Summit Port or Starboard for S. Caribbean

2Fltravelers

Look at the route map. If you're doing the St. Croix-Grenada itinerary like we did, then going south from Saturday to Wednesday, you'll get sunsets, then coming back for the rest of the trip, you'll get the sunrises. We were port-side so the opposite, but both are beautiful. As far as when you're coming into port, or leaving, the view of the islands, in my opinion, would be beautiful from either side. We liked having the sun wake us up in the morning as the ship was coming into port on Sunday through Wednesday, so liked the port side. But we are early morning people.

Look at the route map. If you're doing the St. Croix-Grenada itinerary like we did, then going south from Saturday to Wednesday, you'll get sunsets, then coming back for the rest of the trip, you'll get the sunrises. We were port-side so the opposite, but both are beautiful. As far as when you're coming into port, or leaving, the view of the islands, in my opinion, would be beautiful from either side. We liked having the sun wake us up in the morning as the ship was coming into port on Sunday through Wednesday, so liked the port side. But we are early morning people.

Yes, we are doing the St. Croix/ Granada trip so if I understand you correctly being on starboard means sunsets the first half and sunrises the second. That sounds great since we get both. We just switched our cabin but are still on the starboard side aft. Thanks.:)

Yes, we are doing the St. Croix/ Granada trip so if I understand you correctly being on starboard means sunsets the first half and sunrises the second. That sounds great since we get both. We just switched our cabin but are still on the starboard side aft. Thanks.:)

Yep - ship turns around and starts north on Wednesday evening at 5 when it leaves Grenada. So, you'd have sunsets Sat - Tues, possibly Wed depending on which way the ship is facing at 6'ish, and sunrise Thursday and Friday. The ship gets into Puerto Rico really early Saturday morning - not sure what side you'd be facing for that. It's all beautiful - we loved sitting on our balcony mornings and evenings as we approached and left each island. After having done this one, I really want to book the alternate itinerary as well. I wish I was going again next February!

Yep - ship turns around and starts north on Wednesday evening at 5 when it leaves Grenada. So, you'd have sunsets Sat - Tues, possibly Wed depending on which way the ship is facing at 6'ish, and sunrise Thursday and Friday. The ship gets into Puerto Rico really early Saturday morning - not sure what side you'd be facing for that. It's all beautiful - we loved sitting on our balcony mornings and evenings as we approached and left each island. After having done this one, I really want to book the alternate itinerary as well. I wish I was going again next February!

Thanks for confirming that. Any other info about the cruise to share would be appreciated.:cool:

As to which side has better views, at some of the ports the piers are perpendicular to the shore and ships dock on both sides. So whether or not you get the view facing another ship will depend on how the ship docks that day.

More than one cruise ship passenger has stepped out of the bathroom naked after an early morning shower, with the draperies open, to be surprised by a lovely view of the ship docked opposite with its passengers out on their balconies with their cameras. :D

We were on the starboard side and if I remember correctly the ship docked on the port side in St. Croix, Dominica and St. Kitts, and the starboard side in Grenada and St. Thomas, but that can change week to week.

I have a bunch of pictures and info for that itinerary in my review, linked in my signature.