Quick Comments after Silhouette Cruise

attilamom1217

I am just back from the Silhouette 1/19/14 sailing and want to make a few quick comments (aka answers to some of the questions that have been posed here). I will be doing a formal review later.

Classic Drink Package: We were able to get SOME martinis in a small size - but very few were available. Fortunately for me Cosmo was one (Appletini was another one.). Frozen daiguries, coladas, margaritas... were also included. The Sommelier at Blu was very helpful in choosing red wine for me at dinner time that stayed within the $8/drink allowance. We did not feel the need to upgrade to Premium.

Soda - was served by the can - most of the time, along with a glass and ice.

Drink Service - excellent!!!! We had no problem ordering a drink. We sometimes had to find a server, but once we ordered, the server was constantly checking to see if we wanted anything else.

Luggage Valet - was available - $20/person. If you sign up for the luggage valet, then you are not assigned a disembarkation time. You become a walk off. We hung around until 9:30 and walk off was easy. There were short lines in the terminal if you don't have luggage. Took us about 10 minutes on line to get through customs. The longest line we had to wait on was for a taxi.

Check in on Embarkation Day - no line for the Aqua Class. the lines were longest waiting to get through the security check at the terminal entrance. The Concierge/AquaClass/Suites had a shorter line. However, got to the terminal shortly after noon and were in bistro on 5 about 30 minutes later.

Complimentary Champagne and Mimosas were served upon entering the ship!

Cold towels and ice water greet you as you return to the ship from a day at port (except San Juan since the ship doesn't arrive until 3 and leaves at 9).

Ice Buckets - we were informed by our room steward that ice buckets were available on request. We requested and we had fresh ice everyday.

Pillow Menu (Concierge and Aqua Classes) - there is NO written menu. Just ask your room steward for a specific pillow and you shall receive!!!

There were foot stools (2) along with 2 chairs and a table on the balcony (Aqua Class).

Bottled Water - again Aqua Class - we had two bottles delivered every day when the room steward serviced the room. If we had none during the turn down service, 2 more bottles were there. These were 16.9 oz bottles of water.

Canapes - Concierge and Aqua Class. We had canapes on embarkation day. However, starting that evening and every evening after that, we received a note asking if we want canapes, what time frame, and informing us that we needed to be present in the room when the canapes are delivered. We didn't request them since we couldn't guarantee we would be in the room for the delivery.

I will be happy to answer any more questions if I can.

Debbi

Edited by attilamom1217

Thanks for this.

Did you notice if they were offering special deals on the speciality restaurants throughout the cruise. On Eclipse last year they often had a table set up by the entrance as we embarked after each port offering deals on Qsine - 30% off usually.

Thanks for this.

Did you notice if they were offering special deals on the speciality restaurants throughout the cruise. On Eclipse last year they often had a table set up by the entrance as we embarked after each port offering deals on Qsine - 30% off usually.

Aqua Class gets 50% any specialty restaurant embarkation night. During the cruise, I think some of the restaurants gave a 20-30% discount, but we really didn't look into it as we were enjoying Blu and had already been to one of the restaurants.