Carnival Breeze vs RCCL Jewel

staceur

Hello All,

I will post this on the RCCL boards too so I can get varying opinions.

I am trying to figure out which ship to choose for my boyfriend's first cruise. I have been on both lines, but recently my cruises have been on Royal Caribbean ships. We will be going at the end of April or the begining of May depending on which line we pick. I have the 8 day southern held on the Breeze and the Jewel held. The only thing I am certain about is the fact that I know I want the southern itinerary. Also, note that the airfare is not a concern as the price from where we live is about the same flying to San Juan or Miami.

A little about us. We are both in our early 30's. We are pretty laid back go with the flow people. We enjoy eating a good meal and having some drinks. We are not loud partiers. We more enjoy a nice seat at the bar in a quiet venue. The MDR is not really a factor as I doubt that we will eat in there. My boyfriend is horrified at the thought of eating with strangers. We will most likely stick to the specialty restaurants and the more casual offerings.

I am torn between the two as I feel like the Breeze has more to offer a first time cruiser. I know there are huge difference between the two ship as one is brand new and one is in need of a drydocking, but I am trying to look at this from every angle.

He told me that I am the one who is going to have to make this decision, so please help me make the correct one!!!!

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Hello All,

I will post this on the RCCL boards too so I can get varying opinions.

I am trying to figure out which ship to choose for my boyfriend's first cruise. I have been on both lines, but recently my cruises have been on Royal Caribbean ships. We will be going at the end of April or the begining of May depending on which line we pick. I have the 8 day southern held on the Breeze and the Jewel held. The only thing I am certain about is the fact that I know I want the southern itinerary. Also, note that the airfare is not a concern as the price from where we live is about the same flying to San Juan or Miami.

A little about us. We are both in our early 30's. We are pretty laid back go with the flow people. We enjoy eating a good meal and having some drinks. We are not loud partiers. We more enjoy a nice seat at the bar in a quiet venue. The MDR is not really a factor as I doubt that we will eat in there. My boyfriend is horrified at the thought of eating with strangers. We will most likely stick to the specialty restaurants and the more casual offerings.

I am torn between the two as I feel like the Breeze has more to offer a first time cruiser. I know there are huge difference between the two ship as one is brand new and one is in need of a drydocking, but I am trying to look at this from every angle.

He told me that I am the one who is going to have to make this decision, so please help me make the correct one!!!!

Thanks in advance for the advice.

I would definitely go on the Breeze. Like you said it has much more to offer compared to a ship in need of a drydock.

I don't think loud partiers enters the equation on an 8 day cruise. Of course there will always be a couple people like that no matter what line you choose.

You can also do anytime dining and get a table for 2 every night if you don't want to eat with others.

Bill

We've been on both. It's really up to you. They are both beautiful ships. The Jewel will have a little less stuff to do. More laid back. We are diamond on ccl and diamond plus on rci. The thing we like best about rci is that at this level we get free drinks every night for 3 1 /2 hours. But since you won't get this perk you just have to pick the one you think you'll like the best. Figure in cost, ports, sea days and what you want to do.