Wait List for Post Cruise Hotel

S O B

We're on a July Baltic trip ending in Stockholm and decided to take Oceania up on the pre & post hotel packages. We were quickly confirmed for the pre cruise in Copenhagen but are told that we are waitlisted for the Stockholm hotel.

Our TA is confident that the room will come available but does anyone know what will happen if it does not? If we have to make our own room reservation, will Oceania then charge us Air Deviation fees for our trip home? The main reason we chose to let Oceania book our hotels was to avoid such fees.

Thanks for your help!

We're on a July Baltic trip ending in Stockholm and decided to take Oceania up on the pre & post hotel packages. We were quickly confirmed for the pre cruise in Copenhagen but are told that we are waitlisted for the Stockholm hotel.

Our TA is confident that the room will come available but does anyone know what will happen if it does not? If we have to make our own room reservation, will Oceania then charge us Air Deviation fees for our trip home? The main reason we chose to let Oceania book our hotels was to avoid such fees.

Thanks for your help!

If that hotel does not become available, Oceania will put you into a comparable one elsewhere. Unless your heart is set on being in the original hotel, there isn't any reason to be concerned at all.

Seems rather strange way to say money:rolleyes:

You pay double for the hotel just to save the deviation fees

When you can book a hotel on your own pay for the transfer to/from the port & still save more than the cost of the deviation fee

YMMV

Lyn

Seems rather strange way to say money:rolleyes:

You pay double for the hotel just to save the deviation fees

When you can book a hotel on your own pay for the transfer to/from the port & still save more than the cost of the deviation fee

YMMV

Lyn

Very true. My mileage varied in this case. The cheapest airfare I could book on my own was $219/pp higher than the Oceania allowance. Also deducting $208/pp for transfers, figuring in the Air Dev savings and for what I would have to rent a decent room in both places, my TA showed me that I could probably save about $100 and have to then pay my own transfers.

It was a no-brainer, seriously. It doesn't always work out this way but it did for us in this case and I appreciate my great TA for showing me all the numbers side-by-side.

Now I just hope Jim & Stan are right (Aren't they always?) and I don't get screwed because Oceania didn't pre-book enough rooms at their Stockholm partner.