CCL Universal excursion with Rollator

cooncat_mom

I've been reading this forum for a few months now as my arthritis in my hips has slowly gotten worse. DD (my cruising companion) and I are cruising the CCL Splendor shortly to Port Canaveral, Nassau and Freeport. She very much wants to do Universal so I booked the excursion (we're aware that it will be only a short time there). Because of the length of time we'll be out, I've decided to use my late father's rollator (I am able to walk, but as I get tired, I do use a cane - or a shopping cart :D. With the amount of time we'll be out, the rollator will certainly help my back and hips!). My question - does anyone know if the excursion bus will be able to transport the rollator? I'm assuming that they'll use full size buses with cargo compartments. Thank you for sharing your experiences. As I slowly degenerate to hip replacement I'm having to learn a new way of travel - but I'm still moving (and thankful!)! :D

The bus for the excursion will most likely be a standard tour bus that has a luggage compartment below the seats that can hold the rollator. Even if it isn't a standard tour bus since you will be in the USA that day the tour company has to make a reasonable accommodation in accordance with ADA law to find a spot for the rollator.

Edited by xxoocruiser

Check with Excursions when you first board. Should be fine.

Be aware that it is a long walk inside the terminal to the transportation. You can use the elevator instead of the escalator, but in total a long way out.

Also having done this in December on Splendor, the ramp system they use in Nassau and Freeport is overly steep...hard on the knees. Many cruises and never experienced this steepness. Enjoy, it is a fun ship. Vicki

Thank you, vickila - I'll keep that in mind when I'm trying to get to the bus. Between the early hour (7:30 AM :p) and the distance it should be an interesting start to the day! Nassau, fortunately, we don't have plans. We'll just walk in the pier area, although if I remember correctly, I may do better with a cane than the rollator. Fortunately, I have young, strong DD to lean on too!