we embarked for our Grand Suite on Voyager, and cabins around us had issues. It seems the vacuum system is very temperamental. We often press the button several times to make sure there is sufficient water to move things along.

When i observed the guys working on the system, the pipes didnt seem very big therefore it wouldnt take much to block them. Amazing what people try to flush down the toilet, like dirty nappies for goodness sake.

Rhapsody did have the weaker vacuum system.

I sailed on the Canberra many moons ago and she was a shocker. That ship had pipes that just didnt go anywhere.

Hugh

Yes they are small, and I think they could run first timers through that a bit better in my opinion. On deck 10 on radiance the vacuum sounded like it did a double go each time, and it was noisier than deck 7. So maybe that was what made less issues on deck 10.

Hugh what was cabin 1100 like? We are in there for a cruise next month.

Excellent, top JS on the ship. Huge balcony. Nice and peaceful. But keep it quiet:D. Rccl got 2 onboard sales just from people visiting our cabin.

Take some gaffa tape for the drawers as they do open at the sligtest roll of the ship. A bit of blue tack works also.

Fridge does eventually cool down drinks but ask for a large ice bucket and tell the room attendant you want it refreshed each day.

Any drinks you take out of fridge to make space for your drinks, put them where they can be seen by the daily mini bar checker.

Your sea pass account is on the TV but may not come up until day 2.

Enjoy

Hugh