Has anyone heard about this...Warm Up Now, Cool Down Later Sale!

Iamthesea

Saw this advertised on a TA site, but it makes it sound like it's from Celebrity. I could not find anything on Celebrity's website about it. :confused:

This is how it is worded, but I will not put any detail in because it might be a gimmick and not allowed.

Dated 2/23

Great Deal Alert! Celebrity’s Warm Up Now, Cool Down Later Sale

We’ve just gotten word of a fantastic new promotion being offered by Celebrity! Check out the Warm Up Now, Cool Down Later Sale!

I am getting ready to make final payment - due today - on a cruise, so want to make sure there is nothing special that I can switch to. My cruise stateroom has actually dropped in price, too!

Edited by Iamthesea

:D WOW! 72 looks and no one has posted, so I guess no one has heard of this promo. Must be a ploy. :rolleyes: Really makes me mad when they do this, but I must say it's a good sale. Might have to consider switching from Celebrity to the TA.

Oh shoot...just remembered that I cannot switch because the original booking was made while onboard. I suppose I could cancel original, though.:cool: Does Celebrity charge penalties before final is made? This is the first time I have booked directly thru the cruiseline. Did it for convenience, and now cannot get access to my reservation, so I have to call them for everything.

Googled it and I'm guessing it's simply a promo being offered by a TA. Seems they are throwing in pre-paid gratuities (Verandah and higher) as well as one free specialty restaurant. Applies to Caribbean and Alaska cruises.

I've been offered this before by the same TA so probably not associated with Celebrity.

I just called the agency. It's an agency-exclusive promo. Call them & see if u can get it added to your reservation.

Call who...Celebrity? I don't have my booking with an agency other than Celebrity. How did you know who to call...I didn't mention the TA name.

As I said, I would have to cancel my booking with Celebrity and wanting to see if I would be penalized?

Thanks Rick! Have you booked with this TA before?

Edited by Iamthesea

Call who...Celebrity? I don't have my booking with an agency other than Celebrity. How did you know who to call...I didn't mention the TA name.

As I said, I would have to cancel my booking with Celebrity and wanting to see if I would be penalized?

Thanks Rick! Have you booked with this TA before?

Sorry...I misunderstood....Thought you were already booked w/this TA. I Googled the promo & found out which TA is offering it. Yes, I use them all the time. If you're before FP, you should be able to canx w/X and rebook. However, I would call the TA first, find out the exact amenities & make sure it's not for new bookings only...i.e., tell them you have a booking w/X & explain that you want to cancel & rebook.

Yes, I just read the fine print over there. There are restrictions and it does say for new bookings. I would hate to mess myself up by cancelling and booking again. Though I will be switching staterooms, so not afraid of losing my stateroom if I cancelled. I would probably come out ahead if I switched, but such a hassle!

Edited by Iamthesea

Ended up going back to Celebrity and worked out a deal with them, after I upgraded my stateroom. :) I was able to negotiate and get the 3rd person in a room Non-Alcoholic Beverage perk + Internet. When we originally booked onboard, Celebrity only had the 1st and 2nd person Beverage perk. And I am receiving another $100 OBC, making it $200 for booking onboard. I am very happy! :)

Part of the recent 1-2-3GO! promo has always been "triple and higher occupancy guests will each receive one 38-minute internet package and one Classic Non-Alcoholic Beverage Package. Limit of one offer per stateroom."

This was always part of the "deal". No negotiations required.

I've read stuff like this in several places, people think they've negotiated a better deal with the cruise line directly than everyone else can get, and that they did better than they could have by using a travel agent.

i spoke to this agent as i always pay my grats up front and take anytime dining they wouldnt give free grats but offered me 375 dollars obc and an extra 70 dollars for dining this was on top of the celebrity offer of free bev

undecided

i spoke to this agent as i always pay my grats up front and take anytime dining they wouldnt give free grats but offered me 375 dollars obc and an extra 70 dollars for dining this was on top of the celebrity offer of free bev

undecided

I have had trouble obtaining the $70 specialty dining credit. It didn't show up on my statement and when I checked with the purser, I was told Celebrity had no record of it. I was given the credit as a courtesy, but now I have the same situation on an upcoming cruise. The TA told me his company would honor the credit, if Celebrity doesn't but it seems like it's catch as catch can. Has anyone had similar experience?

I have had trouble obtaining the $70 specialty dining credit. It didn't show up on my statement and when I checked with the purser, I was told Celebrity had no record of it. I was given the credit as a courtesy, but now I have the same situation on an upcoming cruise. The TA told me his company would honor the credit, if Celebrity doesn't but it seems like it's catch as catch can. Has anyone had similar experience?

Interesting....About a month ago, my friend booked thru the agency I assume we're all talking about (with which I almost always book) & she called me from St Thomas to ask me to contact them b/c X had no record of her free specialty dinner. Long story, short, I was told that the X "rep" never added it to the reservation & if it didn't get added by the end of the cruise she would get a credit of $70 to her credit card, which is what happened. So, I guess one way or another you'll get it!

BoSox: By any chance, did the agent's name start with a W?

Edited by RealDeal

undecided

I believe that the free gratuities and dining are generally paid in the form of OBC (at least they have been for me). Obviously if you prepay gratuities this means you end up with more OBC to use that has to be used for something else (unless it ends up being refundable).

Sent from my VS980 4G using Forums mobile app

Edited by MisterBill99

Part of the recent 1-2-3GO! promo has always been "triple and higher occupancy guests will each receive one 38-minute internet package and one Classic Non-Alcoholic Beverage Package. Limit of one offer per stateroom."

I've read stuff like this in several places, people think they've negotiated a better deal with the cruise line directly than everyone else can get, and that they did better than they could have by using a travel agent.

The 3rd person offer IS part of the 1-2-3 Promo. However, my original onboard booking was made during the Pick Your Perk Promo, back in August. The 3rd person amenities were not in the picture then.

So yes, I had to negotiate that 3rd person perk. ;)

I tried to get the added amenities last week when I made a call to Celebrity because I could not see my reservation online. Resolutions said "no" because I had booked my cruise during the PYP and not the 1-2-3. Yesterday, when I called to upgrade, I asked again. Once again, I was sent to Resolutions. They came back and said that since I was upgrading to a Suite, they would consider it a new reservation (even though I did not have to cancel the original) and would give me the 3rd person perks. Then they also gave me an extra $100 OBC (for booking the Suite) in addition to the $100 OBC I already had for booking onboard. This is a 5 night cruise.

I am very happy with what I am receiving.:) I may have received a little more through a TA, but I did not have to go through all the trouble of cancelling or transferring and not knowing who I was dealing with.

PS - If you do a search of this company along with "reviews", you will see quite a few complaints where passengers didn't receive all that was promised. It happens with large companies, and it can happen with Celebrity, too. At least the ship can contact Celebrity direct for any corrections. ;)

Edited by Iamthesea

Believe me... comfort had more to do with it this time, than the last dollar. And simplicity was not in the cards for this deal. I'll make up for it with another cruise. :)

I am all about finding the best deal and saving a dime. My husband gets mad when I want to use the last bit of soap or lotion, for instance. :D I'd buy off brands if he didn't object. I wouldn't be on these boards if I were not looking for a deal. I take advantage of every price drop that I can find. ;)

Edited by Iamthesea

Interesting....About a month ago, my friend booked thru the agency I assume we're all talking about (with which I almost always book) & she called me from St Thomas to ask me to contact them b/c X had no record of her free specialty dinner. Long story, short, I was told that the X "rep" never added it to the reservation & if it didn't get added by the end of the cruise she would get a credit of $70 to her credit card, which is what happened. So, I guess one way or another you'll get it!

BoSox: By any chance, did the agent's name start with a W?

My situation was a bit different in that there was a card in our cabin attesting to the specialty dinner. No dollar amount was mentioned. I immediately e-mailed my agent who responded that the credit would not appear on my statement but not to worry, it would occur. That had me scratching my head; if the credit appears no where, why would I receive it? At that point I saw the purser who fixed things up. But I was successful only because I had my invoice which clearly showed an OBC separate from the $70 credit. Whatever you do, do not leave home without proof of what you're entitled to.

My TA is R

My situation was a bit different in that there was a card in our cabin attesting to the specialty dinner. No dollar amount was mentioned. I immediately e-mailed my agent who responded that the credit would not appear on my statement but not to worry, it would occur. That had me scratching my head; if the credit appears no where, why would I receive it? At that point I saw the purser who fixed things up. But I was successful only because I had my invoice which clearly showed an OBC separate from the $70 credit. Whatever you do, do not leave home without proof of what you're entitled to.

My TA is R

Yes, I know who you mean ®. My friend used "W." I don't know him...but I got to know him after I called on her behalf! I think her downfall was that for some reason she didn't have her printed invoice indicating what she was entitled to & she couldn't pull it up on her phone for some reason. Well, it got straightened out in the end. I almost always use this agency & have never had a problem getting what I'm supposed to.