FOS Entertainment reservations?

On the Freedom of Seas, do we need to make ice skating AND evening show reservations ahead of time? Right now, for the 3-30 cruise, the reservations are not available, but I thought we just needed ressies for ice show, but then someone mentioned to me that we could also get them ahead of time for the other evening shows.

Along those lines, if we are a party fo 12 with 7:30 dinner reservations each night, can we make the 9:00 shows? It seems like we would be pretty rushed, even with reservations (if possible)

thanks!

On the Freedom of Seas, do we need to make ice skating AND evening show reservations ahead of time? Right now, for the 3-30 cruise, the reservations are not available, but I thought we just needed ressies for ice show, but then someone mentioned to me that we could also get them ahead of time for the other evening shows.

Along those lines, if we are a party fo 12 with 7:30 dinner reservations each night, can we make the 9:00 shows? It seems like we would be pretty rushed, even with reservations (if possible)

thanks!

We only had to make reservations for the ice show. You will be rushed trying to make a 9:00 show with 7:30 dinner reservations, especially with a party of 12. There is an afternoon ice show you can reserve instead of the evening performance.

We did not make any resies for any shows because we didnt want to back our schedule into any obligations. We had no clue what we would do at what time

The ticket crowd will get in first. We always got into the shows and didnt have complaints.

I guess I'll just wait and see what we can make reservations for. On the website it says only the Ice Show for the FOS, but another thread said you could also make other show reservations ahead of time for the FOS.

A quick dinner question - does anyone know if the max at a table is 10 on the FOS? At some point our TA said "2 tables of 6 each" but I thought she may have said something different later on.

The only shows on Freedom with advance reservation are the ice shows. No problem getting into the other shows. We usually walk in about 5 minutes before show starts but there are only two of us and we like sitting in the balcony so we can "escape" if necessary.:D

Sherri:)

Maybe to clear things up a little. 1 year ago on Freedom (Dec 2012), reservations were available online for all the shows. I made all the reservations, but they never even checked for shows in the main theater, only the Ice Show. Then, in October 2013, only Ice Show reservations were available online. I think they realized that reservations were not needed/enforced for the regular shows so they stopped the online reservations for those.

I would highly recommend the reservations for the Ice Show! It will be very crowded and if you have a group of 12 and want any chance of sitting near each other you will need reservations and also arrive to Studio B about 45 minutes early (doors will open 20-30 min prior to show, and there will be a long line already formed!).

If you have dinner reservations at 7:30, I am assuming that you have MTD. I have not ever done MTD on Freedom, but I know there a limited number of tables for 12 for traditional dining. I don't know if you will have much luck getting a table for 12 in MTD, especially if another table for 12 sits down at 6:30 or 7:00. Your best bet would be 2 tables for 6, but with MTD I don't know that you could guarantee the 2 tables being close to each other because it just depends on what is available at the time. Your best bet to be able to sit together would be either early or late dining (if it is available) so that you would have a definite table(s) each night able to accommodate everyone.

Thanks so much for the info!

Last year we were on the Reflection (same group of 12) and even though we had MTD - our same table was set up for us every night at the same time. I assumed it would be about the same thing this year.

My parents (who are diamond passengers) are going to stop by the dining room when we get on board to check on the seating situation.

Our TA was only able to get resies for us at 7:30 - not 7 which was our preferred time.

• 2 weeks later...

you can always go into my time dining room when you get on and pick two tables together. As soon as you can get on the line to make reservations, tell them which 2 tables you want and slip them some scratch.:D You'll get them. I have done this before especially when on ships I have been on before and I want the same staff I had the last time.