costa fascinosa balcony cabins

iloveglee

we are planning a cruise in october on the above ship. there are 4 of us and this time want to try and do the cruise bit on a tight budget as we are going to venice first (v. expensive). we looked to have a balcony and all 4 share the cabin. we have shared cabins before, we get on well, and have been in inside cabins which admittedly is a tight fit but we dont spend that much time in it. however, these cabins usually have two upper beds and three of our party find the climbing in and out of bunks difficult. one member of the party can just about manage it, for the moment. obviously he would prefer not to but i cant decide exactly what the bed configuration is in these balcony cabins. the legend on the deck plans suggests that there is a sofa bed and an upper bed. having looked at a number of photos, the sofa looks quite long and i wonder if it is actually suitable for two. or is it the angle from which the photos are taken and it isnt as long as it looks. if there is anyone out there who has been in one of these cabins and can tell me how wide the sofa bed actually is i would be very grateful. we are not booking just yet, we have never cruised with costa before, our first one is march this year. we want to see if we like them before committing ourselves. advice generally very welcome.

• 2 weeks later...

i think costa must be extra busy at the moment, i have tried phoning them but having to hang on for ages and have given up. we are not planning to book it yet, we are going on a costa cruise soon and plan to wait until we see if we like the line before booking again. this will be our first time with them and have stuff, both good and bad so want to make our own decision before committing to another trip with them.

• 1 month later...

thanks for the reply. taken me some time to respond, my search facility has been disabled for ages for some reason so not able to get to my posts. in the end we have decided not to take a cruise in the autumn but this information is useful for the future