Early Dinner Seating

mompells

We are on the FOS - 7 night Western Caribbean - 4/13/14.

We are doing the early dinner seating at 5:30pm. We have an excursion that might put us getting back to be at the 5:30 seating a few minutes late (like 10-20 minutes late) Will they still take us? Will this be acceptable? Do they give you any "leeway"?

I see you have cruised before so you have a grasp of how the dining times work. Basically, there are a few minutes' leeway, but IMO to arrive more than 10/15 minutes late is not appropriate and does "throw off" the timing of the meal for the others at the table and for the wait staff. Some here may say go ahead and arrive anytime you want, but that's just not realistic.

You asked will they take you - yes, of course - but you have to decide how this will affect others around you.

If you have a table to yourselves (your own party with no others), you can tell your wait staff the night before that you will be late arriving the next night. It shouldn't be a problem. Alternatively, feel free to enjoy dinner in a specialty restaurant or the Windjammer buffet that night; then you won't have to rush back from your excursion and shower and change for dinner. The WJ is actually a wonderful place for a casual dinner and you can go whenever you are ready. :)

We are on the FOS - 7 night Western Caribbean - 4/13/14.

We are doing the early dinner seating at 5:30pm. We have an excursion that might put us getting back to be at the 5:30 seating a few minutes late (like 10-20 minutes late) Will they still take us? Will this be acceptable? Do they give you any "leeway"?

Anything over 10 minutes late and Im finding a different venue to eat at that night :) Thats just my personal decision though and a big reason Im opting for My Time Dining from here on out.

The last thing I want to do is disrupt dinner for my tablemates or make it tough on the already over worked wait staff.

We are a family of five adults who requested a table for just us, so we wouldn't be holding anyone else up. We really enjoy the main dining room, so I just wanted to see if this would be ok for just one night. All of the other nights we will be prompt.

When this happened to my husband and I we spoke to the waiter and maitre'd and they found a table for us at the later seating that night with the same wait staff. I would recommend asking for this. They are usually very helpful.