Getaway is leaving RIGHT NOW on webcam

LrgPizza

Someone on Facebook mentioned the fireworks, might be related to the Super Bowl?!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Yeah I had to google it. They were sponsored by macys for the Super Bowl.

Yulp - that was fireworks from Liberty State Park in NJ as part of this week's SB, a free kickoff concert - apparently low turnout, blamed on the cold weather - http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/sports&id=9409520

Looking up the location of the Gateway on marinetraffic, she is just off the coast of NJ - 15 to 20 miles off the shores of Long Branch. CCL's Splendor is returning from its regular 8 nights sailing to NY and further south, off Atlantic City.

Off topic - SB ticket prices are down, per media reporting, to only $2,000 each (way below its peak ask of $8,000 +) :eek:

The current 2 day CTN, is for NCL invitee's (travel agents, media, VIP's, etc.), and has nothing to do with the Super Bowl...

When she returns Wednesday, that is when she becomes the "Bud Light Hotel" charter for the Budweiser Super Bowl guests. She does a public, two night repositioning cruise to Nassau on the 3rd, and then deadheads over to Miami to do Inaugural celebrations, and finally her regular schedule on 8 February.....

Edited by bob brown

I found this great photo of the Getaway in NYC, I thought you all might like to see it.

_DSC4892

I can see my May sailing balcony - Deck 9 - third aft balcony from the left - 9320. That is if I don't decide to buy new appliances instead, which you guys have twisted my arm not to do. :D

Wow. That is a great pic.

Thanks for posting it!

You're welcome! I see we'll both be on the Breakaway in July. Right now I feel like I won't be warm again until then. lol

Zoey, enjoy your cruise! We have an Aft balcony (12908) for the Breakaway. Can't wait can't wait CAN'T WAIT! :D:p

I found this great photo of the Getaway in NYC, I thought you all might like to see it.

_DSC4892

Do you know where the Breakaway will be docked when she gets back this week.

Also is that where the Getaway/"Bud Light Hotel" will be docked.

The Getaway will probably be docked at Pier 88, Berth One....the opposite side of the pier she was in for that photo. Berth One is closer to the Intrepid, and offers the 'hotel guests' a better view....

So the Breakaway and the Gem will probably use their normal Berth Two for their turnarounds....the Gem could use Pier 90, but I don't believe that pier can accommodate the Breakaway class ships.....

You're welcome! I see we'll both be on the Breakaway in July. Right now I feel like I won't be warm again until then. lol

Zoey, enjoy your cruise! We have an Aft balcony (12908) for the Breakaway. Can't wait can't wait CAN'T WAIT! :D:p

Can't we fast forward to July? I swear it hasn't been this cold in 20 years and the snow just won't stop!

Looking forward to this weekend with all the NCL ships here in NYC :D

Happy Cruising!!

~Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

Getaway is HERE again right now!

I am obsessed with this webcam.

~Robin

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

So am I! I've been sitting here watching her arrive, just like I watched her go.

I'm gonna get fired. ;)

~Robin

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

HaHa...I'm snowed in so I can watch! How would you like to be parking that thing?