End of Allegrissimo all-inclusive?

Skipper Tim

I noticed that the MSC UK website no longer lists any of the 'Allegrissimo' all-inclusive options previously bookable as add-ons, as well as the meal-time only 'Cheers' package. MSC had already moved other European markets to 'Bella', 'Fantastica', 'Aurea' etc. demarcations which include different packages of benefits, drinks among them. Is this the end of Allegrissimo as we know it?

If so, my next cruise will be the second MSC cruise on which Allegrissimo was not available and yet I had it anyway :).

Just when I was wondering about cancelling it in favour of a few bottles of good wine, Allegrissimo becomes more precious!

T.

Edited by Skipper Tim

I noticed that the MSC UK website no longer lists any of the 'Allegrissimo' all-inclusive options previously bookable as add-ons, as well as the meal-time only 'Cheers' package. MSC had already moved other European markets to 'Bella', 'Fantastica', 'Aurea' etc. demarcations which include different packages of benefits, drinks among them. Is this the end of Allegrissimo as we know it?

If so, my next cruise will be the second MSC cruise on which Allegrissimo was not available and yet I had it anyway :).

Just when I was wondering about cancelling it in favour of a few bottles of good wine, Allegrissimo becomes more precious!

T.

The Australia cruise is available on an European on-line TA and Allegrissimo is offered at 23 Euros a day.

Annie

T.

It still appears on my MSC UK home page and on the next page if you follow the link

What I can't do is proceed further as I don't at present have a booking with them.

If they have dropped it they should take ALL references to it off their web site

MSC UK home page

allleg.jpg#

the follow on page by clicking the link with todays date

allsg2.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

It still appears on my MSC UK home page and on the next page if you follow the link

What I can't do is proceed further as I don't at present have a booking with them.

If they have dropped it they should take ALL references to it off their web site

MSC UK home page

allleg.jpg#

the follow on page by clicking the link with todays date

allsg2.jpg

Pete

I do have an MSC booking so followed the link and entered my details. It lists 8 drinks packages all of them of the carnet variety - none all-inclusive.

Following the other route, 'On Board Services' on the top menu bar, all references to the all the all-inclusive packages have been removed. This is without specifying any particular cruise or booking and which used to list them all exhaustively along with the ships, regions and seasons over which they were available. Niente.

I am sure something is afoot.

Tim.

Yes, you are right. Allegrissimo & Cheers still appear on the German MSc site - but is it only a question of time and are they available for booking?

On the German TA site - yes :)

Annie

PS Maybe they are just withdrawing the book-ahead facility for Allegrissimo but still offer it on board??

Annie

Edited by anniegb

I do have an MSC booking so followed the link and entered my details. It lists 8 drinks packages all of them of the carnet variety - none all-inclusive.

Following the other route, 'On Board Services' on the top menu bar, all references to the all the all-inclusive packages have been removed. This is without specifying any particular cruise or booking and which used to list them all exhaustively along with the ships, regions and seasons over which they were available. Niente.

I am sure something is afoot.

Tim.

If you go via the booked tab Allegrissimo is shown under All Inclusive Drink Package. Also when I use my existing booking ref I can find Allegrissimo available to book. Perhaps MSC are selecting who the package should be available for.......

If you go via the booked tab Allegrissimo is shown under All Inclusive Drink Package. Also when I use my existing booking ref I can find Allegrissimo available to book. Perhaps MSC are selecting who the package should be available for.......

That is possible.

Allegrissimo is not available on all cruises maybe it was confusing for some by advertising the package on the home page. Who knows??

BTW MSC USA has all the 2014/15 repos available for booking but no prepaid drinks packages:)

Annie

The USA site states it can be booked but when I put in my info it goes to 'Reserve on Board'

MSC Cruises : Book Your Allegrissimo Packages

Just spoke to MSC USA and they checked and said it was not put in the system yet but would be a bit nearer the date. They were contacting the IT dept.

Edited by maryann2

The USA site states it can be booked but when I put in my info it goes to 'Reserve on Board'

MSC Cruises : Book Your Allegrissimo Packages

Just spoke to MSC USA and they checked and said it was not put in the system yet but would be a bit nearer the date. They were contacting the IT dept.

Thanks for checking that out. That makes sense.

Annie

Tim

It's now available (again) for the Armonia. A "website error" has been blamed as the culprit.

Allegedly the IT guys flicked a switch and made it available.

I can't book anything now. All excursions and onboard services have gone. I am not sure that this is an improvement.

• 1 month later...

Hi - noticed that you uploaded part of an MSC wine menu in euro's - only red could be seen - do you have the whole thing by any chance?

Thanks

Hi - noticed that you uploaded part of an MSC wine menu in euro's - only red could be seen - do you have the whole thing by any chance?

Thanks

Sorry Caravan 37, I took the photos at the request of someone who only drank red wine. Also as I had the Allegrissimo I didn't pay much attention to the 'non' included wines.