Last voyage of the Pride

wingit

We are considering taking the final voyage of the Pride (while it's still in Seabourn's hands). It's a transatlantic. Any idea of what the mood/atmosphere will be like? Will the crew make a big deal of it? Nonstop celebrations? Perhaps a little melancholy? Lots of long-time Seabourn sailers aboard? Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts... Thank you

I imagine the roll call would be made up almost entirely of Seabourn Alumna.

Whilst people on board will no doubt have their own quiet time of reflection, as a group I envisage old friends meeting up, the swapping of memories and in some cases the thieving of memorabilia :)

Henry :)

"Seabourn has designated 15 cruises from November 21, 2013 through the final transatlantic crossing departing March 30, 2014 as the ship's "Farewell Season, " bringing back many of your favorite staff members and other alumni who served on board over the years. Special onboard activities and themed events will be featured, including the popular "Presidential Dinners" that recreate ceremonial state dinners served in the U.S. White House. The cruises will also incorporate Seabourn's signature "Caviar in the Surf" beach barbecues and watersports Marina Days."

Whilst people on board will no doubt have their own quiet time of reflection, as a group I envisage old friends meeting up, the swapping of memories and in some cases the thieving of memorabilia :)

Screwdrivers and hammers will be confiscated on embarkation.

I'm having my toolbox fed ex'd to the ship

Actually not quite all. We made our maiden Seabourn reservation without knowing that it was to be the final run. We have heard varying opinions of the ship and hope that it will be an experience we will enjoy.

Join us, then you can experience one of the little sisters at what should be her best.:D

Join us, then you can experience one of the little sisters at what should be her best.:D

The little sisters are a bit small for Henry,he likes something a bit newer and slightly larger.

He is missing something special in the cruising world by not travelling on these special ships.

The little sisters are a bit small for Henry,he likes something a bit newer and slightly larger.

He is missing something special in the cruising world by not travelling on these special ships.

Pity. I think my stills + his video of the crew would make for a great farewell for the Pride.