Drinks Packages

milly5959

Hi everyone, I have a question re drinks packages...are they worth the money? we are un decided as to whether we buy a package or just pay on board ship. I am just a bit scared of having a massive bill for drinks at the end of our cruise lol ;)

Hi everyone, I have a question re drinks packages...are they worth the money? we are un decided as to whether we buy a package or just pay on board ship. I am just a bit scared of having a massive bill for drinks at the end of our cruise lol ;)

It all depends on how much you drink. And also the type of drinks.

We worked out that after around 7 drinks the package was worth it. This includes speciality coffees, water, beer, wine and cocktails.

For us it is always worth it and great to be able to pay upfront.

This time round we have the classic drinks package included which we will upgrade ( possibly) to the premium package once onboard.

A difficult one to answer! Try searching for "Drinks Package" under Forum Tools and you will find many threads about this subject. For some, including myself, it is absolutely worth it, for others, it is not. There are many discussions on Cruise Critic about this, so you should easily be able to find loads of information which will help you to decide.Enjoy your cruise.

Can you not get the 123 offer of free drinks??

Are you already booked? Was the 123 pick your perk not offered on that sailing? It is so much more than booze, our coffee, juice, soda, bottle water, and Pellegrino bill would have cost us more than the daily fee for the Premium alcohol pkg. So it worked out very well for us.

Are you already booked? Was the 123 pick your perk not offered on that sailing? It is so much more than booze, our coffee, juice, soda, bottle water, and Pellegrino bill would have cost us more than the daily fee for the Premium alcohol pkg. So it worked out very well for us.

We booked online on the Celebrity Web-site ages ago, I have never heard of the 123 drinks package! when I look at offers with our booking it just says that we have been quoted the "best price" for our cruise and flights, so I don't think we can have any other offers!! When I look at purchasing a drinks package I nearly died because it is going to cost us another £550 each for the premium one... am beginning to wonder if it is worth it, does anyone know how much drinks are on board?

We booked online on the Celebrity Web-site ages ago, I have never heard of the 123 drinks package! when I look at offers with our booking it just says that we have been quoted the "best price" for our cruise and flights, so I don't think we can have any other offers!! When I look at purchasing a drinks package I nearly died because it is going to cost us another £550 each for the premium one... am beginning to wonder if it is worth it, does anyone know how much drinks are on board?

I would give Celebrity a ring and see if you can get the perk added - worth a shot anyway.

Even if you can't get it with the promo, consider getting the package - but call Celebrity and see if you qualify for the promo. Yes - the sticker shock...is, shocking. But - it's nice to have no drink bill at the end of the cruise. I love how I can get up in the morning and order what I want ALL day...from fresh squeezed juices, to vitamin waters, to pellegrino with dinner, martinis, and scotches... And sometimes I let the bartenders just make their own concoctions and if I don't love it, I don't feel bad because I can just grab something else.

Hi Vermonter , have e-mailed them to see if can qualify for any offers. If we don't I think we will just have to put up with the upfront cost !!! Xx thanks for your reply

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We had the beverage package last year for the first time and now just love it. For us, it is worth the extra cost of the cruise to get the 123 package. Although, some of the cruises with the package really aren't that expensive.

Don't forget, the beverage package entitles you to the really good coffee as well as bottled water, sodas, wine, beer and cocktails up to a certain price...depending on which package you get. I loved it when they had the grand buffet brunch and the waiter just hands you a mimosa ...then keeps them coming. So nice not to have a huge bill at the end of the cruise.

It was worth it! We loved not having a bill at the end of the cruise and the convenience was also a huge part. We purchased the Ultimate package last time. Yes, it was pricey but we made sure we used it to our advantage. We had plenty of bottled water, specialty coffees, fresh squeezed OJ and cocktails every day. I paced myself and only overindulged one night. :eek:The next cruise the Classic is included but we will be upgrading before sailing.

It depends on how much you drink. I purchased the premium package once and I just barely got enough drinks during our cruise to bracket even. I just couldn't drink that much.

A cruiser then posted a normal night for them when it comes to drinks. From getting dressed for dinner to the final night cap I counted about 9 drinks. For me it was more like three. As an example, the night I read that comment we went out for French-Vietnamese dinner. I had 2 chia teas with dinner and was FULL. This has how it was on the ship as well. I was thinking there was no way I could drink anything else that night. I just have to realize that as much as I'd love to drink more I just can't from a capacity stand point.

So I have an 11 night cruise coming up. I will not get the package and just see what the cost is for daily consumption of tasty drinks. Right now the premium package is around $683.

Edited by Chitown12562