Angry Orchard hard cider on board?

slyster

ncsteeler, wondering if you had a chance to find out if jewel had strongbow? If not, no worries. I tried the red apple ale a couple of weeks ago. and it was pretty good.

Redds apple ale is much sweeter then the woodchucks and angry orchard and my stomach told me Redds it is not gluten free! then I did the research and Redds is NOT gluten free for those that drink the hard ciders since they are gluten free and beer is not an option.

Edited by dasi11

Redds apple ale is much sweeter then the woodchucks and angry orchard and my stomach told me Redds it is not gluten free! then I did the research and Redds is NOT gluten free for those that drink the hard ciders since they are gluten free and beer is not an option.

That is because Redd's is an apple ale, not a cider. If you're going for gluten free, go for a gluten free beer (there are some decent ones out there now) or go for a true hard cider. They have to list it as hard cider whereas Redd's is called an apple ale....

That is because Redd's is an apple ale, not a cider. If you're going for gluten free, go for a gluten free beer (there are some decent ones out there now) or go for a true hard cider. They have to list it as hard cider whereas Redd's is called an apple ale....

I actually don't like beer... Love the hard cider and both woodchucks and angry orchard are deliberately going after the gluten free market. IT is all over their websites that they are gluten free. Each one is listed as gluten free in the description.

http://angryorchard.com/#!/process/

http://www.woodchuck.com/cider/gluten-free.html

Ok, so Freedom may have Strongbow next week. I will check. Now the bigger question is do they have Fireball on board? I don't remember asking last year but I agree it is VERY good with the Angry Orchard and I'd be happy to try it with whatever they have :) The joys of the unlimited drink packages :p

I had Redds apple ale a couple of weeks ago at a restaurant that just ran out of the angry orchard. The waitress told me to try it and if I didn't like it I wouldn't have to pay for it. I have to say it was pretty good too.

I'm not looking for gluten free, just something other than beer which I hate :p. I enjoy some wines and just happened to find out about angry orchard. The crazy thing is I can pretty much get angry orchard in any store or bar. But not on a RC ship LOL!

I was just looking for something different and since Angry Orchard is my thing now, I was hoping RC would have it.

oh and this is way off topic, but since we are discussing drinks...

i see budweiser (i think it's budweiser???) has a strawberry margarita beer??? Does that taste a lot like beer or? Probably a dumb question...just wondering because I'm heading to a baseball game in a few weeks and I remember that being the first place I saw it.

i see budweiser (i think it's budweiser???) has a strawberry margarita beer??? Does that taste a lot like beer or? Probably a dumb question...just wondering because I'm heading to a baseball game in a few weeks and I remember that being the first place I saw it.

They have a variety of flavors, including strawberry, raspberry and mango-ritas. I don't think they particularly taste like beer (I don't care for beer, myself) but the only one I can manage to drink is the mango flavored one. None of them are particularly tasty.

They don't taste like beer at all. They remove basically all of the malt flavor and replace it with the fruit flavoring. They also don't really taste like margaritas either. Just like a very sweet, kind of artificial-tasting, juice.

• 3 months later...

Hoping it's okay to bump this up. Anyone else find cider on board any ship without an english pub? I'll be on Jewel in three months and would love to hear someone found it there.

I too am wondering if Jewel has cider, as it is my drink of choice. Personally I like Hornsby's but I'll take what I can get onboard! If they do have cider & it's included in the beverage package I would be so very happy!! :D:D:D

Strongbow is my favorite cider, and I have had it on Liberty of the Seas, Navigator, and Allure. I find Angry Orchard to be way too sweet; it seems to be the mass-marketed American version of cider.

Well don't drink Strongbow now. Heineken phased out original Strongbow Hard Cider recipe with new flavors. They are sweet like Angry Orchard or Woodchuck. I am so upset by this. I with I knew this before it happened. I would have purchased a case before the change. :mad:

• 2 months later...
Does anybody know if hard cider is included in any of the beverage packages?

Yes. According to the drinks menu's.

The following brands of beer ales and stouts are excluded:

Boddingtons

Redhook Long Hammer IPA

Guinness

Murphys

Sam Addams

Fosters

Edited by icsys

Yes. According to the drinks menu's.

The following brands of beer ales and stouts are excluded:

Boddingtons

Redhook Long Hammer IPA

Guinness

Murphys

Sam Addams

Fosters

Do you know if Strongbow, Original Sin, Woodchuck, or Angry Orchard are included? And which level of packages would they be in?

Do you know if Strongbow, Original Sin, Woodchuck, or Angry Orchard are included? And which level of packages would they be in?

Strongbow is included in the Select Package. I've not seen any of the others.

Edited by clarea

Strongbow is included in the Select Package. I've not seen any of the others.

Thanks Bob. I think you and Pete are themost helpful people on these boards! Both of you have answered all of my questions whether they're dumb or not lol

Thanks guys!

I'm going to guess that within the next year or so we will see more hard cider on board especially since it's becoming a little more popular. I have not tried strongbow. I don't think it will be available on my Jewel cruises in a few weeks though. Oh well...

I'm going to guess that within the next year or so we will see more hard cider on board especially since it's becoming a little more popular. I have not tried strongbow. I don't think it will be available on my Jewel cruises in a few weeks though. Oh well...

Don't know for sure, but I'd try the Sports Bar on deck 6.

For all the cider lovers on this thread (I too am one), here's one I haven't heard anyone mention. Bold Rock Hard Cider. It's made in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia. My husband's favorite is still Angry Orchard. Angry Orchard is too sweet for me, and Redds is even sweeter than Angry. I prefer a light, crisp, dry cider. Boldrock fits that bill perfectly. If you ever see it available, give it a try.

When I want a cider on a ship, Strongbow is fine. It just isn't my favorite.

The only ciders I've ever seen onboard were Strongbow and Magners. I've never seen Original Sin, Woodchuck or Angry Orchard.

For all the cider lovers on this thread (I too am one), here's one I haven't heard anyone mention. Bold Rock Hard Cider. It's made in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia. My husband's favorite is still Angry Orchard. Angry Orchard is too sweet for me, and Redds is even sweeter than Angry. I prefer a light, crisp, dry cider. Boldrock fits that bill perfectly. If you ever see it available, give it a try.

When I want a cider on a ship, Strongbow is fine. It just isn't my favorite.

is Strongbow sweet like Angry Orchard? I prefer sweet.

bob, I'll give the sports bar a try and if I get lucky, I'll post here about it! Thanks!