Oops - 1st Time NCL Cruiser - 10.25.14

capapa

Hello. My soon to be wife & I will be sailing the Jade this October for our Honeymoon. We have cruised before, but this will be our first time with NCL.

Any tips or tricks you can offer when sailing NCL?

Thank you.

Michael

Congrats to both of you. I know it will be a trip of a life time.

NCL is a very relaxed cruise line. Eat, drink, entertain when you want. I would start by searching out other posts of the Jade in the search engine above. See what others have done and what they did and did not like. Looks for people who have done pictorial reviews. That always seems to help me.

Have a great time researching and planning

Any tips or tricks you can offer when sailing NCL?

Thank you.

Michael

Here are my best tips:

- visit the Roll Call for your cruise

- go to the Review section for your ship

- go to PORTS OF CALL boards for ideas

- scan down through posts from the past few weeks. You will find answers to questions you did not know you had

(what is the "oops" comment?)

Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials! I see you'll be sailing the Mediterranean, how romantic is that?!!

If you are not tee-totalers, I can give you some hints on cozy and affordable imbibing...

Agreed, congratulations on your upcoming wedding. Crystalspin, I'd appreciate some hints on cozy and affordable imbibing! :D

Also to OP: Unfortunately while Roll Calls can be very good places for information and getting to know people in advance (if you want to, it is completely voluntary), especially on Jade the Roll Calls in my experience are often pretty quiet and nowhere as large as the ones on many Caribbean cruises etc.

Anyway, here is the link to your cruise's Roll Call: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1960090

Edited by Demonyte

@ stsbj

I just posted a quick summary of the two ways to get a bottle of liquor or liqueur in your stateroom, as post #3 in this new and appropriately named thread:

Hard Liquor For Sale

Additionally, you can have a bottle of wine in the room by at least three methods:

-- Bring it on in your carryon (no limit number of bottles) and pay $15/750ml bottle. This seems to work in your favor for either inexpensive wines that you might like, that wouldn't be available on board, or for expensive wines that would be marked up a lot on board.

-- Buy a ViVa Vino package of 4/6/8 bottles once on board for a savings of ~20% -- they say in other threads that there is a table in the main foyer for this on embarkation day, although I didn't notice it. The current list EXCEPT for Getaway is in this file:

ViVaVino

Thanks to CC member Time2Cruise1 for the list.

Getaway has a different ViVaVino list, and the wine list for the whole fleet is rumored to be changing soon, but since you can't do this before boarding, it's probably enough to know it exists... unless you want to see the list to decide whether to bring your own vs. buying on board. Remember that 15% will be added on top of those prices, as well as the next two.

-- Third way for a bottle of wine is pre-ordering from this list:

WineList_Fleetwide

Directions HERE.

-- Fourth of three ways (haha) is PROBABLY to go to a bar or restaurant and order a single bottle. Haven't done this either!

Finally, to have a beer, or a few, in your stateroom -- buy a bucket of beer at any bar -- pay for five, get six -- take them all and an opener to your cabin. Empty your fridge to a shelf OR have the steward take the stuff you don't want away.

Edited by crystalspin