Thomson cares help please

Dimensions in A to Z Guide. Hand Luggage is maximum 55 x 40 x 20cm. You should be able to lift your hand luggage into the overhead storage compartments yourself. Other bags, such as handbags must fit in your single item of hand luggage.

I put the things I think I will need on the flight in a separate bag which I take out of the trolley bag to keep with me. That way I can lift the trolley bag up into the overhead compartment myself!!

Thank you, I'll go shopping with my tape measure.:)

I'll have hubby to lift it into the locker.;)

Find the hand luggage restriction/dimensions laughable.I frequently see passengers with so called hand luggage that is blatantly obvious should be in the hold

I do too, Jim, but would not like to risk my hand luggage being put in the hold, so make sure the dimensions and weight are within the limits. DH takes a very small holdall,

Find the hand luggage restriction/dimensions laughable.I frequently see passengers with so called hand luggage that is blatantly obvious should be in the hold

I do agree Jim! Some of the so called hand luggage is enormous and it's so unfair to those who abide by the rules and then can't find room in the overhead lockers and have to put their bags under the seat in front which restricts the foot room. If they have rules in fairness to everyone they should be applied! And this is an easy one to monitor at check-in.

I would have to agree with you there. On our 4 flights in 2012 we saw some big pieces of carryon luggage. And all the people who came on the plane last, never had room for their luggage. It had to be checked. On each of the 4 flights, there was always a few people who had to check their stuff because by the time they got on the plane, there was no more room in the bins.

Which Im not surprised. U should have seen the size of a lot of the peoples carryon luggage!

After seeing this happen on all those flights, I like to make sure we are one of the first ones to get on a plane after they let the 1st class people on.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Forums mobile app

Edited by 81Cruise31

I do agree Jim! Some of the so called hand luggage is enormous and it's so unfair to those who abide by the rules and then can't find room in the overhead lockers and have to put their bags under the seat in front which restricts the foot room. If they have rules in fairness to everyone they should be applied! And this is an easy one to monitor at check-in.

Yes kruz,nothing more frustrating than getting to your seat to find theres no room in your overhead locker due to oversized hand luggage that sometimes belongs to someone from many many rows

Yes kruz,nothing more frustrating than getting to your seat to find theres no room in your overhead locker due to oversized hand luggage that sometimes belongs to someone from many many rows

So true - that really is annoying. :(

And then when you land they push through everyone to arrive by your seat pulling down huge cases over your head and getting in the way of other passengers trying to get out! Grrrrr.......

Edited by kruzseeka

I have never put hand luggage in the overhead locker. I always put it under the seat. My theory is that if it is in your hand luggage, you might need it during the flight (except valuables of course). I can't be bothered to keep jumping up and down during the flight to get stuff I want.

Am I odd? (no comments from you lot :D:D)

I have never put hand luggage in the overhead locker. I always put it under the seat. My theory is that if it is in your hand luggage, you might need it during the flight (except valuables of course). I can't be bothered to keep jumping up and down during the flight to get stuff I want.

Am I odd? (no comments from you lot :D:D)

I'm the same so if you are then I am too....I leave just enough to place my feet on to take the pressure off the back of my knees :D

Not just me then :D Another reason is that I am official passport/ticket carrier so like to keep my bag in sight

Same here so I know just what you mean, it's the way I like it.

Not long now for the cruise on Braemar Linda :)

Edited by barnowl1950
mistake

Me too! I never carry much hand luggage if I can help it (although when they reduced the hold luggage to 20kg I had to) partly because I am tiny and can't reach the overhead lockers😳 and partly because I hate lugging it about the airport. Like Linda I like to know where the paperwork is. I always have it as a footrest too. The minute hubby puts the other bag up there I always need something out of it!

Me too! I never carry much hand luggage if I can help it (although when they reduced the hold luggage to 20kg I had to) partly because I am tiny and can't reach the overhead lockers😳 and partly because I hate lugging it about the airport. Like Linda I like to know where the paperwork is. I always have it as a footrest too. The minute hubby puts the other bag up there I always need something out of it!
DH always wants something out of his bag :rolleyes: He moans about people with wheelie cases as hand luggage, while lugging along his huge holdall:rolleyes: Still it is squashie and we only take it to put all the layers of coats and jumpers which we shed as we get to warmer climes :D

I know :eek: Don't know what the weather will be like, but must be better than here :rolleyes:

You will soon be in the Caribbean :D

I know and can't wait to see what it's like on the Dream as well :)

Just been looking at a sunset chart....never realised before how early the sun sets down there, around 18.30 is the latest (June)

Edited by barnowl1950
missing word

The odd couple/s :D

Tend not to need anything out of hand luggage.Usually end up blowing Zzzz,s not long after take off

Spot kruz,we seem very alike :D

On my iPad and not got the hang of quoting yet

Well some of us need to get at really important things like lippy at times :D

I have my IT case on wheels so don't get a bad neck carrying 7kg hand luggage.

I need the 7kg to supplement the 20kg in the hold luggage. :rolleyes:

I just put the things I need on the flight in a lightweight fold up cotton bag which I take out before storing the trolley case overhead. I sort out what I need on the flight after buying magazines, Boots Ready Meal, etc . It works for me as at the uk airports I use, it is a very long walk to the plane. :(:D

Did you get one, V? As we are well off topic, I will start a new thread for anything to do with hand luggage.

Failed miserably to copy the information about a cabin hold-all I nearly bought, from the website, Vera.

The one I saw was 1.58 kgs in weight and was a holdall with wheels hidden behind a zipped compartment. It's dimensions are 55 x 32 x 23cm. It has 5Cities name on the zip tags, Style TBHOLD08-390, size 21".

I saw it in a local department store. If you are interested I could call in and see if they are still in the sale and in stock.

Failed miserably to copy the information about a cabin hold-all I nearly bought, from the website, Vera.

The one I saw was 1.58 kgs in weight and was a holdall with wheels hidden behind a zipped compartment. It's dimensions are 55 x 32 x 23cm. It has 5Cities name on the zip tags, Style TBHOLD08-390, size 21".

I saw it in a local department store. If you are interested I could call in and see if they are still in the sale and in stock.

Haven't bought it yet, but now know the one I am going to get.

It only weighs 1.6kg and fits the dimensions.

Also, thanks to your tip off have booked my seats at 23.55.:D

Haven't bought it yet, but now know the one I am going to get.

It only weighs 1.6kg and fits the dimensions.

Also, thanks to your tip off have booked my seats at 23.55.:D

Well done, on both points. It's such a relief when things get sorted.

I have to make some decisions this week. To rent out again or sell a house and which agent to use plus, either way there is decorating to do and I will have to do it as cannot get a decorator to do it before my cruise. Then, I have to make some drastic decisions on which clothes to leave behind! Guess which I consider is more important?